• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Is belle a good medal for poison+? I have a 5* with poison, but pulled a 6* with 3 dots so was thinking of putting that on her and using the 6* when I need a poison proc in colliseum, I have a guilt Ed antiform Sora but he's a single target so belle gets used more atm

I'd say yes. At least, that's what I have on my Belle. I think a Paralysis+ or a Defense Boost work just as well.

Psxphile

Donald is back

Just saw that, time to grind.

EDIT: took me a half-hour to get a boosted Donald, and almost another hour to max it. To me today's drops seem a lot worse than Sunday's, I was getting nothing but moogles for several runs straight. Finally decided to take off Item drop perk and see if that made a difference. It... kinda did, but drops were still few and far between.

Ilvocare

so what's everyone's goals for solo ranks this week and how much lux have you grinded up

I'm like 3.9mil in now, and I'm somewhere in the 100s. I hope that come the weekend I can have an extra-big push and crack into the top 100. 4 magic gems would be just fucking swell!

Psxphile

so what's everyone's goals for solo ranks this week and how much lux have you grinded up

I'm like 3.9mil in now, and I'm somewhere in the 100s. I hope that come the weekend I can have an extra-big push and crack into the top 100. 4 magic gems would be just fucking swell!

Wait until the weekend and grind the shit out of who's-that-pokemon. Without Double Lux it's not really worth it to grind the regular Raid bosses, even if they made it easier to summon them.

Ilvocare

Wait until the weekend and grind the shit out of who's-that-pokemon. Without Double Lux it's not really worth it to grind the regular Raid bosses, even if they made it easier to summon them.

no reason to let my AP stay wasted now

if I have a base of 15mil by week's end to springboard off of, that's TECHNICALLY less work in the endgame, right?

EDIT: also this is a better value proposition for me in terms of exp and evo medals that I've been scarce of

I have so many goddamn hueys now

Credo

25 battles, 10 Donalds. 5 more battles, no Donalds. Next battle, 2 boosted Donalds at once. Talk about random.

And then I rolled 41%. I am both thankful and thoroughly unamused.

Sölf

I just spent all of my 177 AP until I had only 2 left. Not a single boosted Donald, but I probably got 20-30+ of the 5* ones. Seriously game, give me a boosted one, I have no room for the normal ones anymore. D:

c-murph

QppIjjg.png

My Donald Keyblade. All Boosted versions of Donald with 95%, 89%, 87%, 86% and 77% guilt.

Sölf;228044699 said:
I just spent all of my 177 AP until I had only 2 left. Not a single boosted Donald, but I probably got 20-30+ of the 5* ones. Seriously game, give me a boosted one, I have no room for the normal ones anymore. D:

I have the item drop perk +9 on my character. Seemed to help in the Boosted drops unless I just got lucky.

Sölf

I also have either +9 or even +12. ANd since my AP ran out, it's now 2:30 AM here and the quest will disappear once I wake up, I have to do it the next time. >_>

Just used about 70AP and managed to get one 6 star Donald and a lot of 5 stars obviously.
No skills though. :/
Although after getting like 30+ 4 star Goofys, I only got one 5 Star Goofy, and still never got a 6 star. :/

Also, once a character has 10/10 skill, I can't get it any better can I?
Only have one skill, and it's on Xion. 10/10 34% trigger rate.

(Also excuse my ignorance but what does Boosted mean?)

lyrick

Sölf;228044699 said:

Same story after all 188AP and some recharge time... So closer to 200+. After 40 something runs I combined my 16 5-star Donalds and sold them for 12 avatar coins.

Fuck this event.

I missed the previous appearances, but I did pretty well just now. In 40 runs I got 3 Boosted drops + 23 normal drops + the reward one.

My first boosted Donald rolled 51% -> 65% -> 70% and my second one rolled 97% right off the bat. I need more blue exp units, but for now the 97% was mirrored to 100% and the other two will probably be rerolled until they are 85% minimum before calling it quits.

c-murph

Just used about 70AP and managed to get one 6 star Donald and a lot of 5 stars obviously.
Although after getting like 30+ 4 star Goofys, I only got one 5 Star Goofy, and still never got a 6 star. :/

Sometimes when you buy a medal the total atk power is Boosted by 1000. It is indicated by a yellow color over the numbers instead of the normal white. In this specific event if you get a 6* Donald it'll have the boosted attack power in yellow. I think this is the only event to ever have a chance at a boosted medal. Although, I could be wrong. It's a pretty high powered medal. So, if you're a new player you should try to get a boosted medal and guilt it to a high percent.

Azuran

Banned
Sometimes when you buy a medal the total atk power is Boosted by 1000. It is indicated by a yellow color over the numbers instead of the normal white. In this specific event if you get a 6* Donald it'll have the boosted attack power in yellow. I think this is the only event to ever have a chance at a boosted medal. Although, I could be wrong. It's a pretty high powered medal. So, if you're a new player you should try to get a boosted medal and guilt it to a high percent.

He already has a boosted one if he got that 6* Donald from a drop.

Famassu

Events like the current Donald & Goofy ones don't give medals with skills. Skills are gotten from premium avatar boards that are available for a limited time (and which requires jewels), Coliseum (the Coliseum boards give you some decent skills, but the best are always tied to ranking high in the monthly Coliseum rankings) and High Score Challenges (usually you have to rank pretty high, something you probably can't do yet since you're such a n00b still :p). The medals you pull from the shop can also randomly have some (weak) skills. Not sure if the basic farmable medals can have skills attached to them?

Psxphile

Events like the current Donald & Goofy ones don't give medals with skills. Skills are gotten from premium avatar boards that are available for a limited time (and which requires jewels), Coliseum (the Coliseum boards give you some decent skills, but the best are always tied to ranking high in the monthly Coliseum rankings) and High Score Challenges (usually you have to rank pretty high, something you probably can't do yet since you're such a n00b still :p). The medals you pull from the shop can also randomly have some (weak) skills. Not sure if the basic farmable medals can have skills attached to them?

Drops? No, never.

To add to what what was said about skills: every skill has can be "leveled" (thus increasing activation percentage) by bringing the medal into a mission. Raid Bosses and quests w/ lots of Heartless to kill seem to level up skills the fastest (there's also a V.I.P. quest that can level up a skill several times in one go). You can also merge a medal w/ a skill into another medal to transfer the skill (you'll lose the first medal, though). Anything other than a completely leveled skill will have a low chance of transferring (fully-leveled and Scrooge medals transfer at 100%), but the medal has to be in the first slot to do it. You can also overwrite a medal that already has a skill w/ another skill. The game will prompt you if you want to go through with it, as you'll erase the original skill. Transferred skills will need to be leveled up again.

Skills include the Attack Boosts (I, II, III), Defense Boosts (I, II, III), Sleep, Paralysis, Poison, Attack Prize Plus (great for restoring SP gauge), No Cost, One Cost, etc. Some are passive and some are only activated by tap and/or swipe attacking. Some won't activate if you use a medal's special ability.

creid

Honestly, it's not that bad since you can reroll as many times as you want. Sure, getting 46% the first time can be annoying but it shouldn't take long getting it to the 90s.

Maybe so. I don't have much patience for this kind of grinding though, so I was hoping to do as few rerolls as possible.
I guilted 62% > 62% > 62% and am now out of evolve mats ;-;

doemaaan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just read that the cinematic movie for KHX (on 2.8 FCP) will be based around stuff that DIDN'T happen in the mobile game. Is that true??

I was always under the impression that I could just watch the movie and it'd bring me up to speed on that prologue story. Tried playing the game, but it got boring and tedious after a week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I just read that the cinematic movie for KHX (on 2.8 FCP) will be based around stuff that DIDN'T happen in the mobile game. Is that true??

I was always under the impression that I could just watch the movie and it'd bring me up to speed on that prologue story. Tried playing the game, but it got boring and tedious after a week.

The game shows things from the player's perspective whereas the movie shows things from the Foreteller's perspective. There are events in the game that are not shown in the movie and vice versa.

I'd say yes. At least, that's what I have on my Belle. I think a Paralysis+ or a Defense Boost work just as well.
Thanks.
I have defense boosts on my buffers. However, I'm stuck on a gigas shadow round on this month's colliseum, would paralysis+ be my best bet? I have Minnie to heal with poison on her.

Famassu

Thanks.
I have defense boosts on my buffers. However, I'm stuck on a gigas shadow round on this month's colliseum, would paralysis+ be my best bet? I have Minnie to heal with poison on her.
Paralysis is total & utter shit, so no. It's just way too finicky. First you need to have the luck that it actually activates and then you have to have the luck that an enemy doesn't attack even when they have paralyze. Better bet would be to see if anyone in your party would share a medal with sleep (I think sleep is absolute? If an enemy falls asleep, they cannot ever attack until you've woken them up by hitting them or after its effects wear off) or use a poison-skilled medal yourself and hope that poison is enough to help you kill the enemy/enemies before it/they kill you

lyrick

When it's up...Is everyone playing the same Donald Quest?

I've only had the Alice tea party area with lvl 25 heartless (2xTornado Step, 1xWibble Wobble, 4xsoldier, 1xNeoShadow, 1xWibble Wobble&2xTornado Step)

Is there a different area with better drops?

When it's up...Is everyone playing the same Donald Quest?

I've only had the Alice tea party area with lvl 25 heartless (2xTornado Step, 1xWibble Wobble, 4xsoldier, 1xNeoShadow, 1xWibble Wobble&2xTornado Step)

Is there a different area with better drops?

Nope, that's it

Ilvocare

Paralysis is total & utter shit, so no. It's just way too finicky. First you need to have the luck that it actually activates and then you have to have the luck that an enemy doesn't attack even when they have paralyze. Better bet would be to see if anyone in your party would share a medal with sleep (I think sleep is absolute? If an enemy falls asleep, they cannot ever attack until you've woken them up by hitting them or after its effects wear off) or use a poison-skilled medal yourself and hope that poison is enough to help you kill the enemy/enemies before it/they kill you

If he's struggling in the colosseum, then there's no friend medals for him to take advantage of, anyways. He'd have to give a medal Sleep or Sleep+ himself.

also Minnie and Defense Boost seem to go really well together I think

Famassu

If he's struggling in the colosseum, then there's no friend medals for him to take advantage of, anyways. He'd have to give a medal Sleep or Sleep+ himself.

also Minnie and Defense Boost seem to go really well together I think
Oh yeah, forgot about that :p Well, put Sleep on one of your own medals and use it as the last medal in your keyblade slots.

Thanks for the heads up! I looked and it was indeed Yellow. It's my only yellow one atm. So I think I'm going to level it up like crazy since it will probably become my best medal with the extra 1k power. lol.

The game shows things from the player's perspective whereas the movie shows things from the Foreteller's perspective. There are events in the game that are not shown in the movie and vice versa.

So one shouldn't just skip the mobile game and watch the movie instead?
Good thing I started playing then. lol

I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would. I thought at first I would find the game to be a chore to play for the story. But now I'm sad my AP goes away so quickly. :p

Famassu

Well, 525 quests in, almost zero things of importance has happened in the story of Unchained X so far. I mean, there IS a story (post quest #200), but it just feels like we are at the edges of it all and just seeing bits & pieces of some important events or just seeing some side effects of them that imply a little bit of the larger things that are happening behind the scenes, but then we go ahead on another 50 quest long storyline about ZOMG NEW MONSTERS APPEARING IN AGRABAH. At this point all we know is that there's some schism between the Foretellers and that's spilling out to the regular keyblade wielders starting to act a bit more hostile towards each other. I imagine Back Cover will where the actually meaty things happen while Unchained X really only shows some consequences of it (i.e. the different factions start to fight over light/lux), often in the most boring way imaginable.

c-murph

Well, 525 quests in, almost zero things of importance has happened in the story of Unchained X so far. I mean, there IS a story (post quest #200), but it just feels like we are at the edges of it all and just seeing bits & pieces of some important events or just seeing some side effects of them that imply a little bit of the larger things that are happening behind the scenes, but then we go ahead on another 50 quest long storyline about ZOMG NEW MONSTERS APPEARING IN AGRABAH. At this point all we know is that there's some schism between the Foretellers and that's spilling out to the regular keyblade wielders starting to act a bit more hostile towards each other. I imagine Back Cover will where the actually meaty things happen while Unchained X really only shows some consequences of it (i.e. the different factions start to fight over light/lux), often in the most boring way imaginable.

There's no story. It's just a normal mobile gambling game with KH Character license.

Psxphile

iKairi EMC is back and she brings fishy fun to KHUx:

Also Story quests! Will we finally get to meet Skuld?

Can't wait for multiplayer! Looks pretty good

https://twitter.com/kh_ux_na/status/819380010825830401

Wow, that looks pretty fun. And chaotic. I see comments comparing it to Valkyrie Profile though, and I'm not seeing it. Would be kinda nice, actually.

The JP side video suggests local multiplayer, though?
https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/819378288976011264

EDIT:
C16w2_jWQAgYRTN.jpg

<3 <3 <3

Psxphile

Is it worth it? I've been saving up for the possible anniversary events but IDEK if we'll get them. What do I do!?!?!

It's a pretty damn good medal. If the mercy pull stays at 5, might be worth it.

I am, however, expecting Terra and Aqua avatar boards to drop soon (they're already out in JP as you can see in my post above) and those are going to cost you some jewels too. Maybe next week.

It's a pretty damn good medal. If the mercy pull stays at 5, might be worth it.

I am, however, expecting Terra and Aqua avatar boards to drop soon (they're already out in JP as you can see in my post above) and those are going to cost you some jewels too. Maybe next week.
I mean, of course it's the best medal in the meta right now but the anniversary events would be better in every way but who knows if we'll get them. This is so difficult. I wish there wasn't even a question about us getting the anniversary events. Damn this game.

Azuran

Banned
Is it worth it? I've been saving up for the possible anniversary events but IDEK if we'll get them. What do I do!?!?!

You can always try getting Ariel & Flounder from the HSC challenge if you don't want to pull for iKairi. Not as good since it's missing the healing aspect but if you only care about the buff then it's a perfect replacement.

There's no story. It's just a normal mobile gambling game with KH Character license.

Come on now, there's obviously an overarching story once you remove all the filler.

Skittles

I mean, of course it's the best medal in the meta right now but the anniversary events would be better in every way but who knows if we'll get them. This is so difficult. I wish there wasn't even a question about us getting the anniversary events. Damn this game.
i dont see why we wouldnt get an anniversary event. it's what ive been saving for my jewels for (unless good avatar boards pop up)

Psxphile

One year anniversary event where they had an EMC with a pool of 5 super awesome EMCs you were guaranteed to get one of and also an extra super awesome medal.

Oh, you're talking about this:
C1awjfdVQAAXeLE.jpg

You know JP has those kinds of events because their premiums actually vanish after their banner is over, right? They're limited time only. Meanwhile, ours remain in the medal pool but are incredibly elusive. It'd be nice if Global got that kind of event too but the way things stand right now, such a thing seems a little too generous for SENA.

EDIT: wow, that 101 Dalmatians medal hunt JP side's getting sounds like a pain in the ass. Still, +100 Nova level seems like a nice reward for max guilting

Oh, you're talking about this:
C1awjfdVQAAXeLE.jpg

You know JP has those kinds of events because their premiums actually vanish after their banner is over, right? They're limited time only. Meanwhile, ours remain in the medal pool but are incredibly elusive. It'd be nice if Global got that kind of event too but the way things stand right now, such a thing seems a little too generous for SENA.

But during the anniversary they had special ones of those every week and they gave away free jewels for a pull and everything. That's exactly why i'm worried/hesitant. The anniversary seems like the perfect time for SENA to do something like that and help balance the metagame a bit before unleashing the really difficult stuff but it's like you said, it seems too generous from them.

The Global anniversary is the beginning of April, right? I just hit 15,000 for the first time ever (F2P), so if we have 3 months until any special aniversary stuff then I'll probably do the 5 pulls to get iKairi now (unless there is a superior medal on the horizon that I should get instead).

Top Bottom