• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection releasing on June 6

Seventy70

I wonder what the quality of the classic cardboard sleeve is like. If it's just going to be a thin, flimsy thing, then I could pass.

ShopTo is out of stock nooooooooooo

If anyone knows a good website to import the steelbook and sleeve, let me know.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Just went on ShopTo and the steelbook + sleeve had changed to 'buy' instead of 'notify me'. Pressed the button and got a warning saying they're not taking any pre-orders. Refreshed the page and it worked.

Keep trying!

Coxy100

Banned
I wonder what the quality of the classic cardboard sleeve is like. If it's just going to be a thin, flimsy thing, then I could pass.

ShopTo is out of stock nooooooooooo

If anyone knows a good website to import the steelbook and sleeve, let me know.

uh? looks in stock to me?

I've never used shopto before but going to for this - looks great.

xrnzaaas

Damn I want that PS1 styled cardboard. None of the stores in my country are offering it for pre-order (and I'm very opposed to buying from stores in other countries) so I'll have to wait and hope to get lucky for it to show up somewhere. Or will it be available for all copies of the game in the EU??

Seventy70

ShopTo isn't accepting any of my credit cards. As cool as the steelbook and cover are, I think I'll just settle for digital.

Amazon sent me that email too. I bought the bundle and re-checked my order and it seems they added both items separately for the same cost. Not going to bother cancelling. I hope we get the sleeve though.

Same. My guess is they had some people buying the Steelbook case only thinking it included a game disc. Not going to bother cancelling my bundle either.

Honestly, even if all they had done was remaster 2097/XL, I'd be way more excited for it than with what we're getting. If that's an official Sony photo, they're really rubbing salt in the wound that XL is not part of the so-called Omega Collection. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely getting it, but I can't help but feel a bit bitter about the lack of the title which made Wipeout what it is.

I feel you, though I think it would have been a pretty massive undertaking to remake 2097 versus simply remastering HD/2048, which fidelty-wise are way closer to what's expected out of a modern release.

I feel you, though I think it would have been a pretty massive undertaking to remake 2097 versus simply remastering HD/2048, which fidelty-wise are way closer to what's expected out of a modern release.

It's much more likely that they'd do 2097 ships and tracks as Omega Collection DLC (using HD Fury engine) than a complete remake, at this point.

I'd buy that shit pronto, by the way. Would love to fly down Phenitia Park again.

It's much more likely that they'd do 2097 ships and tracks as Omega Collection DLC (using HD Fury engine) than a complete remake, at this point.

I'd buy that shit pronto, by the way. Would love to fly down Phenitia Park again.

I'd buy that as well. Though there was also something about the movement and collision in 2097/XL which they changed in HD.

Though there was also something about the movement and collision in 2097/XL which they changed in HD.

From what I read about it some time ago, the older games used a pretty simple model for motion, anti-gravity etc (basically, hookean linear-elastic deformation), while the newer ones seem to take many more things into account, like mass, inertia etc.

It does feel different and less... obvious, in way.

I'd think it would be more of an undertaking remaking any PS1 era tracks, even the PSP one's (some of which are obviously in this Collection), because it would require a full on remake instead. Maybe somewhere down the track, but I don't see it happening for this game unfortunately.

I'd think it would be more of an undertaking remaking any PS1 era tracks, even the PSP one's (some of which are obviously in this Collection), because it would require a full on remake instead. Maybe somewhere down the track, but I don't see it happening for this game unfortunately.
Nah, just port the PS1/PSP tracks in exactly as low poly and low texture texture as they are and just put the modern looking vehicles on it.

I'd love that!

angelic

Banned
Just in case people dont know, the GAME exclusive tin will probably be like the Bioshock pack tin, ie: not a real game box, just a commissioned tin that comes separate (but can hold 1 disc) and not a true limited edition version of the game.

tldr, they just send you an extra tin for being daft enough to pre order at full price, its not a real special edition.

Nah, just port the PS1/PSP tracks in exactly as low poly and low texture texture as they are and just put the modern looking vehicles on it.

I'd love that!

I'd love that too, would be really endearing. Kind of like how the new Wolfenstein and DOOM games have their retro levels :) Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be as simple as drag-n-drop'ing the tracks; there's probably a bunch of physics problems etc. Plus to the average gamer, they mightn't be as impressed with the low-poly aesthetic.

Just in case people dont know, the GAME exclusive tin will probably be like the Bioshock pack tin, ie: not a real game box, just a commissioned tin that comes separate (but can hold 1 disc) and not a true limited edition version of the game.

tldr, they just send you an extra tin for being daft enough to pre order at full price, its not a real special edition.

Not entirely sure what you mean; while you're right in that it isn't a different edition of the game per se, it is an official, quality, 'SteelBook®' as far as we know...

angelic

Banned
I'd love that too, would be really endearing. Kind of like how the new Wolfenstein and DOOM games have their retro levels :) Unfortunately, I don't think it'd be as simple as drag-n-drop'ing the tracks; there's probably a bunch of physics problems etc. Plus to the average gamer, they mightn't be as impressed with the low-poly aesthetic.

Not entirely sure what you mean; while you're right in that it isn't a different edition of the game per se, it is an official, quality, 'SteelBook®' as far as we know...

I mean you will get the standard wipeout game in the standard box, and you will also get a steel tin which is entirely separate. It's not a steelbook edition, it's a bonus, separate, tin.

Its a crap trinket to get you to pay full price, not a collectors edition version of the game.

Reading this thread it's confusing what you get with the physical edition. From what I gather the US edition is a standard PS4 case and artwork. Might just buy digital and get some themes. It's the kind of game I'm always going to want to play so digital is probably a good idea. Just not sure what bonuses come with which edition.

More and more I regret my digital pre-order.

We don't even get the theme until launch, there's no reason to charge immediately.

Yeah it's an awful policy

kubus

Ugh, ShopTo won't let me complete my account because it doesn't accept my creditcard :/. Is Base the only other shop offering the classic sleeve?

angelic

Banned
Looking at shopto selling the steelbook, it might come in the box...I just dont trust GAME after their shitty tin for bioshock collection.

I mean you will get the standard wipeout game in the standard box, and you will also get a steel tin which is entirely separate. It's not a steelbook edition, it's a bonus, separate, tin.

Its a crap trinket to get you to pay full price, not a collectors edition version of the game.

Uhh, okay, you seem to have a somewhat bizarre bone to pick here that I'm not entirely grasping. Most games have a steelbook 'edition', the difference here is that you aren't paying extra to get it, you're just pre-ordering. It isn't like this is a full priced game anyway, so I don't see why you're so upset. It's pretty reasonably priced and comes with a fantastic bunch of extras. I'd agree if it was something tacky, but a steelbook is great because you're already getting the disc, but now just in a better, sleaker casing.

angelic

Banned
Uhh, okay, you seem to have a somewhat bizarre bone to pick here that I'm not entirely grasping. Most games have a steelbook 'edition', the difference here is that you aren't paying extra to get it, you're just pre-ordering. It isn't like this is a full priced game anyway, so I don't see why you're so upset. It's pretty reasonably priced and comes with a fantastic bunch of extras. I'd agree if it was something tacky, but a steelbook is great because you're already getting the disc, but now just in a better, sleaker casing.

it looks like you dont comprehend what im saying.

The Bioshock collection came with a tin. Not in a tin, with a tin, which was even shipped separately. It's possible this will be the same. I'm just giving the information, hopefully its a real steelbook, but it may not be. Honestly, being sarcastic yet you didnt understand yourself.

dracula_x

found some old videos related to WipEout 2048 on PlayStation Access channel:

also, fan project "WipEout Deceit" → http://wofuture.tumblr.com/

DAYJ6caXUAIlFLN.jpg
DAYJ6gAXgAAadIq.jpg

found some old videos related to WipEout 2048 on PlayStation Access channel:

Watched these the other day actually, they're pretty cool. I'd imagine creating a cinematic using this kind of film tech wouldn't break the bank, so it'd be cool to see more at some point. And yeah I posted about the fan project Deceit a few pages ago I think, still blown away by the amount of passion that clearly went into it.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wipeout HD was my first game outside of the bundle that I bought on PS3.

Now I have already bought 12 games for my new PS4 this month but this is totally getting bought. Looks as amazing as it shpuld do and I can't wait to play it.

Oh shit that's awesome! I was just saying (above I think) that they should do more live-action style promos. Amazing ad! Reminds me of the one they did for Fusion which I have framed (despite Fusion being meh):

No sign of the dynamic theme on the Australian PSN store.

Can anyone confirm if it's included with pre-orders?

It is; we just get it when it is released, not before. Same thing happened with the dynamic theme for LocoRoco Remastered :)

Also if anyone didn't see in the other thread, they're unveiling the new soundtrack on Wednesday:

DAbKED-WsAAq-qm.jpg

^ and now without any compression

The ':eek:rig' means you can't easily 'Set as wallpaper' :/ EDIT: Never-mind, I just removed the extension when I downloaded it. Thanks!

Also, what are two yellow, flying bots in the sky above? Are they meant to be the bots that retrieve your craft after it leaves the track? :p

Shaneus

The ':eek:rig' means you can't easily 'Set as wallpaper' :/ EDIT: Never-mind, I just removed the extension when I downloaded it. Thanks!

Also, what are two yellow, flying bots in the sky above? Are they meant to be the bots that retrieve your craft after it leaves the track? :p
I think they're just birds, because in the future there are robotic birds?

I think they're just birds, because in the future there are robotic birds?

Uh-huh. I mean, they kinda look like one of the types of ships from No Man's Sky. Maybe they're meant to be in-universe commercial vehicles? But there's too few of them to suggest it's any kind of traffic airspace? Idk lol it just looks really weird to me.

Unknown?

Just preordered and pretty stoked. 2048 in 4K will be amazing! Best WipEout ever. And super cheap on Amazon. It's $36 now with 20% prime discount.

Unknown?

Any footage or info about the menu? Do you select between each game or is it all mashed up into one?

A shame Liverpool didn't do more with this franchise. One game on PS2 and a remake of portables on PS3, no proper installment even. I can settle for this though. Hope it does well enough to green light an original game.

Any footage or info about the menu? Do you select between each game or is it all mashed up into one?

A shame Liverpool didn't do more with this franchise. One game on PS2 and a remake of portables on PS3, no proper installment even. I can settle for this though. Hope it does well enough to green light an original game.
It's separate games selected from a menu, apparently

Top Bottom