• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Michael Shannon frontrunner to play Cable in Deadpool 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
This is where a few years from now people mistook critism that actors don't look like characters as criticsm about acting abilities or movie quality, and quote the posts in some crow thread like X-Men's Quicksilver, isn't it.
What are you trying to say

Monocle

Aw shit, I'm not really a fan of Michael Shannon.

Comic book movies don't deserve Michael Shannon.
A tad late to play this card when they already have Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Jeff Bridges, Anthony Hopkins, Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett (soon), and so on.

Fat4all

Banned

tumblr_md0w2zFm0E1qhei2io1_500.gif

sans_pants

avec_pénis

A tad late to play this card when they already have Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart, Jeff Bridges, Anthony Hopkins, Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett (soon), and so on.

did you name a single actor under 55?

Monocle

did you name a single actor under 55?
Are Oscar winners Heath Ledger and Natalie Portman good enough for you?

Tilda and Cate

Plus I'm gonna go sacrilege and say Michael Shannon is a better actor than all of them imo except for perhaps Blanchett

They're all awesome tho. And Shannon was already in man of Steel too so lol.
Better than Ian McKellen and the incomparable Tilda Swinton? What in the blazes?

Guess which Best Picture winner I'm describing:

Sabertooth is the editor-in-chief of a paper managed by Howard Stark, employing Batman as the head of an investigative journalism squad whose star reporter, The Incredible Hulk, helped by lawyers on both sides of an explosive child abuse case (including Drs Manhattan and Erskine) manages to dig up the truth, bringing closure to the lives of many.

Here's a hint: The year prior, one of the Best Picture nominees starred Batman as a cheap hustler who, with his girlfriend Lois Lane, gets caught by Rocket Racoon trying to pull some shady shit, and to get out of it, are forced to entrap Hawkeye for his own share of shady shit, but the deal is almost blown up in three different ways because Batman's wife, Mystique, is a nail-polish huffing moron who complicates everything she touches.

Better than Ian McKellen and the incomparable Tilda Swinton? What in the blazes?

Have you seen Take Shelter? Better performance than anything I've seen the other two in. As much as I love Ian in particular.

Dude was amazing in Bug too.

Man smh at spotlight beating fury road for best picture. 2017 is the first time I've had no qualms with a best picture winner in a few years

Sabertooth is the editor-in-chief of a paper managed by Howard Stark, employing Batman as the head of an investigative journalism squad whose star reporter, The Incredible Hulk, helped by lawyers on both sides of an explosive child abuse case (including Drs Manhattan and Erskine) manages to dig up the truth, bringing closure to the lives of many.

Dr. Strange's girlfriend was also in that one.

Here's a hint: The year prior, one of the Best Picture nominees starred Batman as a cheap hustler who, with his girlfriend Lois Lane, gets caught by Rocket Racoon trying to pull some shady shit, and to get out of it, are forced to entrap Hawkeye for his own share of shady shit, but the deal is almost blown up in three different ways because Batman's wife, Mystique, is a nail-polish huffing moron who complicates everything she touches.

We had a whole thread of playing this game. No need to shine a spotlight on it.

Burt

Michael Shannon in The Night Before deserved the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for that year, the year before, and the year after.

This'll work out fine.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Are Oscar winners Heath Ledger and Natalie Portman good enough for you?

personally, I'd put more effort to see a movie with Michael Shannon in it then I would either McKellen or Swinton. I love Swinton too.

deleted

First time I heard about Brosnan for Cable. I don't know too much about the Comic character, but Reynolds playing of a former James Bond playing the straight man would be awesome. It would provide enough meta gags too....

Having Michael Shannon could work amazingly well too, with him being a former DC actor and he proved time and time again that he can play comical serious.

What about Jon Hamm btw?

Saya

Fuck yes, Michael Shannon is one of the best actors right now. He can very funny as well. He stole the show in The Night Before. Hilarious dude.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Atlanta breakout Zazie Beetz is already cast as the super-powered merc named Domino.

Hold on when was this annouced?
I always assummed domino was albino, or had hyper white skin due to mutations.
They gonna powder the chick white?
Or gonna invert the colors.

P.S Dont think ive ever seen an albino in a big role in a major hollywood picture...a part of me was really hoping Domino would actually be albino...it would settle the comic debate somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom