• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I havent touched the game since my initial play through.

I was hoping something like this would happen and it has. Glorious. Can't wait.

HOLD IT!!!

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

The Wii U version is retail, and the PS360 versions are DLC right for the original? Only the Wii U and PC versions (confirmed to be separate) are on GameFly, but all versions are on Amazon.

I wonder because that right away would explain the price difference; Wii U have the complete package in one, hence $50, but to get the PS360 versions, you need the original game, hence the $30.

The absence of the PS360 versions on GameFly are puzzling, as I recall them being there months ago. Maybe at the last minute they made the PS360 versions $30 upgrades only?

Clarity would be welcome.

AND, Straight Right never made any mention of being behind the non-Wii U versions (not that I know of), I would assume Eidos are taking the upgrades into the other versions themselves.

Edit: The Release Date trailer shows the boxes of the PS360 versions, so why the absence from GameFly if retail versions exist?

CHC

Going to pick up on PC, great game. Very excited to see what the visual upgrades are specifically.... Game had great art direction covered up by a horrid yellow haze and bad anti aliasing solutions. Looking forward to this one, and excellent augmented Reggie in the OP, so good.

sueil

I suppose I can't use Vita with my PC version? Is there iPad support?

Seems lame you still need to kill the Bosses. Just having a stealth or hacking option but still making it kill them is disappointing.

Gonna get my $5 upgrade on, it'll be a good excuse for a third complete playthrough.

As lame as it sounds of me, I'm excited to see if they're going to properly implement the original preorder weapon packs this time, since they're said to be included. I don't like the sense of cheating that loading me up with them on the flight to the first mission gives.

neoism

MEH
I got 85 hours in two play-throughs got the dlc paid full and looooved it it seems like the new game plus is really the only thing worth anything but I already beat it on the hardest difficulty...never had one problem with any boss battles.. they where all easy. Even though its only $5 it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.. I fucking love this game was my first Deus Ex game to boot but this should be free for people that bought the game and dlc at launch....
no buy I got my moneys worth and loved every minute of it...

sueil

I hated how you couldn't get the weapons any other way. If you ran out of space and had to drop one it was gone for good.

Cystm

I suppose I can't use Vita with my PC version? Is there iPad support?

Seems lame you still need to kill the Bosses. Just having a stealth or hacking option but still making it kill them is disappointing.

They have released zero details on how the vita, smart glass and everything else other than the Wii U gamepad are going to be implemented. Everything on the official sites is all about the Wii U. I would hope they would release those details before the game ships.

I hated how you couldn't get the weapons any other way. If you ran out of space and had to drop one it was gone for good.

The weapons would always stay where you dropped them, so you can always go back and pick them up until you leave that hub/area. They would even still be there in Detroit/Hengsha when you come back to those areas later in the game. My advice is that if you're running out of room, drop the weapon somewhere you will remember in one of the hubs, so you can pick it up later if you want.

Trying to decide what kind of playthrough I want to do. I have over 100 hours in the game already, and have played it pretty much every way possible. (Including a punches only run, that made it as far as Hengsha, and a no-deaths run that made it most of the way through Detroit).

Stealth is great, but I tend to get a bit bored of it on subsequent playthroughs of a game. Might go completely guns blazing this time.

Glad for NG+ as well. There's a stack of augs that I never really get around to using much, since I don't get them until the end of the game.

Couple of months ago I was itching to replay it, couldn't have come at a better time and that price is pretty damn good if you own it already.

nynt9

I remember seeing some stuff alluding to some cut content being included in this edition. Is that true? Will there be any new content other than the DLC and boss fights? If so, what?

I remember seeing some stuff alluding to some cut content being included in this edition. Is that true? Will there be any new content other than the DLC and boss fights? If so, what?

There's not any extra content (besides dev commentary) that I've heard of. Would be cool if there is, though.

Still bullshit us day-one console true believers can't get an option for an upgrade. Can't justify buying this again for what's offered :(

I wish they had rebalanced the XP system and added more skills.

I'm not sure if I like them adding the ability to charge 2 bars instead of 1. Then again I guess it's better than knocking an enemy out and waiting for the bar to charge every time.

It'd have been better if this game had melee weapons like the first, the 3rd person "cinematic" takedowns got old really fast.

Cystm

This is coming out for the Vita too?
Excited to go back to Detroit again.

They haven't really specified details yet, but I am thinking the PS3 version is going to allow you to use the Vita in the same fashion as the Wii U gamepad. Same for Ipad and Smart Glass, I reckon.

If I bought DC on Steam, will my save still be useable or do I have to start a new game?

Not sure on this.

Altazor

Can't wait to get this. DXHR quickly became one of my favorite games ever and I think the Director's Cut additions are worth the price of upgrade. Double-dipping with no shame :)

I never asked for this, but I'm glad Squeenix and Eidos Montreal gave it anyway.

Alastor

If this is also an engine upgrade, the gold filter removal for the base game probably won't work here... Hopefully we'll get an updated version.

jaz013

Banned
Pre-ordered and waiting for it on Next-Gen (yes, I say it, deal with it). Maybe I'll post some of the ugliest parts I can find, just for giggles.

I also have the standard game on Steam.... uninstalled.

Just for giggles.

If this is also an engine upgrade, the gold filter removal for the base game probably won't work here... Hopefully we'll get an updated version.

I was never able to get that to work without huge amounts of lag...was there a version that didn't have big performance problems?

Derrick01

Banned
Getting it for the Valve-like dev commentary. Day one for me, I loved the way Valve handled it in HL2 and Episodes 1&2.

I hope in the commentary they explain why they thought it was a good idea to let you have 85% of the abilities by the 70% mark of the game, thus ruining any kind of real choice like you had in the original game.

Card Boy

Banned
$50? Fuck you SE.

bth_simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
I hope in the commentary they explain why they thought it was a good idea to let you have 85% of the abilities by the 70% mark of the game, thus ruining any kind of real choice like you had in the original game.

Seems like an extremely reasonable expectation, Derrick.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

In some ways though maybe that let the game have a more consistent level of difficulty. I only played the original once but I distinctly remember it being either too easy or a bit too hard. One moment I would be killing everything with the dragon sword and rocket launcher and the next I would be in an area with tons of mechs and turrets and soldiers where I would awkwardly run through it getting hit trying to just make it to the exit. I dunno. Did you play Missing Link? You lose all your augs so you definitely had to decide there. And that was definitely tough in some areas even as you got more augs and closer to the ending.

At any rate I think we can all agree that Final Fantasy XIII's Crystarium should have served as the basis for character growth in Human Revolution.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Will buy, replayed, and enjoy at $5.

Top Bottom