• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC |OT| Electronic old men running the world. A new age.

Oh no, my username has become shockingly relevant all of a sudden...

Regardless, I already own The Missing Link, so this should definitely be worth the $5 and another playthrough, I enjoyed it when it came out but haven't got round to replaying it.

WARNING, WARNING! OLD MEN!

HOLD IT!!!

Let me see if I understand this correctly:

The Wii U version is retail, and the PS360 versions are DLC right for the original? Only the Wii U and PC versions (confirmed to be separate) are on GameFly, but all versions are on Amazon.

I wonder because that right away would explain the price difference; Wii U have the complete package in one, hence $50, but to get the PS360 versions, you need the original game, hence the $30.

The absence of the PS360 versions on GameFly are puzzling, as I recall them being there months ago. Maybe at the last minute they made the PS360 versions $30 upgrades only?

Clarity would be welcome.

AND, Straight Right never made any mention of being behind the non-Wii U versions (not that I know of), I would assume Eidos are taking the upgrades into the other versions themselves.

Edit: The Release Date trailer shows the boxes of the PS360 versions, so why the absence from GameFly if retail versions exist?

No, DLC's even cheaper for PS360.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
That picture of Reggie really ties the whole thread together.

I guess I'll be replaying the whole game after I finish replaying Fallout: New Vegas whole game.

Tom_Cody

To those who have played this, can you give me any advice on which play-style to choose when given the option at the start of the game?

I tried to play this a few months ago and, being a MGS fan, I choose stealth but I hated that and stopped playing after a few hours. It was just taking too long to progress through the game.

It's always annoying when games force you to make blind decisions before you can fully understand the consequences.

Porcile

I've got this pre-ordered and obviously looking forward to it, but does the game always have that sickly yellow hue?

-MD-

I've had this and the dlc in my steam list forever, definitely gonna snag this for the $5 and finally play it.

Maybe they'll also bring in Spector/Smith to explain why in the original they thought it was a good idea to let you have the Dragon's Tooth Sword by the 50% mark of the game, thus ruining any kind of difficulty.

No shut up the original is perfect lalalalalalalalalala

masud

Banned
I would totally rebuy this for the Wii U to check out the gamepad stuff and the dlc which I skipped on Steam. Too bad it's 50$.

I'm glad I never played much of the original now. I will definitely be dropping another $5 to upgrade the PC version. One thing I'm confused about: I see iPad support for the Wii-U second screen stuff, will there also be an iPhone version of that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I would totally rebuy this for the Wii U to check out the gamepad stuff and the dlc which I skipped on Steam. Too bad it's 50$.

You'll be able to pick up a Steam copy for $5 if Squeenix forgets to disable gifting!

AJ_Wings

LOL at Augmented Reggie.

Looking forward to the next playthrough and dev commentary. Been waiting for this for a long time.

merrick97

Banned
I will certainly pick this up, but I want to make damn sure it will allow you to earn a separate 1000GS or platinum trophy.
Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year edition on xbox 360 allowed you to earn two separate 1000 GS, but the PS3 version did not allow a second platinum.

Yes, I am a achievement/trophy whore, but this game was one of the funnest games to earn a platinum.

merrick97

Banned
I am also curious how they are going to implement Missing Link into the main game. Will you be able to keep your augmentations this time or will you be forced to lose them?

Id imagine the latter is more likely.

masud

Banned
Are things like smart vision gonna be available for the Ipad/vita? Cause Ubisoft hasn't really made that clear.

milena87

I'll get this for 5$, as I was looking forward to a new playthrough on PC (played it twice on Xbox before) and waited for news about this DC before starting again.

I'll just need to search for graphic mods as well.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Will grab it on Steam. Really excited for another playthrough. I was so excited to get it on WiiU when they announced it but the price is just way too high.

Derrick01

Banned
Maybe they'll also bring in Spector/Smith to explain why in the original they thought it was a good idea to let you have the Dragon's Tooth Sword by the 50% mark of the game, thus ruining any kind of difficulty.

To keep with the theme of the original game: You chose to use that.

RS4-

Ugh, damn game has been sitting in my steam inventory for over a year now. I don't remember how far I got when I played it on 360.

Sitting on the fence on whether or not I should spring for this.

Lunaniem

I will certainly pick this up, but I want to make damn sure it will allow you to earn a separate 1000GS or platinum trophy.
Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year edition on xbox 360 allowed you to earn two separate 1000 GS, but the PS3 version did not allow a second platinum.

Yes, I am a achievement/trophy whore, but this game was one of the funnest games to earn a platinum.

http://www.exophase.com/game/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-ps3/trophies/

Separate list is out for PS3, 360 will most likely have one too.

despire

Going to get this at some point but I guess I'm waiting for a possible announcement of a next gen port. If it doesn't come, then I'll get the PS3 version.

Tom_Cody

To those who have played this, can you give me any advice on which play-style to choose when given the option at the start of the game?

I tried to play this a few months ago and, being a MGS fan, I choose stealth but I hated that and stopped playing after a few hours. It was just taking too long to progress through the game.

It's always annoying when games force you to make blind decisions before you can fully understand the consequences.
Anyone?

I don't know if this is a stupid question but I would definitely at least be interested to know which play styles people have used when playing through the game.

Anyone?

I don't know if this is a stupid question but I would definitely at least be interested to know which play styles people have used when playing through the game.
By playstyle choice at the start of the game, do you mean the weapon choice that Sarif gives you? If you didn't like what you tried with the tranq rifle then it seems like an easy choice, the game's all about going through it your own way. If you're not finding one method all that fun, just opt out of that and go for another on the fly.

To keep with the theme of the original game: You chose to use that.

Just like you chose to activate 85% of the abilities 70% of the way through the game.

(Not saying it was a good design decision, but both games have some pretty obvious balancing issues.)

Anyone?

It's really up to you, and what you enjoy from the game. If you didn't enjoy stealth, why not try a non-stealth build, or perhaps a stealth/tank hybrid?

Tom_Cody

By playstyle choice at the start of the game, do you mean the weapon choice that Sarif gives you? If you didn't like what you tried with the tranq rifle then it seems like an easy choice, the game's all about going through it your own way. If you're not finding one method all that fun, just opt out of that and go for another on the fly.

It's really up to you, and what you enjoy from the game. If you didn't enjoy stealth, why not try a non-stealth build, or perhaps a stealth/tank hybrid?
Hmm. Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly. From what I remember, prior to the first real mission you are asked a number of questions which have an effect on the game's difficulty and your equipment. Something like: "what type of play style do you prefer, close-range or frontal assault" and "would you prefer lethal or non-lethal" and also "would you prefer for the game to me harder or do you more just want to enjoy the story". Something like that. If I'm recalling that correctly, I choose that I wanted to play with non-lethal close-range stealth and the harder difficulty level. I was given a stun gun and I spent the next couple hours trying work my way through the first area using trial and error to clear each room without getting spotted. It was taking forever to advance so I stopped playing with a general plan to revisit the game later.

Hmm. Maybe I'm not remembering this correctly. From what I remember, prior to the first real mission you are asked a number of questions which have an effect on the game's difficulty and your equipment. Something like: "what type of play style do you prefer, close-range or frontal assault" and "would you prefer lethal or non-lethal" and also "would you prefer for the game to me harder or do you more just want to enjoy the story". Something like that. If I'm recalling that correctly, I choose that I wanted to play with non-lethal close-range stealth and the harder difficulty level. I was given a stun gun and I spent the next couple hours trying work my way through the first area using trial and error to clear each room without getting spotted. It was taking forever to advance so I stopped playing with a general plan to revisit the game later.

That's just the first area. You're really not locked into a playstyle depending on what weapon you choose there. All that choice really does is give you a starting weapon -- even in the first level there are enough other types of weapons that you could switch things up with before even getting to the first hub (where pretty much any option will be open to you). Also, the difficulty can be changed at any time.

Later in the game it would be harder to change playstyles because of your choice of augmentations, but that early in the game it's not a big deal to try something else.

Annubis

That was my main problem too. If you go around and put everyone to sleep... every mission takes forever.

At one point I snapped and just started gunning everyone. It's weirdly easy to just run and gun everything. I'm thinking of upgrading and playing on "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty. I'm hoping that discourages me from gunning.

Nakayumi

Already own the game and DLC, so for €3,99 I'm ready to dive in again on PC, collect those last achievements, get trading cards and enjoy one of my favorite games of 2011 one more time.

Derrick01

Banned
Just like you chose to activate 85% of the abilities 70% of the way through the game.

(Not saying it was a good design decision, but both games have some pretty obvious balancing issues.)

It's a lot easier to choose to avoid using a weapon than it is to avoid buying certain abilities that the game's level design is built around, and because you power up so easily and they return you to each location several times you almost have to purposely choose to leave things behind or certain "hidden" areas uncovered. The game doesn't force an actual choice on you at all.

The former are what Sarif asks you prior to the mission, all it is is a weapon choice and nothing of long reaching significance; it's just your starting weapon. The latter is part of the difficulty select descriptions before you start the game at all.

That was my main problem too. If you go around and put everyone to sleep... every mission takes forever.

At one point I snapped and just started gunning everyone. It's weirdly easy to just run and gun everything. I'm thinking of upgrading and playing on "Give Me Deus Ex" difficulty. I'm hoping that discourages me from gunning.

That's pretty much any game with a stealth option, really. Stealth always takes longer. =) And Deus Ex is such a big game, that it can take a LONG time to beat with that playstyle.

Also, yeah, you go down really fast on Give Me Deus Ex, so that should make a non-stealthy playthrough much more challenging.

Top Bottom