• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn that frown upside-down (FaceApp iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-V-B

KTqQML3.jpg

giphy.gif

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The old filters applied to photos of young superstars really shows how well this works. I ain't seen one yet that didn't look like their current old selves.

The old filters applied to photos of young superstars really shows how well this works. I ain't seen one yet that didn't look like their current old selves.

As others have said, they likely used a lot of celebrities who have been around for a decades as a starting point/reference material for the algorithm(s)/data sets, so it's going to be exceptionally accurate there. It seems like it's pretty solid with general inputs (a lot of "I look like my mom/dad/grandpa/grandma!"), but don't expect them to be as accurate.

A-V-B

As others have said, they likely used a lot of celebrities who have been around for a decades as a starting point for the algorithm/data sets, so it's going to be exceptionally accurate there. It seems like it's pretty solid with general inputs (a lot of "I look like my mom/dad/grandpa/grandma!", but don't expect them to be as accurate.

Pretty sure I've seen Tom Cruise and Bryan Cranston used as reference morphs in some of these images.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was surprised with female me. It practically didn't even change my facial structure...
HBa22Hd.jpg

And then I thought.... what if I just kept putting the image through...
ViFUYQA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom