• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 – Official PC Launch Trailer

Foxxsoxx

I've been playing on PS4 since launch off and on and I originally planned on double dipping, but unfortunately I've already lost all interest in the game. All I really do is the weekly nightfall now that I'm 300 power, and even then its really not even worth it unless its a really fun one (however most have been annoying thus far). I'd have a hard time recommending this to anyone that isn't an absolute die-hard Destiny fan. Having said that, if you're the kind of person that is OK with playing 30-40 hours and never wanting to play it again, then this is the game for you. Fans of loot games beware, this is about as shallow as it gets.

Pretty much. You get a neat exotic and are like, WOW THIS LOOKS AMAZING, you use it and realize that it's either trash, meh, or pretty good, and chances are you'll never use it again. you then rinse and repeat because the game has no other hook besides it being fun to shoot stuff, but that's only fun for so long.

It's like Diablo 3, but all the loot is bad and there is zero depth. Great if you're into stupid shooters, but that's all it really is, a stupid shooter.

J3ffro

Stoked that it's only 8 more days. I've been hearing people complain that there isn't that much to do, and in a way it's music to my ears. I'm looking for a game, not another career. Only a few hours each week after the reset? It is like they made a game for me.

Catphish

I was stoked, until I learned, from playing on PS4, that you cannot directly pick the game mode you want to play in multiplayer.

I don't want to choose a playLIST. I want to choose a gameTYPE.

If they ever add that in, I might reconsider double-dipping. As it is, I don't even touch the game on PS4. :(

ramyeon

I was stoked, until I learned, from playing on PS4, that you cannot directly pick the game mode you want to play in multiplayer.

If they ever add that in, I might reconsider double-dipping. As it is, I don't even touch the game on PS4. :(
It would dilute the player base too much by splitting them into so many different playlists...

I think D1 handled it well by rotating game modes every reset, but I'm okay with the way D2 does it too.

Foxxsoxx

It would dilute the player base too much by splitting them into so many different playlists...

I think D1 handled it well by rotating game modes every reset, but I'm okay with the way D2 does it too.

They should only have preset playlists if the playerbase is small, towards the end of the games lifecycle, like the end of D1. Not at launch, when millions are playing.

Uncharted 4's MP has like 6 different playlists with a fraction of the playerbase D2 has, and it works fine.

I've been playing on PS4 since launch off and on and I originally planned on double dipping, but unfortunately I've already lost all interest in the game. All I really do is the weekly nightfall now that I'm 300 power, and even then its really not even worth it unless its a really fun one (however most have been annoying thus far). I'd have a hard time recommending this to anyone that isn't an absolute die-hard Destiny fan. Having said that, if you're the kind of person that is OK with playing 30-40 hours and never wanting to play it again, then this is the game for you. Fans of loot games beware, this is about as shallow as it gets.

Pretty much. You get a neat exotic and are like, WOW THIS LOOKS AMAZING, you use it and realize that it's either trash, meh, or pretty good, and chances are you'll never use it again. you then rinse and repeat because the game has no other hook besides it being fun to shoot stuff, but that's only fun for so long.

It's like Diablo 3, but all the loot is bad and there is zero depth. Great if you're into stupid shooters, but that's all it really is, a stupid shooter.

feels bad bros. PC is not struggling for games to play, so bad depth is a much bigger deal here than it might be on other platforms. making me nervous about this one.

Catphish

TDM (or Clash, in this case) is generally the dominant game type in multiplayer shooters. In D2, it is, in fact, all I want to play. And I know I'm not alone. It should be a selectable mode.

Ettie

Is this a post-campaign thing? I've not played any Destiny either 1 or 2, but am considering picking it up for me and the SO when they have a decent sale on the PC version. Can you ELI5 on what this means? The content is pre-selected, and you have to play through it as the list dictates?

