• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn that frown upside-down (FaceApp iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

q5OlZ5Rl.jpg
Thank you so much for this.

Has anyone done the Chris Evans one yet?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't know if it's due to being of East Asian ancestry, but the female filter doesn't seem to do a whole lot to me. Male filter actually make more noticeable changes.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
It's crazy how consistent this app is. No matter what angle I take the shots from, how stupid I look into the camera, the end results always look the same. I even look a lot like my father in my old version.

Anyway here's me as a girl. Would definitely go on a date with her. Though the teeth look a bit weird.

gPhxHMk.jpg

I do find it interesting how some people looks completely different in opposite gender mode while for others it's way more subtle.
baE5JBr.jpg
The algorithm doesn't deal too well with facial hair, unfortunately. Barring the weirdness around the mouth, if I saw you and your female clone in the street, I'd assume you were brother and sister.

Was reading the Spark got removed due to whitewashing.

So I guess that how Spark works,It removes all facial blemishes and marks and goes a few shades lighter so it doesn't look off in colour?

It's crazy how consistent this app is. No matter what angle I take the shots from, how stupid I look into the camera, the end results always look the same. I even look a lot like my father in my old version.

Anyway here's me as a girl. Would definitely go on a date with her. Though the teeth look a bit weird.

gPhxHMk.jpg
Tom cruise middle tooth syndrome.

The algorithm doesn't deal too well with facial hair, unfortunately. Barring the weirdness around the mouth, if I saw you and your female clone in the street, I'd assume you were brother and sister.

I think it partially has to do with it trying to figure out what is facial hair instead of shadows like it came out a bit better in this more lit room.
gkUdfKo.jpg

It does give you a consistent look though ;will be interesting to see how it changes as months go on considering it's based on deep learning as far as I know so it should get better and weird issues like facial hair and hopefully hair color will get resolved.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure how this app decide if you deserve long hair or not with the girl version, but I always end up with short hair. :(

Anustart

This thread took a nosedive fast. Let's get some more creepy smiles, less collage of everyone we can find and femifying.

Pretty strange - all the 'young' version of me make *much* younger (like kid aged) and turn me black. It also always seems to be the exact same kid - which doesn't look much like me (putting skin color aside).

I have also a terrifying older me.

Slaythe

It sucks how we're all so much better as girls.

ADWaPpc.jpg

Also old me looks like my mother and Harrison ford fused together. I'll accept it.

It sucks how we're all so much better as girls.

ADWaPpc.jpg

Also old me looks like my mother and Harrison ford fused together. I'll accept it.

It probably more has to do with the persons sexual orientation; as a Bi dude I actually would rate most of the posters male and female images around the same attractiveness level but thats just me. No one posting here has been hidious minus the monsters of course (and Trump) LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom