• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survivor 34: Game Changers |OT| We Have To Go Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debbie in the kiss of death spot: "We'll have a conversation if it's Caleb or Hali, and I believe we're rock solid sticking together."

Guess we know what it isn't happening tonight.

Grexeno

Same. Anyone know if the idols are placed for each tribe, or are they only there if the clue is found? I tried looking here and during Second Chance, but I could never tell.
Yeah, he caught and killed a pig by stabbing it repeatedly.
Only if the clue is found.

vypek

Same. Anyone know if the idols are placed for each tribe, or are they only there if the clue is found? I tried looking here and during Second Chance, but I could never tell.

Yeah, he caught and killed a pig by stabbing it repeatedly.

I'd guess that its just if they are found. It seems like we would see a shot of the others if they were placed for the other tribes as well, right?

Ah, I don't think I want to see that. Sounds sort of gruesome.

After what happened with Kelly Wentworth and Parvati (and probably others from earlier seasons), I refuse to ask why they bring anyone back. Hopefully some of these more questionable returnees surprise us!

As somebody that doesn't pay much attention to the inner workings of the show...what happened with Wentworth and Parvati?

Tai knifed him. Lol

As somebody that doesn't pay much attention to the inner workings of the show...what happened with Wentworth and Parvati?

Both were fairly forgettable/middle of the road contestants the first time out (Parvati did make Final 6, but she was really overshadowed by folks like Candice and Penner, never mind Yul and Ozzy; hell, she was arguably overshadowed by second boot Billy Garcia), and were largely seen as reaches when they were brought back, but then wound up shutting up critics with great performances (Parvati winning, Wentworth coming in fourth).

goonie

Both were pretty unimpressive in their original seasons. Parvati came back as a "favorite" and Wentworth was voted in by fans for the Second Chance season (despite having like no screen time and was voted off pre-merge). Now they're both generally regarded as great players.

Both were pretty unimpressive in their original seasons. Parvati came back as a "favorite" and Wentworth was voted in by fans for the Second Chance season. Now they're both generally regarded as great players.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I remember thinking it was weird how the show treated Parvati like she was some A+ player

Kifimbo

Hmm.. Game-wise, I don't think I like this
two-team tribal council
. But from that reaction from Jeff, it might be worth it.

My heart was pumping the entire episode after the challenge... Tony and Hali were my two favorites to see again this season, losing them in back to back tribals would have destroyed me.

Thank the mighty Survivor heavens.

Leeness

So the boot list I read the other day appears to be bang on accurate thus far

Just ticking the names off as they go now lol

Is it?

If the twist next week is two tribes going to tribal and each voting someone out, then something is wrong. All four of the next boots are on the same tribe. They can't have two tribes at council and yet both the people going are from the same tribe, no?

Is it?

If the twist next week is two tribes going to tribal and each voting someone out, then something is wrong. All four of the next boots are on the same tribe. They can't have two tribes at council and yet both the people going are from the same tribe, no?

Well I certainly hope the main boot list is inaccurate! But thus far it's got the first 3 right and this was posted back in January, so they're not sneakily editing it to appear like they are geniuses.

Man that spoiler tagging right after "boot list" was a risky click. I'm not sure why I clicked.

Re: accurate boot lists - remember Cambodia was only accurate to a point, and had a few switched around IIRC.

I saw on Twitter that Caleb has the second fewest days of anybody that played twice other than the esteemed Francesca.

I hope so too! Guess we'll see.

That's why I didn't put names in 😬
You saved me right there. I didn't watch last season, but it's been a while since I've been able to escape being at least somewhat spoiled. Both Cambodia and KR had fairly significant spoilers that I was unable to avoid.

You saved me right there. I didn't watch last season, but it's been a while since I've been able to escape being at least somewhat spoiled. Both Cambodia and KR had fairly significant spoilers that I was unable to avoid.

Believe it or not I rarely ever look up boot lists for each season, being in Australia the past few seasons have usually aired 7-8 hours after the US airing so it's pretty easy to be spoiler free for that short length of time.

What I have done in previous seasons is remain spoiler free (so no looking at Survivor discussions on the forums I frequent) AND binge watch 3-4-5 episodes in a row. Some fail at it and get spoiled super easy.... I smart about it and didn't spoil myself at all.

Because of it being a massive returnee season I guess I was curious and wanted to see for myself. Now I'm just curious if the boot list ends up being wrong at some point.

Talonz

If they killed either of the goats I don't think I could have stuck with the season. That really put me in a bad mood.

I'm glad Queen Hali survived and Caleb went.

Leeness

I gotchu.

If they killed either of the goats I don't think I could have stuck with the season. That really put me in a bad mood.

I'm glad Queen Hali survived and Caleb went.

Yah, my mom was super angry and calling Sandra a bitch and stuff. I don't really fault anyone for the situation though, Sandra was cold blooded, but it is what it is. She agreed to let them go. -shrug-

My mom is a hypocrite though--she said it wouldn't have made her as upset if it was a lamb lol. Like what, you are fine watching a lamb get killed but not a goat? I guess a baby lamb is the more acceptable food animal? Haha.

I was so focused on the fact that Hali survived that it's only just blowing my mind thinking about how Tai turned on Caleb.

Like... damn. They were this awkwardly charming duo in Kaoh Rong, devastatingly torn apart by a medevac.

Two seasons later and they are reunited once again in the game of Survivor... only for Tai to stab Caleb in the back in the exact same episode. Crazy.

Jims

I got spoiled because some asshole on Survivor Sucks thought it would be cute to post a thread with the spoiled finalists in the title, on the night of the premiere. I didn't see the bootlist (thankfully) but it still sucks that the endgame got spoiled for me. :(

Anyway, good episode tonight. Didn't quite have the spark of the Tony/Sandra showdown last week, but a nice, solid, almost old-school episode of Survivor tonight. The goat thing was pretty compelling.

Was surprised how uneven the tribe swap ended up on all three tribes. It's always like that with swaps to some degree, but some of the situations really have the cards stacked heavily against certain players now.

Reading all these posts, I wish they did kill and eat them so we would have an outcry this morning.

I don't think they would have even shown them talking about it if anything came of it. As soon as they started running after it I figured nothing would come of it if they caught one. After all the stuff with Tai last season and with Sia I don't think they'd go out of their way to show some goats get killed and eaten.

I don't think they would have even shown them talking about it if anything came of it. As soon as they started running after it I figured nothing would come of it if they caught one. After all the stuff with Tai last season and with Sia I don't think they'd go out of their way to show some goats get killed and eaten.

I mean they wouldn't have shown it....

The only thing that bothered me about the goats was Sandra's "Animals are here for human consumption" or some such sentiment. Fuck outta here with that God-gave-us-dominion-over-the-animals garbage. They are certainly not showing Sandra in the best light this season, though I'm sure she's always been this arrogant and heartless.

Bubble

Neo Member
I actually liked the goat stuff. It is nice to have non-strategy scenes, and of course it is Sandra who wants to kill the goat. You'd think she killed enough goats after all the times she has played.

Got to say that Brad is killing it so far. The way he handled Tai before the vote was very well done and shows that he got game. I also love how he brings up Monica. Do it for Monica.

Caleb being out is amazing. Never got the hype around in Kaoh Rong and certainly not on Game Changers. So far, 2/3 boots have been excellent. The only loss so far is Tony.

Didn't realize it until listening to RHAP, but the losing tribe last night is basically a whole tribe of people that don't belong on this season.

Hali, Caleb, Tai, Cullpepper, Debbie, Zeke?

llehuty

I'm mistified about the vote, wasn't Tai the obvious one to boot? You break the strong couple and keep the strong physical player for winning challenges and acting as a shield. Tai is toast anyway, nobody is going to trust someone that can have his mind changed several times before tribal AND spends time deciding who to vote.

Hali needs some kind of miracle to survive now, which is a shame because she is playing really well and could had made a deep cut if the swap would had ended differently.

Didn't realize it until listening to RHAP, but the losing tribe last night is basically a whole tribe of people that don't belong on this season.

Hali, Caleb, Tai, Cullpepper, Debbie, Zeke?

Sierra instead of Zeke, but still applies.

Edit: About the next episode twist
I fell like the will do some variation of the one they did in Australia, but I'm assuming they will announce it BEFORE the vote, which will create a different dynamic and major scrambling. Also, with 2 tribes there, the chances of Troyzan being there are quite high, and he has to play the idol if it's a normal vote. It will be interesting in any case.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The only thing that bothered me about the goats was Sandra's "Animals are here for human consumption" or some such sentiment. Fuck outta here with that God-gave-us-dominion-over-the-animals garbage. They are certainly not showing Sandra in the best light this season, though I'm sure she's always been this arrogant and heartless.

welcome to the food chain

(while I couldn't and wouldn't have killed momma or babies either... especially if they still had other food... I could kinda understand it if it was day 30 and they were starving)

legend166

Can people not discuss boot lists at all please? If I know you know the order in which people get voted off, it's pretty easy to get spoiled by your posts even if you don't intend it.

Also, Tai is so easily manipulated. Can't believe he listened to what Brad said.

nomster

Can people not discuss boot lists at all please? If I know you know the order in which people get voted off, it's pretty easy to get spoiled by your posts even if you don't intend it.

Also, Tai is so easily manipulated. Can't believe he listened to what Brad said.
Agreed, it's annoying that people who've seen bootlists even show up here to discuss

Leeness

Agreed, it's annoying that people who've seen bootlists even show up here to discuss

Of course! Won't mention it again :)

I'm mistified about the vote, wasn't Tai the obvious one to boot? You break the strong couple and keep the strong physical player for winning challenges and acting as a shield. Tai is toast anyway, nobody is going to trust someone that can have his mind changed several times before tribal AND spends time deciding who to vote.

Hali needs some kind of miracle to survive now, which is a shame because she is playing really well and could had made a deep cut if the swap would had ended differently.

I feel like I'm missing something with Caleb that the other players are thinking. They seemed to not see him as loyal and as someone to worry about, but his season on BB and his small time on Survivor all points to the exact opposite.

I wonder if he was someone that was trying to pre-game a shit ton. Something seemed to make the cast worry about him.

Even though I mentioned nothing about future vote offs, my lips are sealed.

Perhaps there should be a boot list of people thread banned for potentially spoiling episodes! :D /runs

llehuty

Even though I mentioned nothing about future vote offs, my lips are sealed.

Perhaps there should be a boot list of people thread banned for potentially spoiling episodes! :D /runs

I guess there could always be a spoiler version of this thread if enough people want to discuss edgic, boot lists, social media, etc?

I just wish there was a distinction between Edgic and those who like to talk about the edit. I feel there is a difference there. I don't care about the number of confessional's people get and statistics like that but I do look at stuff like the type of edits people get and the substance of their confessionals. The only problem is people see that as edgic talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom