• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Fox Reportedly Eying Kerry Washington for Deadpool 2’s Domino

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntinosaur

Not my domino...

438241bca139fd7d09abbfd63a271070.jpg

TalonJH

I like Washington but I don't think this part is for her. I feel like she will just play the part as Olivia Pope. That being said, I trust their judgment.

The actors had great chemistry, not amazing performances. I dunno, just don't see it. I'm afraid of a "Don Cheadle War Machine" situation in which the base actor is good but the chemistry isn't there.

I love Cheadle but Terrence Howard will forever be my Rhodey.

He's more than ready.

pierce-brosnan-fat.jpg

All jokes aside, he's a good actor so he (and a couple stuntsmen) could make this work.

Surprised Sienna Miller refused the role since she's not exactly a big name. Who turns down the opportunity to star in the sequel to one of the biggest hits of all time? A mess. Oh, well, if Kerry says yes, it'll be awesome.

SCIMITAR

kunonabi

I like Washington but I don't think this part is for her. I feel like she will just play the part as Olivia Pope. That being said, I trust their judgment.

I love Cheadle but Terrence Howard will forever be my Rhodey.

Same here. I like Cheadle much better as an actor but he never clicked with Jr. like Howard did.

Bladenic

Wait they offered it to Sienna Miller, a shitty actress who's biggest role was the wife of the sniper dude, and she turned it down? The nerve.

No idea who that other name is.

I can only see Kerry as Olivia Pope, but she may be good. I feel like I remember her doing well on SNL, which isn't at all the same, but she may have some comedic wit yet.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Eh, I'll be the dissenting opinion I guess; if this is true, I'm not a fan. I think she's a good actress (though I really didn't like her part in Django), but I haven't seen anything in her filmography that I'm super blown away by.

I love Kerry, but I don't think this is a good fit for her. She was really good in the HBO show/movie about Clarence Thomas.

LionPride

Banned
Wait they offered it to Sienna Miller, a shitty actress who's biggest role was the wife of the sniper dude, and she turned it down? The nerve.

No idea who that other name is.

I can only see Kerry as Olivia Pope, but she may be good. I feel like I remember her doing well on SNL, which isn't at all the same, but she may have some comedic wit yet.
Gugu is great. I would say watch Beyond the Lights but Nate Parker is in it so...

Watch Belle instead

- J - D -

Isn't Kerry a bit old for the role? All the other mentioned names so far, such as Lizzy Caplan or Mackenzie Davis, are all much younger. Don't get me wrong Kerry is great, but I always see Domino in her default appearance(s) as young-ish.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not against it, but that'd be a weird casting choice.

Though, I only know of Domino from that (IMO terrible) "Sex and Violence" X-force trade where she does Wolverine and gets him into bullshit because she stole from a cartel.

Gugu is great. I would say watch Beyond the Lights but Nate Parker is in it so...

Watch Belle instead

I watched it before I knew what a piece of shit he was. I enjoyed it for what it was. Belle was good. Also, San Junipero, the episode of Black Mirror she co-starred in is excellent.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
...I thought Vanessa was Domino? Or was that Copycat pretending to be Domino or something?

Slayven

I don't mind her playing Domino, but I think she is worth a hell of a lot more then a love interest.

By herself could pull a whole new audience into the movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom