• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

Btw, did SQEX silently make a pretty big QOL improvement to the way the game lists Friend medals before starting a quest? Seems like now it lists the medals in the order they were last used (at least the first few) instead of always shuffling the order whenever you begin a new quest or repeat something. A really nice improvement, especially when grinding raid bosses. No need to always search the long list of Friend medals for the one medal one repeatedly uses against a raid boss.

Yup. Noticed that almost right away. Very nice, there's a max guilted iXemnas that pops up from time to time for me this weekend and it's proven amazing at clearing that raid boss post level 10. I'm almost at Level 30 now.

By the by, around Level 28 SP gauge recharge starts to normalize again. I needed APP to proc every second turn to keep the damage train chugging along during my bout with Level 29.

Credo

I hate to bother you all, but if any of you have a few free minutes sometime, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me which of these keyblades I should pour all my adamantite into so that I can have a chance to clear harder content. I have 9 pieces of it right now and am too weak to get any more. My Starlight, Olympia, and Divine Rose are all level 21. I've tried to figure this out for myself and it seems like I should go with Olympia or Divine Rose, but I thought those of you who are familiar with what's required in harder content would be better able to advise me. I've listed my best medals in each category below.

Starlight (Power/Speed/Magic)
Olympia (Power/Speed)
Divine Rose (Speed/Magic)

Power:
Meowjesty (Upright) - 100%, 91%, 80%, 80%
Classic Goofy (Upright) - 91%
Maui (Upright) - 79%
SP Axel (Reverse) - No Guilt

Speed:
KH CoM King Mickey (Upright) - 91%
Larxene B (Reverse) - 65%
Flombermeow (Upright) - 100%
Halloween Sora (Upright) - 85%
Sephiroth (Reverse) - No Guilt

Magic:
Classic Donald (Upright) - 96%, 92%, 67%
Moana (Upright) - 91%
Jack Skellington (Upright) - 70%
Xion (Reverse) - 47%
Illustrated Sora & Pals (Upright) - No Guilt

If you don't have time to look through it and give your best guess at what would work best for me, that's ok. I just don't want to put all my adamantite into the wrong keyblade and lock myself out of advancing any further past where I've been stuck for a couple of months.

deanote666

I'm using Olympia with a buffed meowjesty with the 2.70 boost slot when I need the extra boost and guages.

Otherwise I use the treasure trove with the same medals.. Got 3 meowjesties on that one.

Are you using the classic goofie from the current event? I would look again at your current medals to see if you have anything better.

I want to use my other color medals but only a select few can compete with meowjesty's raw power.

I've only used starlight and divine rose for mission objectives but if you have the medals to fill it with, go for it.

Jack Skellington is a good one to use. For hard missions, don't bother using non-guilted medals unless they are a buff/debuff.

Has anyone that's gotten an ikairi gotten one that wasn't a mercy pull?

Credo

My main problem is not being able to complete objectives because I can't clear enemies in one turn. I've been able to occasionally squeak by when the enemies are green because I can use my Meowjesties, but I don't come anywhere close when I have to use my magic or speed medals. Also, I see people here getting scores 4 to 5 times higher than I can get at my best in the high score challenges, but that may be more to do with the luck of their pulls and not so much the underdevelopment of my keyblade.

deanote666

My main problem is not being able to complete objectives because I can't clear enemies in one turn. I've been able to occasionally squeak by when the enemies are green because I can use my Meowjesties, but I don't come anywhere close when I have to use my magic or speed medals. Also, I see people here getting scores 4 to 5 times higher than I can get at my best in the high score challenges, but that may be more to do with the luck of their pulls and not so much the underdevelopment of my keyblade.

I just use my meowjesties against EVERYTHING. I've got 2 100%, 1 98%. All with ABII or higher. When they are buffed with Maui and piglet/uniform kairi, not much can stand in their way.

Credo

iKairi would solve many of my problems, but I've already pulled 6 times between the original event and this current event, and I'm not going to waste 14,000 more of my jewels to get more garbage. You'd think if I did another 4 pulls (for 10 total), I would manage to get her, but after seeing Munti not get her after 7 pulls during this current event, I'm going to hold on to what I have. Between this game and FF Record Keeper, I know the danger of chasing a single thing.

Credo

A high leveled Divine Rose + your guilted Jack Skellington should be a deadly combination.

I remember someone telling me that a while back and I almost put all my resources into it, but then I got all those Meowjesties. Having those caused uncertainty, which is why I haven't upgraded anything yet. Overall, my magic and speed medals are still better than my power medals, so I may do that.

