• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Deadpool 2’ Domino Shortlist Includes Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Lizzy Caplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Banned
domino-deadpool.jpg

While the sequel doesn’t yet have a firm release date, development is moving right along on Deadpool 2, and director Tim Miller and the film’s producers are now looking towards casting a key female role. Sources close to the production exclusively tell Collider that testing has begun for the character of Domino, and the actresses under consideration include Lizzy Caplan (Masters of Sex), Mary Elizabeth Winstead (10 Cloverfield Lane), Sienna Miller (American Sniper), Sofia Boutella (Star Trek Beyond), Stephanie Sigman (Spectre), and Sylvia Hoeks (Overspel).There could be other actresses included in the mix, but sources tell us that at least these six performers have tested or are going to test for the role.

Like Deadpool, Domino is a mercenary and a mutant, and her powers include the ability to initiate random telekinetic acts that turn probability in her favor. Additionally, she has a close connection to the mutant Cable, as her comics history found her becoming a partner, confidante, and lover of the mutant and frequent frenemy of Deadpool. It was previously confirmed during the post-credits sequence for Deadpool that Cable will appear in Deadpool 2, so the inclusion of Domino in the sequel as well makes sense.

Source

Anung

Un Rama
Lizzy or Winstead would be fantastic additions. I think Winstead could play off Deadpool really well.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm more concerned with who Cable is going to be played by. He is the real romantic interest.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hmmmm. I feel like Mary would play it a little too deadpan to play off Deadpool and that was already Negasonic's schtick. Lizzy could the do the straight man role but add some energy to Domino.

that's a pretty diverse casting call. Good.

Its kinda weird (and unfortunate) that Miller's career didn't get a bigger bounce after she played the best worried wives in 2014 (Foxcatcher and American Sniper). But hey, this flick will likely be huge, and would be probably a great role for whoever snags it.

For some reason, just like with X-23, I thought Domino was asian...
Psylocke switching body must have fucked with my mind and I now assume all female X characters are asian.

Here's the proper link: http://collider.com/deadpool-2-domino-casting/

[Update: We’ve now learned from trusted sources four more actresses who are testing for the role of Domino in Deadpool 2, in addition to the six we reported previously: Mackenzie Davis (Halt and Catch Fire), Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black), Eve Hewson (The Knick), and Kelly Rohrbach (Baywatch). Our original story follows below.]

You trying to one up me?

MD and or MEW i can see. But i don't know if they have it in their skillset to act like Dominio supposed to act. She's not the girly type, nor does she do fake toughness.

Ruby Rose has the look and the temperament but i don't know if. She has the acting skill (not looking for oscar worthy but still).

Sofia Boutella would be another type cast role. To be honest.

Lizzy Caplan is not for me visually but she can act and his a huge personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom