• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

imBask

Banned
Why would anyone wake up before noon on the weekend, what the hell.

I feel like 9-10 is the sweetspot, you can stay up late the night before, not fuck up your sleep schedule completely and not waste your day entirely

My sister is getting married tomorrow. Need to get up early to drive there (~4 hours away)

always an excuse, you're just like Bergevin

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
John Shannon
John Shannon
@JSportsnet
NHL will be releasing a statement on goal review in Colorado. They will admit the mistake.

RIP Avs

Smiley90

What did I miss?

The Avs tied the game on a okay where Andrighetto was offside, quickly left the zone and came right back in, this time onside. Blues called for goal review and the goal was disallowed due to offside.

Faulty interpretation of the rules by the Refs, because only the zone entry leading to the goal can be reviewed - the first zone entry when Andrighetto WAS offside counts as a "separate" play, non-revieweable.

Erdrick

The Jets Lineup tonight against the Wild.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler

Ehlers-Little-Laine

Tanev-Copp-Armia

Lemieux-Matthias-Petan

Morrissey-Trouba

Enstrom-Byfuglien

Chiarot-Myers

With Helleybuck starting in net.

NHL debut of Brendan Lemieux, son of Claude Lemieux.

Ondor

Banned
The Avs tied the game on a okay where Andrighetto was offside, quickly left the zone and came right back in, this time onside. Blues called for goal review and the goal was disallowed due to offside.

Faulty interpretation of the rules by the Refs, because only the zone entry leading to the goal can be reviewed - the first zone entry when Andrighetto WAS offside counts as a "separate" play, non-revieweable.
Shouldn't they get a Leafs point for that, then? An apology doesn't do them much good.

Smiley90

watching that

-that didn't look so bad, he even got up!-

10 seconds later

-oh my god Boeser AGAIN?! oh. ouch.-

Shouldn't they get a Leafs point for that, then? An apology doesn't do them much good.

Should but won't.

I knew the NHL has it out for the Avs. First, the lottery now this.
It was offsides though.

It was a missed offside call, but it was non-reviewable. So the goal should have definitely counted, because the zone entry that led to the goal was onside.

calder

The Jets Lineup tonight against the Wild.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler

Ehlers-Little-Laine

Tanev-Copp-Armia

Lemieux-Matthias-Petan

Morrissey-Trouba

Enstrom-Byfuglien

Chiarot-Myers

With Helleybuck starting in net.

NHL debut of Brendan Lemieux, son of Claude Lemieux.

I miss Poolman but honestly it WAS true that he was much better on his natural side so Chiarot isn't a huge controversy or anything. Tanev continues to be the worst player on the team and I can't believe he's not in the AHL.

I do weirdly think they'll have a good game tonight. The Wild seem to make them elevate their play usually and the team can't suck ass EVERY game for weeks at a time, eventually they'll accidentally have a decent full team effort. Also if they continued to play horrible 40% shotshare hockey for a full month Maurice might actually get fired and I'm just not that lucky. :p

I heard a terrible rumour last week that Maurice was actually good friends with Chipman now and that Chevy wasn't averse to replacing him this summer. I pray that's not true.

Reckheim

Why not? They made a mistake and not acknowledging it would've just further muddied the offside rules.

Mistakes happen, if they acknowledge once they're going to have to do it every few days. It's just a waste of time, its not gonna change anything.

They should of just done something internally, talked to the refs.

Ondor

Banned
Mistakes happen, if they acknowledge once they're going to have to do it every few days. It's just a waste of time, its not gonna change anything.

I see what you mean but I think because it involved the oft-maligned offside challenge and it was such an egregious breach of the rules that it warranted further clarification, and in this case specifically, an apology.

Parch

They mentioned on Hockey Central at Noon that the NHL was going to release a statement about the Av off side situation.
The league screwed up. It should not have been review-able, but I wouldn't be expecting much of an "apology". They'll probably go with some lame rule misinterpretation excuse.

The more often this stuff gets addressed publicly the more pressure they put on themselves and on the refs to be better. It's a good thing. It won't change things over night, but it is a good thing long term.

Lineup for Habs Tonight

Pacioretty - Drouin - Galchenyuk
Lehkonen - Plekanec - Hemsky
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - de la Rose - Gallagher
Mitchell

Mete - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Benn - Morrow
Davidson

Price
Montoya

Gallagher on the 4th 😬

imBask

Banned
Galchenyuk on the first again after a bad game screams "oh shit we suck let's showcase him" to me

2 games after putting him on the 4th line, but we already know that this management doesn't really plan anything long term

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Lineup for Habs Tonight

Gallagher on the 4th 😬

It hurts seeing Gallagher have absolutely no effect on a game. Dude put in too much and has been beaten down over the years.

Galchenyuk on the first again after a bad game screams "oh shit we suck let's showcase him" to me

2 games after putting him on the 4th line, but we already know that this management doesn't really plan anything long term

I'm alright with giving him another on that line. Too often we complained about him getting one shot on the top line before being demoted again. Give him a few games to get into a groove.

Syrinx

Stelio Dan killing it for the Wheat Kings so far. Potentially awesome pick for the Canes.

And I totally didn't make this post just to call him Stelio Dan. Nope, not me.

calder

Catching a bus in front of MTS Centre and there’s like 2 dozen dudes in Wild jerseys milling around gross.

I’m going up to each and yelling “FUBAR!?” and offering to fight them just in case.

Pikma

Banned
Catching a bus in front of MTS Centre and there’s like 2 dozen dudes in Wild jerseys milling around gross.

I’m going up to each and yelling “FUBAR!?” and offering to fight them just in case.
You're too old to fight, I wouldn't recommend it.

calder

Let's gettim Calder

Just like we were taught back in Eton on the Berkshire, back to back and we'll sort this rabble out!

vivAhZ4.jpg

Pikma

Banned
Is the Score app broken or are the Canucks really outshooting the Sabres 8-1

What the hell how can the sabres be this bad

Top Bottom