Catphish

Is this a post-campaign thing? I've not played any Destiny either 1 or 2, but am considering picking it up for me and the SO when they have a decent sale on the PC version. Can you ELI5 on what this means? The content is pre-selected, and you have to play through it as the list dictates?
In the crucible (PvP), there are two playlists you can choose from. Within each are several game types. If you want to play Clash (TDM), you have to wait until it comes up in rotation in the playlist. Until it does, you will have to play a round of Control (Domination), and I think something else, too.

I do not like that one bit. It's basically killed my enthusiasm to play crucible matches.

Does that make sense?

A game played by millions of people can't have 4 separate playlists? I find that hard to believe.

feels bad bros. PC is not struggling for games to play, so bad depth is a much bigger deal here than it might be on other platforms. making me nervous about this one.

It's by no means a bad game, I just don't think it's a game that stands out very well on the PC market. It does the shooting very well on consoles but I'm not sure it will be as stand-out on PC, and the loot aspect of the game is significantly outclassed by most other popular loot games on the PC.

Laieon

Planning on picking up 2 games this month, one of them will definitely be Mario. Not sure if I want the other to be this or Fire Emblem: Warriors. Kind of leaning towards this. It doesn't have a subscription fee, right? Never played Destiny 1, so this will be a completely new experience for me.

Stoked that it's only 8 more days. I've been hearing people complain that there isn't that much to do, and in a way it's music to my ears. I'm looking for a game, not another career. Only a few hours each week after the reset? It is like they made a game for me.

I'm feeling the same way to be honest. I definitely lean towards shorter experiences these days.

Baconmonk

Really surprised to see the negative reactions in here. I'm sure it will sell well enough, there's plenty of folks wanting to jump in that haven't played it on consoles. Beta ran great also, seems well optimized for PC.

Duxxy3

Delay was way too long. Too many good games coming out at the same time. Definitely would have bought it in September.

SRTtoZ

Cancelled my preorder but I'll be back on board when they reveal major changes and everything coming down the line. I have a feeling I won't hold out as long as I want.

BizzyBum

I have it pre-purchased. I just hope the PC community is active and not dead within half a year.

At first I thought a month delay wasn't a big deal but damn has it lessened the hype. Doesn't even seem like a month, it feels like it's been on consoles for like 6 months already. lol

Getting to 305 is going to be so much less painful and trial and error than the console release. Those that waited already have the guides/raid mapped out.

I already know what gear to seek and what my general playstyle is. Now I just have to get my brand-new PC clanmates ready to take on the crossover console vets.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm sticking with it as I have a friend who really wants me to play with him. I absolutely enjoyed Vault of Glass and Crota's End, but ultimately checked out after House of Wolves failed to get me excited. I completely skipped King's Fall and all of the content after that.

If it wasn't for my friend, I would probably pass completely or at least wait until some of the issues are addressed. I see who is giving feedback from the PS4 players, many of who I ran with back in vanilla, so I'm pretty sure my endgame criticisms will be similar.

*Also managed to preorder from Amazon while it was on sale for $48. Arrives day before launch.

feel

I was so excited after the beta, I even upgraded my PC for it just to max it out easily at 120fps, but all this time went by coupled with all the negative opinions on the console version the excitement faded away. This trailer brought some of my hype back, but I have soooo much to play right now, plus Mario/Wolf2 are coming. I think I might wait until the game is improved with some of the major complaints adressed to jump in.

atpbx

A game played by millions of people can't have 4 separate playlists? I find that hard to believe.

Yeah like it didn’t have that option in D1 or something and everything was fi....

Oh it did, and it was brilliant.

You want to play control all day, off you go.

Rumble?

Clash?

No problem.

And of course with game types to choose from, everyone gets to ignore supremacy like the pile of shit deserves.

GrazGamer

I'm so on the fence about this game.

On the one hand I have no interest in playing with anyone else and my game time is limited so I'm not looking for a 100 hours of gaming.

But it does sound like there is enough game here for me to get my moneys worth from the campaign and adventures and enjoy some nice environments and solid shooting from Bungie.

I buy many multiplayer games just for the campaigns so I have no worries about missing out on content but I see mixed impressions on the solo stuff so I still can't decide.

Destiny 2 PC Graphics and Performance Guide (NVIDIA)

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/g...performance-guide?ncid=so-twi-dn2gspfgd-24431

destiny-2-nvidia-geforce-gtx-recommended-graphics-cards.png

KaYotiX

Banned
Still conflicted on picking this up for PC. With Creed, Wolfenstein 2 and Mario like 3 days after this, and all the other games wanting time...I don't have enough arms and eyes. T-T

I'm waiting on buy 2 get 1 free deals that best buy and target usually have. Mario day 1 but everything else can wait.

Strakt

Prettty excited for this release; hoping they reveal dates for Raids, Trials, etc.. for PC version this week. Also excited to find out about seasons on friday @ twitch con and wondering if theres a halloween event this year since its so close to PC release.

Nvzman

It'll be pretty rough for them to make the move as a publisher. Destiny is the only major franchise they have on PC. Call of Duty has struggled for a long time and that's on the largest storefront. Black Ops 2 is the last one that retained a community fairly well from what I remember?

Black Ops 3 held up well too, it pretty much stayed in the ~15,000 range until Infinite Warfare came out, then fell down to ~8,000 but still held up unlike IW.
It's mainly due to Treyarch games being much better PC ports than the other 2 devs, also because Treyarch didn't make shitty MP games like AW and IW were.

Yam's

I'm so on the fence about this game.

On the one hand I have no interest in playing with anyone else and my game time is limited so I'm not looking for a 100 hours of gaming.

But it does sound like there is enough game here for me to get my moneys worth from the campaign and adventures and enjoy some nice environments and solid shooting from Bungie.

I buy many multiplayer games just for the campaigns so I have no worries about missing out on content but I see mixed impressions on the solo stuff so I still can't decide.

If playing solo and seeing the campaign is all you care about, you might as well wait until all dlc/expansion are released. They will hopefully have fixed the end game by then too. I would never recommend paying 60 bucks for Destiny 2 current solo content.

Strakt

If playing solo and seeing the campaign is all you care about, you might as well wait until all dlc/expansion are released. They will hopefully have fixed the end game by then too. I would never recommend paying 60 bucks for Destiny 2 current solo content.

I wouldn't recommend this. You can solo most of the content. You can use the built in guided games to matchmake with a group to do the endgame raid and nightfalls if ur a solo player. The only thing you won't be able to do is prestige mode. If you wait until all the expansions are out, you're going to have even a harder time trying to solo everything as a lot of people will be doing the new content.

Prettty excited for this release; hoping they reveal dates for Raids, Trials, etc.. for PC version this week. Also excited to find out about seasons on friday @ twitch con and wondering if theres a halloween event this year since its so close to PC release.

I will accept raid day two...

In all seriousness it will probably keep the same raid release schedule correct?

deoee

Why again are we second class players?

Also the delay kinda deflated every bit of hype I had, I'm still excited but nearly all of my friends aren't really interested anymore so we will see.

Bungie really killed most of the momentum with this delay

jadedm17

Nice quick cuts to ignore the absolutely horrible AI.

Game has many faults but is still worth full retail pricing; I'm just nagging because I wanted more... We deserved more. Destiny 1.5 indeed.

Bendo

Just cancelled my preorder. Watching Giant Bomb's literal 20h Leviathan raid more or less ruined my interest in the game. I also don't have any friends who play which pretty much seems like a requirement.

The Up Next video is titled "I'm DONE with Destiny 2", lol.

The mixed impressions have put me off of buying this, I'm glad PC was delayed otherwise I would have probably bought it at launch.

Well I said to myself I would not buy a Destiny product again, but it being on PC and CDKEYS selling it for $49AUD($36USD) I decided to bite the bullet.

I think even if the game is disappointing It isn't a lot of money and the multiplayer should hold my interest for at least a few days :)

Top Bottom