• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Azuran

Banned
But during the anniversary they had special ones of those every week and they gave away free jewels for a pull and everything. That's exactly why i'm worried/hesitant. The anniversary seems like the perfect time for SENA to do something like that and help balance the metagame a bit before unleashing the really difficult stuff but it's like you said, it seems too generous from them.

If those are the medals being offered, then you're better off going all out for iKairi. She's a complete game changer and none of those even come close to her utility.

I would wait, actually. We're going to get the Ariel & Flounder HSC soon (probably Friday) and they do the same thing as iKairi, minus the Curaga.

Even if you just get a Sebastian (same effect), you can just wait until this month's Coliseum is done to get a skill that reduces the cost down to 1.

The Curaga is nice, but I don't know if it is 15k jewels nice when an alternative is just around the corner.

Azuran

Banned
I would wait, actually. We're going to get the Ariel & Flounder HSC soon (probably Friday) and they do the same thing as iKairi, minus the Curaga.

Even if you just get a Sebastian (same effect), you can just wait until this month's Coliseum is done to get a skill that reduces the cost down to 1.

The Curaga is nice, but I don't know if it is 15k jewels nice when an alternative is just around the corner.

I spent 30k for mine, which I don't regret, so I see 15k as pretty cheap when it comes to one of the best medals in the game. There's also the fact that you're probably going to draw multiple epics at the same time which only helps your cause.

I did recommend waiting for Sebastian/Ariel as well if anyone is able to go for them.

Uggg, back to 10 pulls for the mercy medal. It IS 2500 pulls, but that's still 10k more than recent ones.

I guess I'll just have to go the Sebastian + 1 Gauge route.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's nice that since they only released 15 new quests that they upped the jewels to 250 when you beat every fifth one so we still get 750 for beating them all.

Skittles

ikairi emc is a total bait. just wait for the Ariel HSC and throw the 1 cost from this months coli on her or flounder. save your jewels

Grieves

I was grinding for xp and evolve medals last night to re-roll classic Donald and ran out of ap. I've now got to wait for next week to get more to use the donalds I picked up today.

Now my inventory is clogged up with classic Donalds and it will get worse tomorrow with the org xiii event. The next 0 ap event can't come soon enough for me.

I'm unlikely to get the cost skill from the coliseum as i've already dropped to #9855 and I don't think I can get much further.

I think I'm just going to save my jewels until I can guarantee a premium medal.

Credo

ikairi emc is a total bait. just wait for the Ariel HSC and throw the 1 cost from this months coli on her or flounder. save your jewels

Is Ariel a medal you can only get from the high score challenge? What if we're too weak to get ranked high enough for both the Ariel medal and the 1 cost from the coliseum? I never get better than 10000th in the coliseum rankings. With all that said, I'd really rather not blow 10k jewels probably in vain trying to get iKairi. I already wasted 9000 on it the first time around.

Paralysis is total & utter shit, so no. It's just way too finicky. First you need to have the luck that it actually activates and then you have to have the luck that an enemy doesn't attack even when they have paralyze. Better bet would be to see if anyone in your party would share a medal with sleep (I think sleep is absolute? If an enemy falls asleep, they cannot ever attack until you've woken them up by hitting them or after its effects wear off) or use a poison-skilled medal yourself and hope that poison is enough to help you kill the enemy/enemies before it/they kill you

Thanks!

Is Ariel a medal you can only get from the high score challenge? What if we're too weak to get ranked high enough for both the Ariel medal and the 1 cost from the coliseum? I never get better than 10000th in the coliseum rankings. With all that said, I'd really rather not blow 10k jewels probably in vain trying to get iKairi. I already wasted 9000 on it the first time around.

The Ariel medal is 3 cost, so even if you can't get that skill from the Colisseum, it's not all that bad. It shouldn't be too difficult to get at least an Ariel medal with no dots.

If you can only get a Sebastian medal, that 1 Cost skill is pretty much mandatory, though.

Credo

Thing is i'm really bad at HSCs. Never manage to get anything.

Same here. I play the game a lot, but I just haven't gotten the luck with pulls and won't dump money into it. I need to figure out which keyblade to dump all my resources into, but I can't decide on Olympia or Divine Rose. The multiple Meowjesties I have makes me think Olympia, but other than Meowjesty, my other best medals are green and blue, so I don't know.

Psxphile

World of FF event starts tonight, as well as the next Org XIII event:
C2BRylxUQAEpafC.jpg

C2BbtV-VIAIwC1n.jpg

Meanwhile, JP is drowning in new 2.8-related medals:
C1-6eS5UsAAJn-2.png

C1-8QvDUkAE8UTt.png

(sorry in advance for triggering anyone, it came w/ the set)

Credo

Are they kidding? Getting more than 1 copy is legit impossible.

Yeah, I can't get the second Xemnas either. I don't imagine I'll be able to unless I pour all my resources into Olympia or Divine Rose, but I don't know which to choose and really don't want to annoy people on here by posting my best medals and asking for recommendations. I couldn't complete Marluxia B either, so I guess it'll just be another incomplete XIII member for me in my collection.

Ilvocare

so apparently this version of the xemnas event is unchanged from the JP version

outside of quests 10 and 11 have like 20 less health bars to burn through or some shit

however 12 and 13 were completely unchanged

as were all the other ones beforehand

uh

t-thanks for the 5 gauge debuffer???

I can't get past the damn spider in the Xemnas event. Nowhere near strong enough to 1 turn it and no matter what defenses I put up I get murdered on its first attack.

Azuran

Banned
This Xemnas event is fucking ridiculous. Do they even play their own game? You know they fucked up when even whales need to continue in order to complete the missions.

This Xemnas event is fucking ridiculous. Do they even play their own game? You know they fucked up when even whales need to continue in order to complete the missions.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I was checking a video of a guy with some guilted Epic Medals and he couldn't even pass stage 8. I mean a Guard Armor with 50+ bars of HP and x2 Defense that kills you in one shot unless you get a Defense 3 proc every turn and you need to win within 3 minutes to get the Xemnas.

Whoever greenlit the last few fights of the Xemnas missions needs to get slapped.

Especially the last one. It has 60 bars of HP and a freaking counter. Like... why?

I managed to grab 4 Xemnas medals (I can potentially get a 5th, but it requires too much luck), so I'm done with this.

Ava Pug

I agree it's too hard. I managed to finished the event but I had to use continues for every quest after 9. Hopefully they nerf it because it's almost impossible unless you have some crazy medals.

I've only spent used 1 continue since I've started and that was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the beginning to beat one of the level 3 proud quests. Only to for a Timeless Mickey which sucked even back then lol.

Famassu

It's the weekend. I'd assume they've gotten the complaints but when/if something will happen, it'll be happen after the weekend.

Credo

"We are very sorry for the inconvenience. For our improper balancing of the Xemnas event, we are awarding all players 3000 jewels as compensation."

And then I proceed to do a 10-pull and get unusable garbage like my last 5 tries.

CRS

The only proper response is nerfing the quests and extending the duration of said quests. Anything less of a response is considered a failure to me. But I'm also not expecting them to do anything at all.

Famassu

The only proper response is nerfing the quests and extending the duration of said quests. Anything less of a response is considered a failure to me. But I'm also not expecting them to do anything at all.
I'm not sure why the pessimism. When was the last time that something "controversial" like this happened with KHUX and SQEX didn't fix it or at least bribe us to silence our criticism with free jewels? Or they usually at least did not repeat the same mistake in the next similar event (i.e. look at Christmas weekend raid boss that got a lot of criticism vs. January's), even if that particular event or broken/unbalanced-as-fuck thing wasn't "fixed"

That said, I don't quite understand why they pushed Xemnas at this point. I mean, he's number one in Org XIII, shouldn't he have been the last one? At that point, almost a year from now, quests this hard wouldn't have been as much of a joke. Even a lot of F2P players should be able to do most of it by the end of 2017, especially if we ever get Brooms (which I'm starting to doubt...), but even without them, a year of active playing should put most in the position to be able to tackle far more of the Xemnas quests than is currently possible even for people like me who have spent some money on the game.

Btw, did SQEX silently make a pretty big QOL improvement to the way the game lists Friend medals before starting a quest? Seems like now it lists the medals in the order they were last used (at least the first few) instead of always shuffling the order whenever you begin a new quest or repeat something. A really nice improvement, especially when grinding raid bosses. No need to always search the long list of Friend medals for the one medal one repeatedly uses against a raid boss.

c-murph

I'm not sure why the pessimism. When was the last time that something "controversial" like this happened with KHUX and SQEX didn't fix it or at least bribe us to silence our criticism with free jewels? Or they usually at least did not repeat the same mistake in the next similar event (i.e. look at Christmas weekend raid boss that got a lot of criticism vs. January's), even if that particular event or broken/unbalanced-as-fuck thing wasn't "fixed"

That said, I don't quite understand why they pushed Xemnas at this point. I mean, he's number one in Org XIII, shouldn't he have been the last one? At that point, almost a year from now, quests this hard wouldn't have been as much of a joke. Even a lot of F2P players should be able to do most of it by the end of 2017, especially if we ever get Brooms (which I'm starting to doubt...), but even without them, a year of active playing should put most in the position to be able to tackle far more of the Xemnas quests than is currently possible even for people like me who have spent some money on the game.

Btw, did SQEX silently make a pretty big QOL improvement to the way the game lists Friend medals before starting a quest? Seems like now it lists the medals in the order they were last used (at least the first few) instead of always shuffling the order whenever you begin a new quest or repeat something. A really nice improvement, especially when grinding raid bosses. No need to always search the long list of Friend medals for the one medal one repeatedly uses against a raid boss.

I agree. This and Brave Exvius. Every time something goes wrong. Gumi or SENA always offer some sort of compensation. Every one hates on them like they never do anything. Make no sense to me.

Top Bottom