• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protesters Drown Out Richard Spencer At UF: "Fuck You Spencer!"

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Protesters drowned out white nationalist Richard Spencer’s remarks on Thursday at the University of Florida, chanting, “Fuck you, Spencer!” and “Nazis are not welcome here!”

“Fuck you, Spencer!” members of the crowd chanted as he took the stage, and later drowned out his remarks by shouting, “Go home, Spencer!”

“Well, I’m not going home!” Spencer replied from the stage, and accused protesters of “ganging up like some mob.”

Audience members chanted, “It’s your fault!” as Spencer talked about Heather Heyer, a woman who died when a driver rammed his car into counter-protesters at a violent white nationalist protest in August in Charlottesville, Virginia.

“I guess my question for you is, how did it feel to get punched in the face?” an attendee asked Spencer, referring to an incident in January, to cheering and applause.

More at the link.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
so much for the tolera......

hahaha...I can't even write it with a straight face.

j29wWR.gif

Toxi

Banned
Dialogue is the cornerstone of democracy. Seems like they had a good talk.
No no silencing dialogue through shouting is morally reprehensible and infringing upon Richard Spencer's freeze peach.

They should instead stay silent during the entire speech, then write a strongly worded letter to Spencer. He will immediately abandon his bigotry when provided a logical argument about how being a Nazi is not okay, and then we will will all marvel over how there are people who can be redeemed on all sides.

From the audio it sounds like they should have shouted something less complicated than SAY IT LOUD SAY IT CLEAR NAZIS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE

Like I dunno. FUCK OFF NAZIS

Just a suggestion for next time I guess.

Slayven

Jesus...

My mind can't even process that it's so fucked up. It's amazing how in their minds Black folks can be incompetent, and then also very competent at the same time.

I like that black people have the power to subvert government, yet we let cops kill us.

Ozigizo

Don't worry guys, Derek already pulled a "just asking questions"

He's pretty god damn stupid. He has his employer on his profile, and he's doing shit like this.

Top Bottom