• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The McElroy Brothers |OT| The funniest family on the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolluck

I love The McElroys! Well, I love Griffin and Justin. I like their dad. Travis is usually just there for me.

Been on the MBMBAM train since around episode 26. It really helped me during my Sophomore year of college. I remember listening to episodes of that while discovering Minecraft since I plunked down the cash for it after Seananners did his Minecraft videos. It was great.

Bowlie

Banned
Damn, finally someone created this thread!

I didn't see in the OT (maybe you could add it, Jon?), but Griffin is also doing a weekly podcast with Nick Robinson from Polygon where they pick a stupid, one-line game pitch and turn into a full-fledged idea; it's called CoolGames Inc, and it's been really fun.

z9rwg.gif

tumblr_o2mfe3ieJd1qku8jro2_400.gif

I'm apparently not that good of a MBMBaM fan. What am I looking at?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For anyone who didn't research Travis's cinema fever dream and the internet-at-large's photoshopped hoaxing supporting his fiction,

And the amazing Dewie one,

I lost it last night at "Now it's time for this quick brown fox to jump into my lazy mouth."

There's a number of Griffin/Justin video game quicklooks (polygon call them 'overviews') that I suspect go under the radar for a lot of fans. At some point, Justin tried to maintain a playlist on his YT (his YT channel notably also being the home of his seminal HIT youtube saga, Things I Bought At Sheetz).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfH4HJ9AAqVTawGv6LUkEf_hBTcvOLhKi

A handful of the quicklooks are fairly professional, standard vg press stuff, but then a lot of them are glorious comedy routines.

Personal highlights, I'd recommend Catlateral Damage, Titan Souls, the two Rust videos and Tabletop Simulator.

What's the background to this? Specifically which episode kicked it off

Zomba13

So I watched all those monster factory videos over the weekend and can't remember the last time I laughed so much. The entire Final Pam saga was great.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Nice thread! I'd been thinking about making a general Maximum Fun OT, but this'll do just fine. I'm loving CoolGames Inc. It's fantastic.

Also worth noting that Lin Manuel Miranda uses his celebrity pull to get videos of celebrities telling Griffin greatjob.

Including Carly Rae Jepsen.

jmood88

One thing I always appreciate about their podcasts is how good the sound quality is. I listen to some other podcasts where the hosts talk over Skype and they all sound horrible. I would have no idea that Griffin, Travis, and Justin weren't in the same room together just by listening.

Gaston

Oh man there's a whole McElroy OT?! Good to know! I'm currently a little sad because I've been powering through mbmbam and I am almost all the way caught up..

Noaloha

What do we think about the brother's gaming stuff with regards to where to post it? Keep everything neat and tidy in this one thread, or put it in, say, the Monster Factory thread on gaming? Do we discuss Griffin's Goofers here or over there? Where do we paste Monster Factory fan art?

Like, this recent Justin goof. Look at me mum, I'm posting gaming content in Off-Topic! Feels exciting.

rObit

Banned
So Nick Robinson and Justin started a new video feature on Polygon.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/23/11...et-the-islanders-justin-mcelroy-nick-robinson

This was not bad, I have high-hopes for the future of this series now that the setup is out of the way, though I don't really know what there is to do in Tomodachi Life.

While we're on the topic of Nick Robinson x McElroy, just yesterday I was watching the Sonic Dreams Collection that Nick and Griffin did. Boy, that's a trip.

G-Pink

I would love a proper two part audio podcast series where Cool Games Inc. (Griffin and Nick) make a game and then go to Pitch Couch (Dave Lang and Adam Boyes) to pitch it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
ohh, nice! looking forward to this week's CoolGames (and this Adventure Zone that just showed up in my playlist...)

Im new to mbmbam please explain

A few episodes back, as part of their #TwentyFIXteen initiative, the brothers invented a new type of carhorn, to be used when someone does something nice on the road or near your car.

When pressed, the horn just goes: GREATJOB

Lin Manuel Miranda, the star of the broadway musical those gifs are from, is an old friend of the Brothers. He was a big fan of the #greatjob horn, and has gotten celebrities like the Rock and Carlie Rae Jepsen to say great job to Griffin.

In the gifs, he does a real quick car horn motion during his Grammys performance, as a shout out to the brothers.

georly

A few episodes back, as part of their #TwentyFIXteen initiative, the brothers invented a new type of carhorn, to be used when someone does something nice on the road or near your car.

When pressed, the horn just goes: GREATJOB

Lin Manuel Miranda, the star of the broadway musical those gifs are from, is an old friend of the Brothers. He was a big fan of the #greatjob horn, and has gotten celebrities like the Rock and Carlie Rae Jepsen to say great job to Griffin.

In the gifs, he does a real quick car horn motion during his Grammys performance, as a shout out to the brothers.

oh good god, even if i had listened to that episode i wouldnt have picked up on that.

TraBuch

Banned
Griffin streamed Yakuza 5 last month, is the video available anywhere on the internet or has it just disappeared into the ether?

Noaloha

I think the subsequent Yakuza streams were archived only in the sense that he flicked a switch on his Twitch account. I don't think the site keeps then indefinitely, maybe only for a month?

That first Yakuza stream was fantastic, too. He was a giddy maelstrom of childish enthusiasm about every damn thing happening on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom