• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Drown Out Richard Spencer At UF: "Fuck You Spencer!"

Jzero

Think I found the worst tweet...

pfXCMkN.png

dek4by8xlusz.jpg

Glorious.

People will complain, obviously, about "but his free speech" but free speech applies both ways and people don't have to listen to Nazis saying Nazi things without protest and he has to accept that because free speech.

Good work to all there.

RPGCrazied

Good. How does one go up there and talk about free speech while sounding like a Nazi? If we need to cleanse anything from this nation its these people.

VariantX

pfXCMkN.png

Considering what Nazi's did when they got hold of the reins of power, they deserve to be punched until and beyond the end of time. They were able to do it because of people like him wanting to look the other way. Finger-wagging dipshit. Show me an instance of blah blah blah, quit acting like WWII didn't fucking happen you clown.

Not

Banned
Universities HAVE to let them speak, because they actually have to abide by free speech.

America needs a legal exception for white supremacy to compensate for its violent history in the country. It'd be like reparations in a way.

But good fucking luck getting that through.

Shadybiz

America needs a legal exception for white supremacy to compensate for its violent history. It'd be like reparations in a way.

But good fucking luck getting that through.

I 100% agree; it's bullshit. Indeed, will probably never happen.

Do universities allow anyone a stage that can pay them?
Public ones, yeah. It would be very rare they could block someone and not be sued over it. UF originally blocked him then got sued. Auburn tried to block him too and a federal judge ruled against them.

Anyway, a hearty go gators from ucf. Let this be the only time I utter such words.

barit

There is one incident I can think of, happened a really long time ago though, so I can't remember specifics. I know ovens were involved.

Yep, it´s called THE FRENCH REVOLUTION

Stolen from the Star Wars Mr.Plinkett review. Sorry

I was right behind the girl that asked him about being punched in the face. So disappointed they stopped asking questions at that point. Mine would have been better. That girl just wanted fame by stealing someone else questions. She skipped the line too. One minute she's a few behind me next minute she's ahead. Sad face.

Lois_Lane

I was right behind the girl that asked him about being punched in the face. So disappointed they stopped asking questions at that point. Mine would have been better. That girl just wanted fame by stealing someone else questions. She skipped the line too. One minute she's a few behind me next minute she's ahead. Sad face.
Yours was dumb and would have got sidestepped. Do you honestly think someone who believes a woman whose head was runover by a car died due to a heart attack instead of the car induced injuries is going to answer you in good faith? Do you debate Sandy Hook Truthers too?

Yours was dumb and would have got sidestepped. Do you honestly think someone who believes a woman whose head was runover by a car died due to a heart attack instead of the car induced injuries is going to answer you in good faith? Do you debate Sandy Hook Truthers too?

He wasn't sidestepping serious questions. He allowed back and forth dialogue with every person that asked a question. Were you even there? Did you watch the Q&A? I guess "fuck you" questions are more on your intellectual level. Hell, he didn't even sidestep stupid questions. They went at length to explain the punching incident.

I do love the 'you shouldn't punch someone for a belief' crowd.

Mainly because its weird in the context of life. People get punched in the face for all sorts of shit, its not necessarily right but I don't see this pontificating about punching people in any other context.

Punching people for preaching genocide and racial hatred and endorsing a political movement that committed said genocide and sparked a World War that results in the deaths of many of these people family.

Yeah. You can punch them. I saw a dude a few weekends ago get punched for chatting up a man's wife. Being a Nazi, yeah, I think that's a justifiable punch

I also like the idea of a 'belief' being sacred, even if that belief is 'kill other races.' No, you can't be violent against people preaching genocide, that's a step too far.

I'd understand the confusion if we were talking about someone being seriously harmed or killed.

Public ones, yeah. It would be very rare they could block someone and not be sued over it. UF originally blocked him then got sued. Auburn tried to block him too and a federal judge ruled against them.

Anyway, a hearty go gators from ucf. Let this be the only time I utter such words.

Yea as a Georgia Bulldawg I am nauseated by the sight of anything Gators... but this one time yall ..

pfXCMkN.png

A violent nazi? What a crazy idea, I'll need proof that something so off the wall could be real!

Mr. Povah doesn't seem to understand what constitutes violence, much less what the nazi ideology is. Not all violence is physical, which should be well understood before opening one's mouth on issues like white supremacy. That being said, physical violence is part and parcel to the nazi ideology. How about driving a car into a crowd to murder their ideological opponents, is that violent enough?

Nepenthe

He wasn't sidestepping serious questions. He allowed back and forth dialogue with every person that asked a question. Were you even there? Did you watch the Q&A? I guess "fuck you" questions are more on your intellectual level. Hell, he didn't even sidestep stupid questions. They went at length to explain the punching incident.

Why are you upset that people don't want to have a "dialogue" with a Nazi?

Lunar15

America: But really, have any of these so called white supremacists ever committed acts of violence?

Also America: We've had so many people of color lynched that we have to build a memorial to remind people how staggeringly horrific it was.

Top Bottom