I'm still open to a few more suggestions if anyone else wants to give them. Thanks to deanote and Famassu for responding so far!

Skittles

Divine Rose should be the best keyblade for a large amount of people at this point. Jack, Larxene B, Marluxia B, Classic Donald, and Moana. I recommend getting it to +30 ASAP

Psxphile

Another farmable medal event for people who still need to raise their Nova levels, and a couple of EMCs w/ your choice of AB3/DB3 as a bonus rounds out tomorrow's offerings:

C2QxQBFUUAA93WB.png:small

Aw, I already max-guilted all 15 farmable medals. Oh well.

That deal is tempting since I'm actually in need of AB3 skills, but I think I'm gonna pass.

Sölf

I mean, that's nice an all, but I lack the evolve medals to evolve them. So I can farm them and then... die because of no inventory space. D:

Sölf;228465485 said:
I mean, that's nice an all, but I lack the evolve medals to evolve them. So I can farm them and then... die because of no inventory space. D:

Last time 6*s dropped at a tolerable rate, this time should be no different. Biggest barrier will be AP I guess.

I've been averaging five 5*s and one 6* Paine each run. At 5 AP that's not bad at all. I've been combining and selling the 5* for avatar coins and feeding the 6*s for rerolls.

Credo

Reminder that it won't be an all epics deal. You're pulling from the Tier 2s as well.

As much as I want to pull, that's probably why I won't. My last pull got me all of 2 epics and the rest were trash.

Also, I guess Xemnas won't be adjusted and it's just there for the whaliest of the whales.

Edit: Stuff like today's quest is why I bothered putting up that post yesterday asking for advice. As I am now, I can't even kill a Morning Star to clear that objective. Feels bad.

Skittles

I remember someone telling me that a while back and I almost put all my resources into it, but then I got all those Meowjesties. Having those caused uncertainty, which is why I haven't upgraded anything yet. Overall, my magic and speed medals are still better than my power medals, so I may do that.

I'm still open to a few more suggestions if anyone else wants to give them. Thanks to deanote and Famassu for responding so far!
How much adamantite do you have?

Grieves

Do you have a Christmas Sora? I've got a setup similar to yours but I use Christmas Sora to boost my medals.

Or maybe using a piglet as your first medal.

Grieves

I got through using Christmas Sora Xion Classic Donald Jack Skeleton and I can't remember what my other medal is but it's an org 13 medal.

The difference is my three wishes is level 24. The multipliers seem to go up quite a bit between levels 20-25.

I would advise raising your power / speed / magic keyblades by two levels each but others are recommending you raise divine rose which will also help you loads. My divine rose is level 21 so I don't find it as useful as the others yet.

Credo

what buff medals do you have?

I'm sure I'll probably forget one since I can't check it right now, but the ones I'm using are Christmas Sora and Moana for magic (both guilted), Pooh (not guilted) and Maui (guilted) for power, and either KH2 Kairi or KH2 Aerith for speed (neither guilted).

I'd really love to get iKairi to solve all my buff problems at once, but I've already pulled 6 times on that and gotten nothing worth using, so I'd rather save the rest of my jewels for a banner that's a little more of a guarantee in quality.

Skittles

I'm sure I'll probably forget one since I can't check it right now, but the ones I'm using are Christmas Sora and Moana for magic (both guilted), Pooh (not guilted) and Maui (guilted) for power, and either KH2 Kairi or KH2 Aerith for speed (neither guilted).

I'd really love to get iKairi to solve all my buff problems at once, but I've already pulled 6 times on that and gotten nothing worth using, so I'd rather save the rest of my jewels for a banner that's a little more of a guarantee in quality.
So your setups for olympia are
AOE:
christmas sora
pooh
maui
classic goofy
HT Sora (flowermeow works too)

single:
christmas sora
pooh
maui
meowjesty
KH CoM King Mickey

and for divine rose
single:
christmas sora
pooh
moana
classic donald
larxene b

aoe:
christmas sora
pooh
classic donald
jack skellington
larxene b (or strongest AOE speed)

your AOE on olympia is stronger so I would pump it just enough to where you can do the adam quests for olympia/treasure trove, then pump DR to do DR/TW/LL quests. You're going to need APP on a few of those medals though(christmas sora is a good target)

Also, are you in a good party?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm glad I rolled 97% on my first try with Donald but I never got a boosted one. :(
I got a boosted Donald this morning and so I rolled my 97% one into him so I wouldn't lose the boosted attack and got 82%. 4 rolls later I got him back up to 97%. I'll just drop 3 mirrors into him to max him out if I can't raise it the next time he shows up.

Munti

Well yeah, I really did it. I gave up myself (to the darkness!!) for an iKairi. The desire was too great.

I needed 6000 jewels for my last three pulls to get a definitely one.
I then figured out that if I purchase the weekly unlock from last week and from this week together, it will be cheapier this way. So yeah, I wasted a weekly unlock on a sunday evening and bought a second one the next day.
Feels bad and ashamed to pay so much just for a digital item :(. But atleast it wasn't tooooo expensive and I can endure it. This was (hopefully) an one-time-thing in my life and will not chase after a medal again.

So, I want to see my iKairi crash'em all now!!!

c-murph

Well yeah, I really did it. I gave up myself (to the darkness!!) for an iKairi. The desire was too great.

I then figured out that if I purchase the weekly unlock from last week and from this week together, it will be cheapier this way. So yeah, I wasted a weekly unlock on a sunday evening and bought a second one the next day.
Feels bad and ashamed to pay so much just for a digital item :(. But atleast it wasn't tooooo expensive and I can endure it. This was (hopefully) an one-time-thing in my life and will not chase after a medal again.

No judgement here. iKairi is a game changer. Now get saving for iKairi2.

Worth it, bro.

Grieves

So what missions should I actually be playing? Just story? Cause the events rolled me pretty good. Also how does Coliseum work again?
Coliseum resets every month. Get as far as you can and spend coins on the coliseum boards.

It depends on whether you can guilt yet as to whether it's worth doing the nova event. Probably not worth you doing the org 13 event as it's really tough.

You can earn xp and evolve medals in special quests to level up your medals.

Skittles

So what missions should I actually be playing? Just story? Cause the events rolled me pretty good. Also how does Coliseum work again?
do the nova event and the donald event when it comes up. the boosted donald medal is one of the best we've ever gotten. grab one xemnas from the event if you can, best to ignore it if you can't though

Permanently A

Coliseum resets every month. Get as far as you can and spend coins on the coliseum boards.

It depends on whether you can guilt yet as to whether it's worth doing the nova event. Probably not worth you doing the org 13 event as it's really tough.

You can earn xp and evolve medals in special quests to level up your medals.

I can guilt, what do I do with the extra medals from the event? Use them as level fodder?

do the nova event and the donald event when it comes up. the boosted donald medal is one of the best we've ever gotten. grab one xemnas from the event if you can, best to ignore it if you can't though

I'll try it but probably too tough for me.

Also how do I raise Keyblade cost again?

Psxphile

I can guilt, what do I do with the extra medals from the event? Use them as level fodder?

Probably best to sell those medals. If you have a lot merge them and fill in their pips, if you sell them that way you'll also get Avatar coins.

You can raise cost by buying cost nodes on the Avatar boards. There's finite number of 'em so try to find them all.

Permanently A

Probably best to sell those medals. If you have a lot merge them and fill in their pips, if you sell them that way you'll also get Avatar coins.

You can raise cost by buying cost nodes on the Avatar boards. There's finite number of 'em so try to find them all.

Dang looks like I already bought all the cost nodes except for the jewel costing avatar boards. Those worth buying or just keep saving?

Thanks for the tip on filling in the pips before selling.

Grieves

You can use them for xp but I just sell them. I should combine them before I sell them for the avatar coins but keep forgetting.

You raise keyblade cost limit through avatar boards.

Azuran

Banned
Dang looks like I already bought all the cost nodes except for the jewel costing avatar boards. Those worth buying or just keep saving?

All the jewel avatar boards with costs are must have as you get deeper into the game. It's literally impossible to have a keyblade full of 6* medals without them.

Grieves

You'll open more avatar boards as you level up but stop getting cost nodes after about level 220.

You will need to buy the jewel costing avatar boards to be able to equip all six star medals.

Psxphile

I've already farmed over 250 avatar coins, this is insane.

A single board can easily suck up all those coins, especially the ones you get at higher levels.

When unlocking nodes, prioritize AP, Cost and HP nodes. Both genders, every node you can unlock matters for your character. Only unlock avatar part nodes if they're blocking you from the first three. At higher levels, cost nodes fall off and are soon replaced by Chip/Dale/Cid nodes on the new boards. I would definitely suggest unlocking those because you can never have enough.

Top Bottom