• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodlines Season 2 |OT| People die. Secrets don't. On Netflix May 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It's been a while since I saw S1 though, but what exactly was the reason again that the two brothers and sister were basically almost forced to
kill Danny?
Well, John killed Danny independently after Danny refused to back down. Danny wanted to ruin the Rayburn's name by associating the inn with drug smuggling. Danny had planted drugs at the inn (which the others moved) to shut down the inn.

I find myself rooting for John to get caught. Yeah, Season 2 reviewers were spot on. We knew this was coming when they killed off the best character/actor. It probably should have been a mini-series instead.

It's pretty hard to like any characters in this family lol

Yeah, once you figure out the family secret that pretty much drives the entire series, you realize that these are incredibly shallow and fucked up people.

I love it because in any other show, it would be this incredibly complex and convoluted backstory. Hell, they even justify it as that to multiple people this season. But no. It's just one shitty instigating incident and some real shitty reactions that are black and white as fuck.

Heck, Danny is both the least and most fucked up of all the Rayburns.

It's amazing how this show makes these people seem sympathetic and even redeemable until you stop to think about it for one second.

Ep. 7, a bit of confusion:
Is Beau Bridges funneling dirty money/SuperPAC money for John's campaign through Kevin's marina?

EDIT: Oh, I get it now. Planting seeds for a third season...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Up to episode 6 now and things are definitely getting more interesting.
John Leguizamo and Andrea Riseborough's characters have given the show a much needed jolt. Still not sure what they're doing with Danny2 though. I wish we knew more about who he really is and what he wants.

Up to episode 6 now and things are definitely getting more interesting.
John Leguizamo and Andrea Riseborough's characters have given the show a much needed jolt. Still not sure what they're doing with Danny2 though. I wish we knew more about who he really is and what he wants.

He becomes more of a character late in the game.

Pity the show is over, as the cliffhanger is goddamn insane and leaves season three open for all sorts of hijinks. It closes the arc of season 1 while still keeping the premise of the show intact.

Dysun

Marathoned the season over the weekend. Really good follow up to Season 1, it took some time to warm up to the new characters but by the end I really liked Nolan and what he brought to the family dynamic.

full spoilers
Kevin continues to be a piece of shit. Really thought John was going to kill Eric at the end, surprised it didn't happen that way.
John Leguizamo was a waste though, hopefully they find something more interesting for him next year with the bank roller

-Stranger-

Up to episode 4 now and i'm really enjoying it.
Miss Danny as Ben Mendolsohn is a great actor and was good with Kyle Chandler.

Has it been renewed for Season 3?

Blader

Up to episode 4 now and i'm really enjoying it.
Miss Danny as Ben Mendolsohn is a great actor and was good with Kyle Chandler.

Has it been renewed for Season 3?

Not yet. There was talk about the show's future being uncertain since apparently the tax credits for shooting in Florida are expiring.

Alpende

I've watched episode 3 yesterday and it seems way slower than season 1. Now, things might start getting interesting / faster paced though.

The whole Rayburn family is messed up.

I disagree with the notion of season one being much better. I think the pacing is a lot better this time around. The big problem with the first season is teasing the obvious in a painstaking slow process where everyone is stupid and not seeing things happening in front of their eyes.

Cant say I am fan of the flashbacks with Danny. I think they need to let some of it go and move on with the plot. It is slow but at least they seem to get somewhere compared to season 1.

Danny was the highlight of season 1 but this gives the other characters room to show more themselves.

It is still a C tier show but it is getting a bit interesting than I thought it would be (ending with that cliff hanger last season).

The whole Rayburn family is messed up.

I think that is what makes this show; looking at the dark side of families and to what extend they would go to protect their false image. That is what drew me into the series with how they treated Danny while avoiding confronting the past.
It is interesting to see this season how more messed up and crazy the family gets to protect their bubble.

I am only half ways but I hope it only gets better.

