• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

c-murph

New limited-time, 'Super Rare Deals' (?) coming tonight.

C59wJ4hU4AENsos.png

All Epics, 5 pull mercy for each. I've only saved enough for two pulls, so I'll probably just sit this one out.

Ah, Kinda want to pull for Boss and Septh... I got like 35K saved now... But iKairi II...

I certainly hope these aren't really worth it for me either. I definitely can't go for 5 pulls right now :L
Not really worth it for where we are in the game. Have Moana/Ursula if you don't have Terra, WoFF medals if you don't have iBCM, Smee/Owl if you don't have iAnsem, etc. Its more worth it if you're a new player.

Joqu

Not really worth it for where we are in the game. Have Moana/Ursula if you don't have Terra, WoFF medals if you don't have iBCM, Smee/Owl if you don't have iAnsem, etc. Its more worth it if you're a new player.

I mean technically I've been around since the start but I might as well be a new player, so yeah. My medals are shit. :L

Psxphile

Well, seeing as how you need better medals then pulling one of these banners would be in your best interest. You stand to benefit a lot if you can get some decent buff/debuff medals in your deck, and you do have a slight chance of getting a decent premium on every pull. Plus the two 6 stars come with 3 dots, which will help you speed up the guilting process.

If your best Magic Attack +1 on hand is KH Aerith, then I can see Illustrated Terra being worth your jewels.

That's the only one I can justify, though; Illustrated Ansem is nice but he's only single-target and has a bad secondary effect, and the other three are not really worth it unless you guilt them.

Joqu

Well, seeing as how you need better medals then pulling one of these banners would be in your best interest. You stand to benefit a lot if you can get some decent buff/debuff medals in your deck, and you do have a slight chance of getting a decent premium on every pull. Plus the two 6 stars come with 3 dots, which will help you speed up the guilting process.

Gah. Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way, but I don't have nearly enough gems saved up yet though, I'm at a meager 1500. I's the end of the week too. I was planning on getting a weekly jewel deal next week for sure, and try and keep that going, but that's just one pull. My plan was to save my gems from now on for one of these deals so I could go for a mercy, and I really shouldn't pay for 5 pulls in one go. Just going for one or two pulls from one of these would feel bad.

Psxphile

Gah. Maybe I'm approaching this the wrong way, but I don't have nearly enough gems saved up yet though, I'm at a meager 1500. I's the end of the week too. I was planning on getting a weekly jewel deal next week for sure, and try and keep that going, but that's just one pull. My plan was to save my gems from now on for one of these deals so I could go for a mercy, and I really shouldn't pay for 5 pulls in one go. Just going for one or two pulls from one of these would feel bad.

It *is* best to wait for a better deal, yeah. In the meantime, I guess you can try to win some of the event medals to help pad out your attack strength. Xaldin B is due in 10 days, and who knows what else we'll get this month.

Joqu

It *is* best to wait for a better deal, yeah. In the meantime, I guess you can try to win some of the event medals to help pad out your attack strength. Xaldin B is due in 10 days, and who knows what else we'll get this month.

All right. I'll just keep on grinding then. Still have some commons I want to guilt and all that and who knows, maybe those'll do the trick for *some* progress in the meantime.

On a somewhat related note I don't think I can do today's jewel challenge's "5 of fewer special attacks". Bummer. I can use every single jewel I can get my hands on. ;-;

All right. I'll just keep on grinding then. Still have some commons I want to guilt and all that and who knows, maybe those'll do the trick for *some* progress in the meantime.

On a somewhat related note I don't think I can do today's jewel challenge's "5 of fewer special attacks". Bummer. I can use every single jewel I can get my hands on. ;-;

Heads up, for the daily jewel quests, the third "most difficult" optional objective doesn't give jewels. If you can't do that one, it's not a huge loss.

Don't forget that you don't have to 1-turn it. If you've got something with DB2 on it, stick your best buffer, that, and your three stronger magic medals on three wishes and then do buff+Nova on turn 1 and just the buff on turn 2, and regular attacks for everything else.

Joqu

That's difficult? The enemies are only level 120. >.>

ouch </3

Yeah, it was the second objective. Wasn't looking for a solution or anything though, just figured I'd give y'all an idea of the level of challenge I'm already having difficulty with. And I was somewhat surprised cuz the other days haven't given me trouble >.>

Today's was easy peasy in comparison, but hey, completely different kind of objective of course. I just lack firepower really.

deanote666

ouch </3

Yeah, it was the second objective. Wasn't looking for a solution or anything though, just figured I'd give y'all an idea of the level of challenge I'm already having difficulty with. And I was somewhat surprised cuz the other days haven't given me trouble >.>

Today's was easy peasy in comparison, but hey, completely different kind of objective of course. I just lack firepower really.

My primary attackers are meowjesty, meowjesty, and meowjesty. I have a nova level of 351 and still nothing can beat meowjesty. Meowjesty is more powerful against blue than my green medals too... I'm upset there isn't a bigger variety that can do that kind of damage without spending $700 to be able to guilt it....

And the weekend raid boss this month... 10,000,000 at level 1 and only 70 coins per defeat. HP does not go down or gauge refill does not go up... Wake me up when it's April...

My primary attackers are meowjesty, meowjesty, and meowjesty. I have a nova level of 351 and still nothing can beat meowjesty. Meowjesty is more powerful against blue than my green medals too... I'm upset there isn't a bigger variety that can do that kind of damage without spending $700 to be able to guilt it....

And the weekend raid boss this month... 10,000,000 at level 1 and only 70 coins per defeat. HP does not go down or gauge refill does not go up... Wake me up when it's April...
Well that will make the whole raid boss nonsense this month a lot easier, barely had time for the last event and they actually gave medals out (granted they weren't that good...). But I don't need Chip/Dales that badly, I already have a bunch of them.

In other news, the great MoG grind is finally done, finished the 5th adamantite quest last week and did the last set of material quests today. So all of those adamantite quests are done and only need to do the MoG quests with its keyblade for the 3-mickeys.

Still need to find a way to do the proud+ now though...

Grieves

I've been trying to get Kupo leaves all day and I just can't do it. The Pester Jester with the lvl 255 fleet are brutal. I haven't even seen the target enemy. Looks like my MoG is staying at +3 a while longer.

I did a couple of raid bosses but they are far too grindy so I don't think I can be arsed doing any more.

When is season 2 supposed to start? Last I heard it was January.

I've been trying to get Kupo leaves all day and I just can't do it. The Pester Jester with the lvl 255 fleet are brutal. I haven't even seen the target enemy. Looks like my MoG is staying at +3 a while longer.

I did a couple of raid bosses but they are far too grindy so I don't think I can be arsed doing any more.

If you end up with the level 255 fight, just quit out and try again. It's not really worth it to fight that spawn.

Also, we've gotten two bad monthly raid bosses in a row now for the first time. Great.

deanote666

I used this site to 3 Mickey all the Moogle keyblade quests.
http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Get_the_Moogle_O'_Glory_and_level_it_up,_kupo!

Don't have any accessories with the rare enemy perk and aim for a run with the fewest possible spawns for the 1 turn, no continue objective. Then equip accessories with the rare enemy perk for the number of enemy objective.

Use the site to predict if there are enough enemies to meet the number of enemies defeated objective on whether you want to use a continue or not.

Best to wait for a 0AP event for this though since you will have a LOT of retries to get the perfect run for mission objectives.

Grieves

Thanks for the advice. In desperation I tried it with Starlight and got much better results. After a few attempts I was able to get through. I didn't get any of the objectives but I got Kupo leaves so MoG up to +4.

On to Kupo blossoms but I've run out of AP.

I only got Starlight up to lvl 25 last week and this is the second time it has got me through a mission that I was struggling with using other keyblades. I wish I hadn't neglected it for so long.

How coincidental you guys are talking about the MoG quests today, because I just finished getting all 3 objectives for the last one! Still have to farm the materials for leveling the blade though.

deanote666

My mog keyblade is stuck at level 24 though since I still need to beat the 5th mog adamantite quest...

What missions are the starlight keyblade good in?

creid

Any reason not to spend all of my Electrum Ore on Sleeping Lion? The next Proud keyblade isn't a big deal, is it?

Skittles

Any reason not to spend all of my Electrum Ore on Sleeping Lion? The next Proud keyblade isn't a big deal, is it?
look at what proud mode keyblade you want to upgrade and save for that. proud mode quests will only get harder, so electrum ore will get more scarce

deanote666

Thanks!

Just finished the last mog adamantite quest so no more adamantite quests! :)

Got my lion keyblade at level 24 and is currently my lowest level one.

look at what proud mode keyblade you want to upgrade and save for that. proud mode quests will only get harder, so electrum ore will get more scarce

I think that Sleeping Lion is far better than Lady Luck (which I consider to be the worst keyblade at +25). Sleeping Lion is great for upright Speed medals, and if you would rather have Reverse Speed medals then Divine Rose takes care of that just fine.

Psxphile

I need dem graphix

C6NEM_XU4AE8cHm.png:small

Not sure what's so great about this ViP quest other than it consolidates 2-3 other ViP quests into one. Also according to some comments I'm seeing JP's version of the same quest also included farmable chipmunk medals?

Azuran

Banned
I need dem graphix

C6NEM_XU4AE8cHm.png:small

Not sure what's so great about this ViP quest other than it consolidates 2-3 other ViP quests into one. Also according to some comments I'm seeing JP's version of the same quest also included farmable chipmunk medals?

Gotta make everything sound better than it actually is so people open up those wallets.

The new avatar boards have SP Attack Gauge I. For anyone who missed it in January's Coliseum, this is a must-have for your primary booster.

deanote666

So you get 20+ of each plane exp medal, 20+ of every evolve medal, 20+ of the 6 star munny medal, and a few HDL exp medals each round of the new VIP for only 5AP...

So all of my re-roll medals will be ready for a guilting event now...

Sitting at over 30,000,000 munny after spending 5,000,000 on leveling up my fodder... I was sitting at over 22,000,000 after the one week raid boss event but still...

Edit: Just got the 100,000,000 munny title, lol.

Edit: Even with this quest, I'm still running out of Mickeys... Guess I wasn't as ready as I thought for a guilting event...

Joqu

I guess it's not so great for y'all, but for me that VIP quest is just what I needed so I'm not complaining. I should've gotten last week's deal though.

The existence of this VIP quest annoys me. It means all my grinding during 0AP to get every one of my medals to 6* Lvl 100 could have been done much faster and easier. I am now kicking myself.

deanote666

The existence of this VIP quest annoys me. It means all my grinding during 0AP to get every one of my medals to 6* Lvl 100 could have been done much faster and easier. I am now kicking myself.

But you had them when you needed them, right? And you won lux for your party and union so it wasn't a complete loss.

I've sold over 4200 extra medals from this today just to keep my storage from overfilling...

Joqu

Yesss, I had free time so I guilted all farmables except for Tidus, Jiminy and Olette (still gotta find some medals for those), evolved a bunch of my medals to 5 and 6 stars and leveled all the ones I use commonly to their appropriate 5 or 6 star maximum, and finally made it past that pesky Cerberus.

Now to play until I hit my next wall :p

Yesss, I had free time so I guilted all farmables except for Tidus, Jiminy and Olette (still gotta find some medals for those), evolved a bunch of my medals to 5 and 6 stars and leveled all the ones I use commonly to their appropriate 5 or 6 star maximum, and finally made it past that pesky Cerberus.

Now to play until I hit my next wall :p

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having some serious troubles with Cerberus, too. He's the final boss of the new event, and unless you have a Dispel and DB3, He'll murder you in one attack.

I had a different problem with Cerberus - I can one-turn him no problem, but the "10 special attacks" goal was a little trickier to pull off, haha.

creid

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having some serious troubles with Cerberus, too. He's the final boss of the new event, and unless you have a Dispel and DB3, He'll murder you in one attack.
I just spent 200 jewels to blow past him. It felt like one of the cheaper ways to get a gem ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Psxphile

Someone on Reddit made a damage calculator for attack medals
http://khuxtracker.com/

Also sounds like JP KHUx are nixing data backup via Facebook, Google and mixi next month. Switch over to Twitter or Square Enix JP if you play.

I had a different problem with Cerberus - I can one-turn him no problem, but the "10 special attacks" goal was a little trickier to pull off, haha.

Same. Thankfully the third objective is just a HDL medal, got plenty of those already.

EDIT: I cleared every Proud mission available except for quest 42. That's the one that requires medals need to do 8 or more hits to activate their specials, and with the Lionheart keyblade. The only good upright speed medals I have to use are all single target and I need at least two AoE (preferebly one that buffs) to 1-turn the mission. And I have nothing that can buff AND strike multiple times. Fuuuuuuuuck.

deanote666

How is the game saved?

As in, is there any kind of cloud save or is what is on your device it?

Is there any way to back it up without facebook? (and how do you link it to facebook anyway?)

Top Bottom