• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

yagal

There are 5 teams for the 4 C1 spot in Italy
Juve
Napoli
AC Milan
Roma
Inter

This gonna be ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ better than last year

Blablurn

tumblr_oszziqdP9X1r1k079o1_540.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nelson Semedo to Barcelona for 30mill+5mill via objectives is apparently official.

Peterpan

As an AC Milan fan for 15 years now, these last few years have been the hardest to watch. I'm glad the Banter era is finally over. No more being mocked by the likes of Everton and Leicester fans, feels good man. Finally I can play with my team on FIFA again and actually enjoy myself.

On another note if we sign Aubameyang think we good to go, on paper anyway. Just hope we gel fast enough for the new season.

Moobabe

Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek and Aké gone

ffs they never learn

This is what I don't understand (rant incoming...)

We used the least players in the league last year, I think, bar Burnley.

This year every top PL side looks stronger. We will also, MINIMUM, be facing 6 extra games in the CL.

Bakayoko might miss the start of the season. Matic is going. Loftus Cheek has gone on loan.

And now we've let Chalobah go for £5m? Who's going to cover in midfield? Are we going to get through the opening of the season with Kante and Fabregas? What if one gets injured?

I don't understand why we couldn't have given Chalobah some assurances about playing in that squad - we simply DO NOT HAVE THE COVER in that area.

@SkyKaveh
Sky Italy: Sampdoria want Jack Wilshere. Arsenal asking for £9m

Arsenal have contacted Chelsea offering a straight swap Oxlade-Chamberlain - Matic, according to Sky Italy

A straight swap would be a joke - Ox has ONE YEAR left on his contract. I'd take Ox + 15m.

acohrs

Not surprised, Chelsea don't see youth as proper players, just capital to get and sell on for profit. Can't criticise management as we did just win the league for the 2nd time on 3 years after 5 seasons, but as fans it's nice to see our academy used for the first team rather than to make money.

OTOH, mceachran was meant to be the new bees knees alongside wilshere 5 years ago, and look at how they both turned out. So, maybe the club does know what it's doing

Moobabe

Not surprised, Chelsea don't see youth as proper players, just capital to get and sell on for profit. Can't criticise management as we did just win the league for the 2nd time on 3 years after 5 seasons, but as fans it's nice to see our academy used for the first team rather than to make money.

OTOH, mceachran was meant to be the new bees knees alongside wilshere 5 years ago, and look at how they both turned out. So, maybe the club does know what it's doing

Well - players get better playing with better players, right?

McEachran could well have developed into a good player (if not a top one) by being given the opportunity to play alongside Matic/Fabregas/Lampard etc

Loftus Cheek, I think, has made the right move. He needs games to develop his obvious talent and was not getting enough time at the club.

Chalobah though... I don't know, letting him go seems like such an odd choice. He only had a year left, yes, but we look woefully short in that area now - and how do we go about solving that? Dropping another 30-40m on someone?

And Wilshere was destined to be a top player - a seriously top player - but injuries and, I think, staying at Arsenal too long, have hampered him big time.

acohrs

It will be another young player that will play some cup games, but no important ones. The cycle repeats.

Wilshere and a lot, but not all, of the young English players suffer from bad mentality. Breaking into the first squad and getting a bumper contract too early. Other players the same age at the same clubs that aren't English make much less but often play more.

As an AC Milan fan for 15 years now, these last few years have been the hardest to watch. I'm glad the Banter era is finally over. No more being mocked by the likes of Everton and Leicester fans, feels good man. Finally I can play with my team on FIFA again and actually enjoy myself.

On another note if we sign Aubameyang think we good to go, on paper anyway. Just hope we gel fast enough for the new season.

Round 3 between us in the 2018/19 Champions League final

Peterpan

Round 3 between us in the 2018/19 Champions League final
It's round 2. I tend to have no recollection of the 2004/2005 season.

It will be just like old times.

On a more current note, I hope we get an Arsenal and AC Milan final this season (Europa League). It will be a good final and even better if we thrash them.

acohrs

I share your frustration, but remember that Luuz and Alonso came relatively late and turned out fine.

If things are still dire in a month, then I might start to panic. Hopefully Evening Standard's claim of a Chalobah buyback clause is true.

Most reports I've seen are that Chalobah had a release clause and did not sign a buyback clause...

Moobabe

I share your frustration, but remember that Luuz and Alonso came relatively late and turned out fine.

If things are still dire in a month, then I might start to panic. Hopefully Evening Standard's claim of a Chalobah buyback clause is true.

I hope so too. We tend to include them (or sell on clauses)

Losing him and Ake in the window is a real blow, as a fan. I hope, though, that reports Christensen is being given a chance is true.

Mendy next?

Man City have now officially spent more on defence than Peru, Botswana and Mauritius.

Walker cost a ton, but will certainly be a huge upgrade for City over what they had last year at RB. Should be the same case on the left side.

Jury is still out on Stones, but agree he did not impress last season.

I don't think any old City fan can complain about this as they have done their own fair share of moaning about United fans back in the 90's and 00's that could essentially have been that word for word.

I do like Walker even though last season wasn't his best. The season before though he was excellent. Should have put a sneaky bid in for Alderweireld whilst they were at it.

casiopao

Bonnuci is more or less done.

The rumour said the salary is going to be 7.5 million per season and 2 million +bonuses. Bon Bon is also going to be the new captain for Milan. No wonder he moved out to Milan this fast.O_O

Top Bottom