I'm four episodes in and enjoying it as much as S1. There seems to be more forward momentum than the first season, not that I mind the slow burn. I like the show's atmosphere enough and it's so fantastically acted across the board that I don't mind just soaking it all in.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Yes time to binge watch .

Convinced my wife to start on series one. I don't mind watching again. Spot the things I missed before.

jelly

Took a while to get into the second season but enjoyed it.

Would have liked to see a less wait for season 3 ending, the shit has hit the fan though. Not sure why Meg put herself right in it by naming the boyfriend, wasn't going anywhere without that. Is the guy fronting Kevin's yard and the campaign basically a criminal and using the boats for drugs?

Just me or the actor who plays John Rayburn could totally be a young detective Columbo?

I restarted my Netflix account after nearly a year as it has collected a bunch of shows of interest again. First thing I started up is this, Bloodline Season 2.

Just on second episode, but enjoying so far. Encountered one of those serious but pathetically funny moments thanks to Kevin. Talking to serious real estate investor:

"So, can you tell me how you've budgeted for your holding costs? [long confused pause] "Uhmmm...my what?". All in the delivery lol.

Draconian

I restarted my Netflix account after nearly a year as it has collected a bunch of shows of interest again. First thing I started up is this, Bloodline Season 2.

Just on second episode, but enjoying so far. Encountered one of those serious but pathetically funny moments thanks to Kevin. Talking to serious real estate investor:

"So, can you tell me how you've budgeted for your holding costs? [long confused pause] "Uhmmm...my what?". All in the delivery lol.

lol so good. He's crashing and burning hard, and it's been fun to watch.

Took a while to get into the second season but enjoyed it.

Would have liked to see a less wait for season 3 ending, the shit has hit the fan though. Not sure why Meg put herself right in it by naming the boyfriend, wasn't going anywhere without that. Is the guy fronting Kevin's yard and the campaign basically a criminal and using the boats for drugs?

Just me or the actor who plays John Rayburn could totally be a young detective Columbo?

Yup. Roy Gilbert is the Big Bad for a hypothetical S3.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wait. Wait wait wait. I thought Season 2 was 13 episodes. I was so sure of it! Damn. I wasn't ready for episode 10 to be the last one - just as things were really heating up too! I was thinking all throughout the episode "Whoa, this seems like it could be the finale! I can't believe there are 3 more episodes left..." and then lo and behold. :/

Ah well, it was a compelling way to end the season, even though
it was a bit of a repeat of the season 1 finale, with one of the Rayburn siblings murdering someone to protect themselves/the family and another leaving town to get away from it all.

Also, after being initially skeptical of Danny's son, I ended up really liking him as a character.
They did a good job (almost exclusively in the last two-ish episodes) of fleshing him out and making him feel like more than just Danny2. Too bad we'll have to wait for season 3 to see him maybe be more of an active participant in the story.

Speaking of Danny,
I'm surprised they didn't do more with him this season. After they announced that Ben Mendelsohn would be returning as a regular, I thought for sure he'd play a larger role than what he ended up getting.

JonnyKong

Can somebody kindly let me know what the
recorded voice message Lowry (sp?)
had of John right at the end of ep 1. My volume was on low at the time so I couldn't hear it.

Draconian

Can somebody kindly let me know what the
recorded voice message Lowry (sp?)
had of John right at the end of ep 1. My volume was on low at the time so I couldn't hear it.

It's basically Danny saying that John, Meg, and Kevin moved the drugs from the inn to his place in Miami.

-Stranger-

I need news of season 3 now lol
Just finished the finale

Kevin is a bigger fuckup than Danny ever was, killing a cop not even Danny would have done that.

-Stranger-

The cliffhanger seems to take care of that lol

You mean you think it means there will be a season 3?
Would be a shitty way to end the series if it does end up canned.

I read that the actress who plays Eve has been contracted for a another season...

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Even if the expired tax credits ended up spelling doom for the series' future, I seriously doubt Netflix would cancel Bloodline(s) before giving it a proper ending. Producing completed works is their model.

Draconian

I liked a lot about this season, but the Ozzy character is annoying and has no redeeming qualities at all. I started sighing everytime he showed up by the end of it. At least Eric's character moved beyond "wow, this dude is a piece of crap." Ozzy never did.

RedAssedApe

Banned
These characters make me so mad.
KEVIN
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
dad of girl who knifes lowry
WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

Even John I should be pissed off at but I give him the pass b/c I forever see him as good guy coach Taylor from FNL. The only reason I want them to get away with it. Otherwise the rest of the rayburns can burn in hell lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Netflix will end the series. It was critically acclaimed at least for season 1 and they want to build a catalog of shows that people can binge.

Theorry

Uch i hate the ending of episode 3. Really hate that in series. Not sure if i want to watch it any further because of that.

RedAssedApe

Banned
thought meg
was gonna sleep with the old dude...
lol turns out it was a different kind of dirty he wanted to have her do to get his support

RedAssedApe

Banned
Marcos acting is annoying me. Dude just has this shit eating grin on his face the whole time when he's interrogating someone.

So I finished season 2 yesterday. Not bad, quite enjoyable. Really unfortunate though that this has an open ending. I don't know if they can continue on like this. Right now I say I think they should have kept it 13 episodes and not 10 and just finish things, wrap it up. How long is this going to stay interesting? It's not like we've have incredibly big reveals in the second season anyway. It feels like they are going to milk this, very unnecessary.

And is it just me or was it quite
fucked up of Meg and Kevin to basically just tell John it's his problem and that they didn't do anything? Man... family....

RedAssedApe

Banned
So I finished season 2 yesterday. Not bad, quite enjoyable. Really unfortunate though that this has an open ending. I don't know if they can continue on like this. Right now I say I think they should have kept it 13 episodes and not 10 and just finish things, wrap it up. How long is this going to stay interesting? It's not like we've have incredibly big reveals in the second season anyway. It feels like they are going to milk this, very unnecessary.

And is it just me or was it quite
fucked up of Meg and Kevin to basically just tell John it's his problem and that they didn't do anything? Man... family....

are we really surprised that
kevin cracked though
lol?
guessing he'll need to call john

what do you think meg does at the end of the episode?
my guess its misdirection making us think she's going to out john but she instead tells sally about how she borrowed money from gilbert to pay off ozzy (since he threatened her) needs something to fuel more s3 drama with eve and nolan

only thing left to sort of explore is gilbert and his relationship with the rayburns.
seems like he's probably the big bad that was working with/killed lowry. and to tie it all together he'll probably be the one who danny owed restaurant money to :p

also...where'd lenny potts go?
did he really leave town just b/c john told him to?
heh

Finished it yesterday. I liked this season at least as much as the first. Generally has the same feeling of slow-burn entertaining dread, nicely filmed in a quasi-exotic locale with great acting all-around. New additions to the cast were overall solid, most surprisingly Danny's son as the season progressed.

Would like to see another season.

Solo

5 episodes in so far and I'm enjoying it more than S1. I loved S1, and I like a slow burn, but S1 had almost glacial pacing at times. S2 is moving at a much brisker pace and I'm really liking that.

Just finished it. Disappointed with the cliff hanger but I enjoyed it overall. Hoping for a third season.

I feel the same way about the Rayburns as I do about the Underwoods. Can't wait to see them crash and burn.

Krakn3Dfx

We finished the second season last night, not realizing they were only 10 episodes. Holy shit at that ending.

I think the reason I'm so pulled into the show is that my family on my mom's side is a lot like the Rayburn's from a personality standpoint and how they interact or turn on each other.

Actually, my mom is for all intent Danny, drug/alcohol addict that almost everyone else in the family dislikes because she has never amounted to anything.

I just realized that while I was typing this. Holy shit. I gotta go get some air.

andycapps

Awesome show, the lack of attention that this show gets still blows my mind. Only page after this many weeks.

Really curious where they take season 3 because end of season 2 is when things got real.

Also, it's become more and more obvious that the Rayburns as a whole really are all awful people and that Danny may have been the most honest and good of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom