• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Yeah planned to go in today. Checked to see if you could pre order online to the store.

Ah, yeah. In my experience they generally don't let you pre-order consoles for in-store pickup via the website. Probably due to them charging a higher amount to place a reserve.

You guys should be aware that the deals at Xmas with standard edition are undoubtedly going to be a better deal, even if is just with a game.

It's pretty much part for the course at this point.

There went many when the Xbox One first launched. At least not a month removed from launch day. People seem to think theres going to be a frenzy on Black Friday with discounts and that's not going to be happening either.

There went many when the Xbox One first launched. At least not a month removed from launch day. People seem to think theres going to be a frenzy on Black Friday with discounts and that's not going to be happening either.

Yeah... Given the "Project Scorpio edition" of the console, I have a feeling they're going to produce just enough of these for the holiday. People seem to forget that some manufacturers just use Black Friday as a chance to buy something that was previously out of stock. You can bet your bottom dollar that Nintendo will do this with the Switch/SNES Classic.

I had $417 in Bitcoin, so I used that to purchase the X. So I went ahead and purchased a second X.....because why not?

Cant forget also ordered the Pig and Creeper controller....again, because why not?

:)

Cant wait to get my hands on these orders.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Looks like Walmart.com in the U.S. sold out. I think Best Buy and Target sites still have some available. Going to guess that the Gamestop.com bundles will be the last things to go. Greedy jerks.

Syrus

Banned
So happy I got mine orderes at gamestop. I hate gamestop but the trade in deal and not having a box on my porch makes it worth it

MaulerX

Sorry if this as already answered.... Are these Scorpio editions numbered? I could have sworn they showed some type of numbers on the console during the stream. Thanks.

FinKL

I had $417 in Bitcoin, so I used that to purchase the X. So I went ahead and purchased a second X.....because why not?

Cant forget also ordered the Pig and Creeper controller....again, because why not?

:)

Cant wait to get my hands on these orders.

Heh, I was SHOCKED you could redeem Bitcoin on Microsoft.com's site.

Kuriyama0

Neo Member
I just released my preorder through Amazon Canada. I panicked and preordered it before going to Eb games just in case I couldn't get a slot. Managed to pay a good chunk of the console off in gift cards from my birthday.

What are the chances Amazon opens it back up for preorders just for the one slot?

Darklor01

The definitive answer is: NO
T YET.

I thought I saw that Gamestop in the U.S. was selling standard editions in addition to the Project Scorpio edition, but I can't check while at work. Blocked behind a firewall for their site.

Everdred

If i buy MS credit/gift cards, will they give me that option as a payment method ? hence, take my money strait away. Thats how it works when i buy games but as anyone tried that getting a console.
I just bought $550 in Microsoft credit from amazon and now it's out of stock.

R.I.P. me.

E92 M3

I just released my preorder through Amazon Canada. I panicked and preordered it before going to Eb games just in case I couldn't get a slot. Managed to pay a good chunk of the console off in gift cards from my birthday.

What are the chances Amazon opens it back up for preorders just for the one slot?

I'm sure you're not the only one doing that so they are just waiting to see how many opened up.

Darklor01

I just bought $550 in credit from amazon and now it's out of stock.

R.I.P. me.

You can buy gift cards on Amazon and use them elsewhere. For example, XBOX Gift Cards..
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ords=xbox+gift+card&rh=i:aps,k:xbox+gift+card

Gamestop:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV9FCFQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Might have some other stores which you can get gift cards for and then use those gift cards from those stores to buy gift cards to the stores you want.

You can also buy Visa/Mastercard style gift cards to use at other stores:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node=2864196011&field-keywords=mastercard
Would need to wait for those to arrive though.

Everdred

You can buy gift cards on Amazon and use them elsewhere. For example, XBOX Gift Cards..
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ords=xbox+gift+card&rh=i:aps,k:xbox+gift+card

Gamestop:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MV9FCFQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Might have some other stores which you can get gift cards for and then use those gift cards from those stores to buy gift cards to the stores you want.

You can also buy Visa/Mastercard style gift cards to use at other stores:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node=2864196011&field-keywords=mastercard
Would need to wait for those to arrive though.
Sorry, I bought Xbox gift cards for use a Microsoft.com

Hawk269

Ah, so they're not selling the stand seperate?
That's lame :/

Not yet. From what the Gamestop manager told me, he said they will also have pre-orders for the standard edition at some point. This was only for the Scorpio edition. It also seems like MS is making this very limited, which is kind of good since in the past the limited editions were readily available months on end after release. Based on how fast some outlets have sold out, that is good thing to make it a more collectible type of thing. I am sure that standard pre-orders will start once the majority of places are out of the SC edition.

Hawk269

I just hope they don't screw 'Scorpio Edition' buyers over by packing in a game with the regular versions at launch.

That would be pretty jacked up...but if they did do that, I would think they would offer whatever pack in to those that have the Scorpio edition. It is not like the launch of the Xbox One S where you were getting a larger HDD and stuff. But then again, that launched at $399.99 w/no pack in and then later in the year the lower end HDD versions did have a pack in.

I just don't see on November 7th people walking out of a store with a Scorpio Edition and no pack in and the guy next to you with a standard version with a pack in at the same price.

Wish me luck, GAF. I slept all day yesterday -- I work nights and I was extremely exhausted as my work week came to an end. Going to GameStop today to see if I can manage an in-store preorder. I'm not expecting to luck out, but here's to hoping. :)

EDIT: they still had preorders available! Success!

Daffy Duck

Wait what??

Very had a discount code for 20% off first credit order so it took the price of the XBX down to £363.

Now, if it gets honoured or not who knows, the value said 20% off stuff and 10% off electricals, but it worked at the checkout and went through as £363.

Darklor01

Wish me luck, GAF. I slept all day yesterday -- I work nights and I was extremely exhausted as my work week came to an end. Going to GameStop today to see if I can manage an in-store preorder. I'm not expecting to luck out, but here's to hoping. :)

Perhaps call the store first to see if they are still available at their location? Either way, good luck.

That would be pretty jacked up...but if they did do that, I would think they would offer whatever pack in to those that have the Scorpio edition. It is not like the launch of the Xbox One S where you were getting a larger HDD and stuff. But then again, that launched at $399.99 w/no pack in and then later in the year the lower end HDD versions did have a pack in.

I just don't see on November 7th people walking out of a store with a Scorpio Edition and no pack in and the guy next to you with a standard version with a pack in at the same price.

It's also worth noting that most retailers would help you out in this scenario. When I bought my second Xbox One at Gamestop, I did so a few days before they started offering free games with the console. I just brought my receipt in and they gave me the free game anyway.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Talked to a friend that works district at GameStop. These are going fast. I highly recommend that if you want to be 100% sure you get one and you want it at retail prices, you get out to a store and pre-order today if you can't find one online somewhere. Two of the three GameStops in my area are already at their allotment and it's not even been a full day.

Ushay

Very had a discount code for 20% off first credit order so it took the price of the XBX down to £363.

Now, if it gets honoured or not who knows, the value said 20% off stuff and 10% off electricals, but it worked at the checkout and went through as £363.

Ye I just checked it out. I already had a credit order previously so can't do this one. But nice find, pretty sure they will honour it. It's a very nice saving.

MilkyJoe

Not sure if I'm liking the gradient paint job on the Scorpio edition. Might cancel my pre-order.

On a lighter note, that Eurogamer thread is an embarrassing cluster fuck. Like all Xbox threads these days.

Not sure if I'm liking the gradient paint job on the Scorpio edition. Might cancel my pre-order.

On a lighter note, that Eurogamer thread is an embarrassing cluster fuck. Like all Xbox threads these days.

Yeah... I tried to have some discussion in there. I think I'm done trying now...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Mine went through last night, order email all confirmed this morning. What a win.

Top Bottom