• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16 and 18

ggx2ac

Apparently the character profiles page just opened on the DBZF site. (The just newly revealed characters haven't been put in yet.)

That Google translate though.

DHbmzncUQAAxMbC.jpg

even if future gohan could get in he wouldn't be missing a arm so there is no real point in asking for him

If that's true then your right about him being pointless. Has it been confirmed yet if characters will have alternate outfits or is it just alternate colour schemes.

Arkeband

Banned
Not a fan of Blue or any Super storylines.

The game is called Dragonball Fighter Z for a reason, keep all that other bullshit out.

I anticipate having Goku Black too so a quarter of the character select is just Goku with wigs on.

Big One

Banned
that's technically not a super character.
he debuted in a DBZ movie.
This isn't a Dragon Ball Z game, it's a Dragon Ball game. There's going to be Super and maybe even GT characters, even if they're resorted to DLC. The Blue forms of Goku and Vegeta are the Future Trunks arc incarnations of them, so there's already Super content in the game.

I-hate-u

The game is called Dragonball Fighter Z for a reason, keep all that other bullshit out.

I anticipate having Goku Black too so a quarter of the character select is just Goku with wigs on.

Super only adds diversity to DB, and we would be lucky if we get Black.

Stahp.

People just love their candy visuals with their anime. Super's animation is great considering the factory pace they pump these episodes out. Having Super content in the game is fine, although I wasn't expecting it actually.

Quebaz

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 and Sparking Meteor/Budokai Tenkaichi 3 had DB and GT characters.

Dragon Ball Raging Blast only had Z characters.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse had Z, GT and Super characters.

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butouden had characters from all 4 series.

Zalman

It's called FighterZ as in Fighters. Not Fighter Z.

FSLink

Banned
that's technically not a super character.
he debuted in a DBZ movie.

Technically.

But they aren't going to fucking ignore Super when it's popular.

I hate all those Super Saiyan froms as separate fighters in any Dragon Ball fighting-game. Just make them alternate costumes. At the same time its a shame to not include 17, who is shown in the series to use similar moves to 18, and make him a clone of 18 (Ryu to Ken). If they reuse assets at least include new characters.

You -can't- make them alternate costumes with A) SSB has a different "moveset" than base Goku/Vegeta and B) With how costumes work in this engine, it's a lot of work to make an alt costume. You might as well make a new character moveset anyway!

Doesn't matter if you are a fan or not, Super is popular so a game trying to reach a mass audience will have Super content. Goku Black would also has a very different moveset and visually look different with the SSR transformation.

Big One

Banned
Yeah, that doesn't work anymore. SSB Kaioken is 100% Super, nothing else.
Yeah and Goku and Vegeta didn't wear their Battle of Gods clothing in combination with Blue in anything else BUT Super. My guess is there'll be rep from the Future Trunks arc in this game with Merged Zamasu and Goku Black being playable.

LordKasual

Banned
which is a combination attack that summons Android 17. It is unknown if this is the only capacity in which Android 17 will appear.

fuck

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Who the FUCK gives a shit about 16

RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Big One

Banned
We'd be luckier if we get characters that aren't Black.
Black has one of the most unique movesets in Dragon Ball history, so that already puts him pretty high on the list, as well as the Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta in this game being based on their incarnations from his arc. I'd say that already makes him more likely than a good majority of characters in Dragon Ball.

FSLink

Banned
fuck

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Who the FUCK gives a shit about 16

16 would have a more unique playstyle. 17 kinda would as well but if I were to choose 2 of the Androids it would be 16 and 18.

If they developed the game now they probably would have included 17, but considering they started development for FighterZ around the time of Extreme Butoden not too surprising.

LordKasual

Banned
16 would have a more unique playstyle. 17 kinda would as well but if I were to choose 2 of the Androids it would be 16 and 18.

If they developed the game now they probably would have included 17, but considering they started development for FighterZ around the time of Extreme Butoden not too surprising.

17's fighting style has always been more unique than 18's. He actually used signature moves.

And DBZ has never shown a battle where 18 is actually pushed to her limit fighting someone on equal footing to her. She's either trouncing Vegeta or getting roflstompped by Cell/Trunks.

Both of those gifs look pretty crappy to me, lol.

nah

DBSuper was quite ass at first, but the newer episodes bring the heat.

...most of the time.

I-hate-u

18 is a girl, 16 is a big body grappler.

If any of the three androids would be left out it would be 17.

Black has one of the most unique movesets in Dragon Ball history, so that already puts him pretty high on the list, as well as the Blue Goku and Blue Vegeta in this game being based on their incarnations from his arc. I'd say that already makes him more likely than a good majority of characters in Dragon Ball.

tenor.gif

Quebaz

17's fighting style has always been more unique than 18's. He actually used signature moves.

And DBZ has never shown a battle where 18 is actually pushed to her limit fighting someone on equal footing to her. She's either trouncing Vegeta or getting roflstompped by Cell/Trunks.

But she's a girl, instantly more relevant than 17.

Big One

Banned
I do think Android 17 has a good chance at being DLC, though. But it might be a Tournament of Power pack maybe with Android 17, Caulifla, Kale, and Jiren or something like that.

N7.Angel

lol 17 is just the male version of 18 without the characterization that was already weak for her, I admit his last fight in Super was pretty great ( I say something positive about Super, what a day... ) but that's it, 16 bring more to the series than 17 for sure.

Lmao. How could you not love Super, and how goofy it is?

Because 90% of it is pure garbage.

I will never understand this mindset. So because you don't like it Super fans just have to go away? Are we not allowed our characters?

Referring to Black as "Goku with a wig on" doesn't help your case either as he could potentially be the most unique Goku variant they could make.

Aru

If Goku Blue & Vegeta Blue are in, Vegetto Blue is probably in too, I hope.
Best Saiyan needs to be in the game :D

Also, I figured the story mode wouldn't retell the events of the manga/anime with so few characters...
I just hope they make something good.

Zalman

I actually kind of like the fact that there's no 17 yet since I would like them to base his character on the current arc, which will likely take some time. The fact that he's an assist is kind of lame though.

Personally not a fan of Android 16. I guess he will have a cool unique moveset, but there are many others I would have chosen instead.

I'm happy to see Blue Goku and Vegeta, but not so happy with their outfits. Now I'm wondering what look 18 will have. I fear it'll be the Android saga one, but I hope not. I like her more when she's not a villain.

Top Bottom