• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Janelle Monáe New Frontrunner For Deadpool 2's Domino [Update: Nope]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musician-turned-actor Janelle Monáe is the new frontrunner for the role of Domino in 20th Century Fox's untitled Deadpool sequel, according to The Hashtag Show. Citing unnamed sources, show co-host Joe Deckelmeier says that the Hidden Figures actor is "the new frontrunner."

The 31-year-old Monáe segued from music to acting in 2016 with supporting roles in both Hidden Figures and Moonlight. She also performed voice-over work in Rio and American Dad.

Kerry Washington was previously rumored to be the frontrunner for Domino (also via The Hashtag Show's sources).

Quite a lot of people rumored for this role now.

Ronin Ray

Off topic but I really wish she could perform the Superbowl half time show. How was she in hidden figures ? I have only seen moonlight

brawly

Would've liked Elizabeth Debicki (The Man from U.N.C.L.E)

af9f0c792d647b5458418742ce0fbd32.jpg

though she's in GotG2 and taller than Ryan.

I googled her and her hair immediately reminded me of Jotaro Kujo.

Haven't seen her performance in anything so I can't comment on that, though just visually I could definitely see her as Domino.

VAD

Isn't Domino supposed to be super white? How does that work with a black actress? Whiteface? In before various outrages.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Isn't Domino supposed to be super white? How does that work with a black actress? Whiteface? In before various outrages.

her skin color is the result of her mutation, so she can be any ethnicity

Ristifer

For those talking about a new album, I saw a post on Genius that said she was putting the finishing touches on it over a month ago. So, she might already be finishing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom