• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Drown Out Richard Spencer At UF: "Fuck You Spencer!"

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So happy they wimped out and drove away. That sort of thing is exactly what I was afraid of. Out of towners coming here with no ties and killing people to make some sort of crazy point.

As a former Charlottesville resident who plans on moving back within the next year (currently live about an hour away), I hear you. It's fucking terrible.

Glad no one was killed, and hopefully we don't have to see a repeat of Charlottesville where ever these fuckholes go next.

lightus

jstripes

Banned
"He's trying to make it, normalize the idea for white people to have an identity, to advocate for their own interests and to advocate for our own existence," said Will Fears, who traveled from Texas.

What drives me crazy about this is there already is a white identity. It's called "the default".

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
What drives me crazy about this is there already is a white identity. It's called "the default".

So many amazing posts in this thread I wanna quote, I'll just start with this one for now.

I never said it was clever. I said it was a better question that would have gotten a good reaction from the crowd. And as for the guy who quoted me saying "fame", you're not wrong. I did want to be the guy that got the crowd to chant something at them. So what?

So they're not wrong as you just said you wanted fame.

rjinaz

Apparently I misinterpreted the quote I read, I should have read the entirety of the post and conversation for context.

Apologies ChainedMaster.

Spencer saying that Heather Heyer was killed by a heart attack is so stupid because it just means that the heart attack was induced by the car hitting her anyway.

Ozigizo

"He's trying to make it, normalize the idea for white people to have an identity, to advocate for their own interests and to advocate for our own existence," said Will Fears, who traveled from Texas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ite-nationalist-richard-spencer-event-n812301

... A few hours later...

Will Fears and two others arrested for attempted homicide.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/gaines...fter-richard-spencer-speech/1481821918520731/

Quite the white identity he's making there.

Jesus. This should be another, easier to grasp reason these guys shouldn't be giving these speeches. If The Moderates (TM) can't get behind the fact that everywhere they go, murderers follow, than I don't know what to say.

Spencer saying that Heather Heyer was killed by a heart attack is so stupid because it just means that the heart attack was induced by the car hitting her anyway.

Which would still be murder, yes. I think the theory is that she wasn't there or something equally crazy.

Not

Banned
You absolutely do not want the government making exclusions for free speech. Who do you think would be targeted right now, for example?

So they'd pass a "no white supremacy" speech law and then use it to immediately go after anti-white supremacists?

???

Shaanyboi

Banned

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ite-nationalist-richard-spencer-event-n812301

... A few hours later...

https://m.facebook.com/notes/gaines...fter-richard-spencer-speech/1481821918520731/

Nazis acting like Nazis

Not

Banned
Why can't we have an identity of just "people"? I wish it didn't matter what color someone was.

Because it was really economically convenient to make every dark person into a slave back in the day to maximize the number of slaves

Why can't we have an identity of just "people"? I wish it didn't matter what color someone was.
Past is prologue. What you know of history is from this exact same Earth. We can't just erase what we've done, who we are, and where we came from.

edit: (from the post below)
It will stop mattering when white people of all socioeconomic levels decide to make it stop mattering.
This too!

Nepenthe

It will stop mattering when white people of all socioeconomic levels decide to make it stop mattering.

Or the political fabric of the country switches to force their hand.

Earendil

Because it was really economically convenient to make every dark person into a slave back in the day to maximize the number of slaves

Past is prologue. What you know of history is from this exact same Earth. We can't just erase what we've done, who we are, and where we came from.

Or the political fabric of the country switches to force their hand.

Oh I know, I'm just lamenting because even as a white guy, this behavior sickens me.

Rubenov

Think I found the worst tweet...

pfXCMkN.png

Sarcasm, right?

... A few hours later...

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

... A few hours later...

BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE BLACK IDENTITY EXTREMISTS?!

Someone should make a thread of this.

Apparently I misinterpreted the quote I read, I should have read the entirety of the post and conversation for context.

Apologies ChainedMaster.

Thank you. I appreciate it. I just think it's ridiculous people threw a fit over me stating that I wish I could have asked my question. It's crazy that people went as far as insinuating that I'm a racist/nazi apologist for wanting to ask a question that would stump him! The fuck is up with people? I don't understand why so many liberals call people racist over nothing. Utterly ridiculous. And sad, because as a fellow liberal I'm disappointed.

And then there were the people calling me an attention troll when in reality there was nothing in my post that should have possibly triggered anyone. My post was not worthy of attention at all. The mental gymnastics of some people.

I drove 4 hours to get to Gainesville so I could stand by my brothers and sisters as an alumni and people on here accuse me of being a nazi over wanting to call him fake news to his face. How can wanting to call out that scumbag to his face possibly be construed as being a Nazi apologist? Smh.

Slayven

Thank you. I appreciate it. I just think it's ridiculous people threw a fit over me stating that I wish I could have asked my question. It's crazy that people went as far as insinuating that I'm a racist/nazi apologist for wanting to ask a question that would stump him! The fuck is up with people? I don't understand why so many liberals call people racist over nothing. Utterly ridiculous. And sad, because as a fellow liberal I'm disappointed.

And then there were the people calling me an attention troll when in reality there was nothing in my post that should have possibly triggered anyone. My post was not worthy of attention at all. The mental gymnastics of some people.

I drove 4 hours to get to Gainesville so I could stand by my brothers and sisters as an alumni and people on here accuse me of being a nazi over wanting to call him fake news to his face. How can wanting to call out that scumbag to his face possibly be construed as being a Nazi apologist? Smh.

I wonder why

As a white guy, I'm fine with us becoming the minority. This shit has to stop.

You don't magically lose privilege once you drop below 50% of the population. White privilege is the result of hundreds of years of meticulous planning and complete control over all sources of power. That isn't going away anytime soon.

As a white guy, I'm fine with us becoming the minority. This shit has to stop.

White people being majority or minority wont have impact as long as a nation fundamentally devalues dark-skinned people. Just look at how Whiteness is perceived in Latin American countries, which are mostly majority "brown."

norm9

You don't magically lose privilege once you drop below 50% of the population. White privilege is the result of hundreds of years of meticulous planning and complete control over all sources of power. That isn't going away anytime soon.

Yeah it'll get even worse when the white minority also hold all the money and power. I'm no expert, but they're not the sharing is caring type

Zolo

Yeah it'll get even worse when the white minority also hold all the money and power. I'm no expert, but they're not the sharing is caring type

In a way, we can already see part of the backlash with Trump getting nominated as well as people like Roy Moore. A lot of these people are elected as a result of a populace scared shitless of white people no longer having a majority.

Link

The Autumn Wind
For people who are always insisting that there's no oppression in this country directed at minorities, they sure are terrified of becoming one.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

Racism is not just the blatant horrible shit. You don't have to be burning crosses in a black families yard or stringing people up from tree's to be considered racist. The fact most people can't even seem to acknowledge they have bias at all or that things like institutional racist still exists in this day and age shows you how racist people can be without even uttering a racial slur.

Not

Banned
Exactly the kind of person that makes me disappointed in modern day liberals. Sad. Still insinuating racism. Sigh.

Dude, almost every single white person in America starts out unknowingly racist on some level because they're not exposed to racism, BECAUSE THEY'RE WHITE.

Consider that. Also, what the true definition of racism is. Look up symbolic racism.

I bet Richard Spencer goes to Europe and pays German dominatrix' to beat the shit out of him.

He must get some kind of gratification from the abuse he receives.

Top Bottom