• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 – Official PC Launch Trailer

Gothos

Wish I was didn't read D2 Reddit between console release and now but nevertheless, I'm Day-1 on PC. It's just ~6 weeks before DLC#1, so the timing is okay I guess :)

Spoo

I'm in.

And, I mean, begrudgingly. I've put so much time into the PS4 version, and done just about everything I've set out to do with it -- grinded 3 characters, completed the raid numerous times, go flawless with my team in Trials nearly every week. Turning around to start on PC, and knowing where the game goes, my excitement has taken on a form of indifference.

I know that when I start a character on PC I will have fun. I will appreciate the KB+M and graphics bump, as well as FOV settings with an uncapped framerate. I will enjoy it, up to a point, but that point will come much sooner, and eventually D2 on PC will just end up being where I play MP, and not likely be where I play with most of my friends.

I want the option of being able to turn to PC for future content releases, when I expect D2 to shape up rather nicely. I wish I could bring my characters from PS4.

D2 launch on PC is going from very exciting to bitterly disappointing, and that's coming from someone who loves this series. I can't imagine that it'll be a success for Bungie.

Keasar

"The game people have warned isn't as great as hoped, actually kind of a let-down, NOW coming to PC! Buy it before the hype dies down any further!"

I was actually once looking forward to playing this but the delay for the PC version actually gave me ample time to see what people said about the game during the console release and now I am honestly not interested anymore. The story sounds pretty bad and they fixed little to none of the issues I had playing Destiny 1, like a severe lack of environmental storytelling that should be a bloody given when you build large environments and have that damn good artists, or that the classes still lack anything to really separate them except a few abilities.

I think Wolfenstein 2 has my priority.

MaxiLive

I'm in.

And, I mean, begrudgingly. I've put so much time into the PS4 version, and done just about everything I've set out to do with it -- grinded 3 characters, completed the raid numerous times, go flawless with my team in Trials nearly every week. Turning around to start on PC, and knowing where the game goes, my excitement has taken on a form of indifference.

I know that when I start a character on PC I will have fun. I will appreciate the KB+M and graphics bump, as well as FOV settings with an uncapped framerate. I will enjoy it, up to a point, but that point will come much sooner, and eventually D2 on PC will just end up being where I play MP, and not likely be where I play with most of my friends.

I want the option of being able to turn to PC for future content releases, when I expect D2 to shape up rather nicely. I wish I could bring my characters from PS4.

D2 launch on PC is going from very exciting to bitterly disappointing, and that's coming from someone who loves this series. I can't imagine that it'll be a success for Bungie.

I'm pretty sure it will do alright for Bungie at least from the people I know they are going to be picking up the game where before with it being console exclusive they weren't that interested. I think the playerbase will be much smaller compared to the PS4/Xbox but still successful for them.

Even heard a few people at work are going to play it just because it is on battle.net so they can use their WoW gold to get it for free... if you call grinding for over a decade playing WoW free ;p

I'm glad I'll get to play it on PC but I highly doubt I'll level more than one character and I'll probably just do the raid once and put the game down.

It's a good game but I'm honestly kind of underwhelmed by it. I'll play through it with friends on PC, but for me the game has almost no legs.

ViciousDS

Banned
im so fucking ready

all my co-workers who are playing PUBG atm are having a hard time staying focused......they can't wait either!!!!!!!!!

half that shit you couldn't even pull off with a controller

that complete 180 turn around and blast......hhhnnnnggggg

my keyboard, mouse and computer are ready

Playing the best version is not second class. I'm looking forward to the added positives of playing on PC even if I have some issues with the game in it's current form after pouring tons of time into it on Xbox.

If a bunch of weeks is enough to turn you away from a game where you have to play at least 50 hours to get value out of it, chances are that you would not have liked it anyway, whatever makes you feel better for doing so I guess.

Mindlog

So, same content, just better graphics? Just thinking of the re-grinding of characters makes my skin crawl. Cool, anyway...just PS4 for me.
Very strong possibility that hand cannons will feature much more prominently on PC.

We'd get some very interesting numbers if D2Tracker could track the number of kill trades on PC vs consoles. This stat alone would tell a story about how vast the gulf is between console and PC. I say this as someone that's likely to stick with the console version.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm not cancelling my preorder, as most of it was paid for with WoW gold anyway, bit I am definitely less excited than I was. I'm sure I'll enjoy it for a few weeks, but I'm disappointed with all the reports that Bungie essentially replaced launch D1 issues with a whole new set of issues for D2 instead of actually moving forward in a positive way.

mazillion

I totally forgot that's tomorrow. I still have my preorder for it but my hype is all gone. Guess i'll still give it a shot, I remember having fun with the beta at least.

Man, that emphasis on "EXCLUSIVELY ON BATTLE.NET"

That's only making me more certain that Activision is going to make their exit from Steam within the next year or so, EA style, and that this is testing the waters.

Activision's presence on Steam is almost non-existent regardless.

noomi

Fully leveled a hunter on PS4 and experienced all the content already but I am ready to make the switch to PC now.

A bit bummed out that my character won't transfer and I'll have to loot and level all my shit from scratch. Ah well.

Here we go.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'd only pick this up on PC if cross-save came in. Can't be fucked grinding another group of guardians.

jett

D-Member
"The game people have warned isn't as great as hoped, actually kind of a let-down, NOW coming to PC! Buy it before the hype dies down any further!"

I was actually once looking forward to playing this but the delay for the PC version actually gave me ample time to see what people said about the game during the console release and now I am honestly not interested anymore. The story sounds pretty bad and they fixed little to none of the issues I had playing Destiny 1, like a severe lack of environmental storytelling that should be a bloody given when you build large environments and have that damn good artists, or that the classes still lack anything to really separate them except a few abilities.

I think Wolfenstein 2 has my priority.

You know what, I agree with this. I probably would've bought this day one.

JHall

When you see the Arcstrider moving around in the trailer your brain thinks "cool slow-mo shot showing off the effects and graphics!". When in reality that's how the Arcstrider moves normally.

Psykoboy2

If a bunch of weeks is enough to turn you away from a game where you have to play at least 50 hours to get value out of it, chances are that you would not have liked it anyway, whatever makes you feel better for doing so I guess.

A bunch of week to get A LOT of feedback from people playing it. And no one is complaining about the look of the game or even the controls or framerate - things that will be different on PC. They're complaining about content, something that won't change on any platform. So I think, yeah, a bunch of weeks is plenty enough to turn you off of something you might have been looking forward to.

I totally forgot that's tomorrow.

It's a week from tomorrow.

Arthimura

I already did almost everything in the game on PS4, all side-quests, PvP, raid, etc.

If i'm was a PC player i would be pretty annoyed of having to wait two months and not being able to have a fresh discussion, because almost everyone already did all the content and have a formed opinion about the game. Everything is already discovered, tons of information of how to do beat the raids, Nightfalls, etc. And it won't even have all the maps and weapons/armor, because of the PS4 exclusive content.

The events will also come to PC always late, like Iron Banner or Prestige Raid.

But the uncapped fps and 4k must be real nice.

So make me ineligible for world's first or whatever, I really don't care, but I know tons of people who are not interested because their progress would be lost.

Yup, on Gears 4 I could play on Xbone with friends, then on PC when nobody was on, it was amazing. I’d love to bring over my characters from PS4..

MUnited83

For you.
If you compare % for masters on Overwatch between console and pc - it appears PC represents about 65% of players. So probably roughly 65% of sales.

Overwatch is at ~35 million - so PC is maybe at 22-23 million in a year.

So I'm assuming that there's a steam FPS that did better ? and thats why COD would bomb harder on Battlenet ?

Overwatch is at 35 million players, not sales. Those player numbers include every single person that played the free weekends, as well as console users playing the game bought by someone else on the same console.
And yes, CS GO has done over 30 million sales.

And yes, CoD would bomb harder on Battle.net. People only use Battle.net because of Blizzard's games.

That's only making me more certain that Activision is going to make their exit from Steam within the next year or so, EA style, and that this is testing the waters.
If they want to make that step, then they need to do a better job with CoD PC ports, because I can't remember the last one that wasn't absolutely shitty.

The events will also come to PC always late, like Iron Banner or Prestige Raid.
Source?

Arthimura

If they want to make that step, then they need to do a better job with CoD PC ports, because I can't remember the last one that wasn't absolutely shitty.

Source?

Myself and common sense. It doesn't make sense to Bungie release The Prestige Raid on PC together with consoles, because the level cap will increase from 305 to 350, so PC players would never have the experience of killing Calus with the right level.

It also doesn't make sense to do Iron Banner event if people on PC didn't even finished the campaign.

oh god, please no more Call of Duty DLC banners clogging the front page

Strakt

I doubt it. If they wanted to they could have with the new COD. I think they only put destiny in because it kinda just fits in with the games on bnet. COD wouldnt fit at all.. but thats just my opinion. I would hate to see cod come on bnet

Looking forward to playing this despite the complaints about the endgame. As long as I get a good 40-80 hours of co-op fun I’ll be happy with my purchase. Not looking for the game to be a massive second job like WoW anyway.

Top Bottom