• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn that frown upside-down (FaceApp iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed the female filter over a photo once, five and ten times:

orYKkj6.jpg

The ideal woman.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
So now FaceApp has filters for different ethnicities. This is a thing that exists. You can see "what you'd look like" if your ethnicity was different to what it is now. How do we feel about this? Is this racist? It feels a bit racist.

Or is it harmless fun and I'm jumping to conclusions? I mean, here's Donald Trump:

Cheebo

Banned
So now FaceApp has filters for different ethnicities. This is a thing that exists. You can see "what you'd look like" if your ethnicity was different to what it is now. How do we feel about this? Is this racist? It feels a bit racist.

Or is it harmless fun and I'm jumping to conclusions? I mean, here's Donald Trump:
Changing to Hispanic means you have to have a mustache?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I wonder why.

Seeing yourself in a face from another ethnicity seems more unifying than anything else.

When I said it "felt wrong" I was referring to the assumptions that the software is presumably making. As in "is this morally OK". Seeing myself as a different ethnicity doesn't bother me at all.

kswiston

The Indian filter darkened my hair and turned my blue eyes to brown. I see no other changes.

Throwing the white filter over my already white face makes me look like I came from Sweden though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom