• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

They took out the biggest threat with the smallest target. That was quite the play.
Sandra will always be a target and they now think JT is a snake. They just destabilized that entire tribe with a killshot. Hell.

Biggest challenge competitor on that tribe.

It was a great move. Malcolm is always a threat to win. That guy is a physical threat and has so much charisma but damn. The fact that he was out so soon and chosen over Sandra and JT caught me off guard.

I just wanted that JT and Malcolm showmance.

UberTag

I'm living in a world where I now think Brad might actually be the winner of this season.
Does anyone else have a winner edit right now? Hard to say.
That said, a bunch of people on the green tribe haven't had to go to tribal yet. Cirie keeps dodging that bullet Ozzy wants to fire at her.

Man that is a rough way to go out. Bullshit twist that I never hope they do again.

This only solidifies what a horrible player Jt is. Ratted out his tribe to get rid of his biggest threat but failed and ended up booting his closest ally on that tribe. Hes screwed if they go to another tribal which is a good chance with Jeff and Sandra there.

Velcro Fly

the other way the twist could have gone was the smaller tribe losing a member because their numbers were fewer

this was way better.

kirblar

Man that is a rough way to go out. Bullshit twist that I never hope they do again.

This only solidifies what a horrible player Jt is. Ratted out his tribal to get rid of his biggest threat but failed and ended up booting his closest ally on that tribe. Hes screwed if they go to another tribal which is a good chance with Jeff and Sandra there.
JT's post-S18 appearances have really underlined how much he got carried by Stephen that season.

UberTag

This only solidifies what a horrible player Jt is. Ratted out his tribal to get rid of his biggest threat but failed and ended up booting his closest ally on that tribe. Hes screwed if they go to another tribal which is a good chance with Jeff and Sandra there.
JT is completely lost in this game with zero good instincts without Stephen Fishbach there to shepherd him around.

kirblar

Hali's "I think you're going to regret this...." was fantastic.

edit: This twist would be way better going into a merge. Have tribal immunity on the line, the entire tribe wins immunity going into the first merge vote, everyone goes to tribal council together on the spot.

Have they ever discussed the idea of Survivor International?

A member from different countries would be super fun to watch

So where does tai stand? Seems like he's a good errand boy but Im still pro Tai and love his resourcefulness

Jims

OK, I was kinda critical of why they brought Hali back, but I get it now. Good job, Survivor producers. They rolled the dice on an offbeat personality and won.

Really exciting Tribal Council. It ended up taking a weird tribe merge twist and an immunity idol to take Malcolm out of the game. Would probably be pretty furious if I were him, at how much everything seemed to snowball against him.

Still not sure I agree with Mana's choice to oust Malcolm there. JT kinda deserves what he gets right here for giving them the Sierra info, but Nuku just kinda left JT to die. It might benefit them more to see if JT can turn Malcolm/whoever (Aubry?) and somehow get to the merge. This strikes me as a "playing from ahead" kind of play, and I'm not sure if Brad/Debbie/Tai/Sierra potential merge alliance is that much farther ahead to start trading pieces. They must really be confident about reforming their original tribe.

Unison

Fun times!

I like most people this season, so stuff like that is pure enjoyment for me.

Glad Sandra made it through that insanity.

tmac456

Fucking furious that Malcolm got voted out on that bullshit tribal. Fuck JT and I've really started to hate Tai as well.

Unison

Fucking furious that Malcolm got voted out on that bullshit tribal. Fuck JT and I've really started to hate Tai as well.

JT, Tai, Brad and Zeke are all varying levels of dreadful, but mostly this cast is aces.

Hali getting a moment to shine tonight was cool.

We really need a gif of JT weeping after Malcom got the boot.

Unison

ZMDa55T.gif

6dhepNz.png

They took out the biggest threat with the smallest target. That was quite the play.
Sandra will always be a target and they now think JT is a snake. They just destabilized that entire tribe with a killshot. Hell.

Serious shit man. What a crazy tribal.

BunnyBear

Same. Sandra or Sierra should have gone home. Neither of them deserve to be there. Fuck JT.

How does Sandra not deserve to be there?

Anyway, I'm furious after that episode. I was pacing around the room it was that intense, but it had almost the worse possibke outcome besides a Sandra vote. To lose a player of Malcolm's stature like that is really disappointing. And fuck, he's had some bad luck across his three seasons.

goonie

Even though I'm unhappy with the outcome, that tribal was hilarious and fun. I feel really bad for Malcolm. Hali had some good moments here and I liked Sierra basically telling Debbie to shut up and listen when Tai was about to reveal the idol.

Also, looks like Debbie's really freaking out next episode, eh? Thought she was just being funny/dramatic but there was a shot of her turning around with tears in her eyes and a look of exhaustion. Yikes.

Bubble

Neo Member
I don't really know WTF JT is doing. Second time in his Survivor career where he fucks up majorly. I mean, it's funny as shit to see him fuck up, but damn, he desperately needs someone to reel him in like Stephen did.

At the very least, we know who the next 4th timer is, which is ugh...

At first I thought it was JT's plan to tell them that his tribe was voting Sierra, hoping the votes would get nullified by an idol, and say he was voting with them for Sandra, but then vote with his tribe so that he could get rid of Sandra with no blood on his hands. Then I realized there is no way JT would come up with something that complicated, and it's far more likely he just kept waffling between the three different plans in his head.

My question is, how many people were lying in that tribal? Was Hali lying? Would she have voted Culpepper with the other tribe, or was that an attempt at a ruse?

Tevious

That was nuts. I had a feeling there was going to be a long, probably crazy tribal when the immunity challenge was only 1/3 the way through the episode.

Have they ever discussed the idea of Survivor International?

A member from different countries would be super fun to watch

After watching Survivor Australia, I had the same thought. I really wish they'd do this.

I'm also getting sick of the tropical island settings. I always thought the best settings were in mainland locations. And just once, I'd like them to do a season in a colder climate with some snow challenges. Would people really not tune in because of no bikinis?

BunnyBear

I don't really know WTF JT is doing. Second time in his Survivor career where he fucks up majorly. I mean, it's funny as shit to see him fuck up, but damn, he desperately needs someone to reel him in like Stephen did.

At the very least, we know who the next 4th timer is, which is ugh...

Why is it bad for Malcolm to come back? I've never known anyone who disliked him...and you can't say he doesn't have good reason to feel ripped off.

After watching Survivor Australia, I had the same thought. I really wish they'd do this.

I'm also getting sick of the tropical island settings. I always thought the best settings were in mainland locations. And just once, I'd like them to do a season in a colder climate with some snow challenges. Would people really not tune in because of no bikinis?

I remember someone asking Probst about an international version years ago and it was something to do with rights and the trickiness of getting visas and all that.

On a winter edition, tits and bikinis is a pretty bit drawcard for a lot of the audience, and snowy or cold conditions pretty much means water challenges would be out of the question. Survival in cold conditions is also much more strenuous on the body.

Plus, and this is important, Probst and the production don't like roughing it like they used to. They used to live in tents and really live the conditions to a lesser extant than the Survivors, whereas now they hire out hotels and resorts for the entire production and don't mess about. That's probably why we'll never see an in-land location anymore... it's an absolute slog basing production in the middle of nowhere (the logistics of Gabon were ridiculous) and all the crew and Probst would have to rough it! He's on the record saying the crew hated Cambodia and seasons like Guatemala and would never go back. They like their comfort.

I'd love to see an in-land season but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom