• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Montresor

The Turing Test is an absolutely brilliant game. It has the graphics and presentation of a AAA game, and the narrative and game play of an indie puzzle game.

These devs are something else. I'm about halfway through the game. Here are some pros and cons:

+ Excellent visuals, pure eye candy
+ Smart level and puzzle design that treats the player with respect. The game never tells you what to do - you're thrown into a puzzle room, and you figure out on your own how to solve a puzzle. Also, the game brilliantly introduces new mechanics - whenever there's a new mechanic, it's introduced to the player in a very simple puzzle room. Once you teach yourself about the new mechanic, it gets incorporated into future puzzles in more complicated ways.
+ Intriguing/interesting discussion on AI, thought experiments, biology, etc... I'm always excited to go into a new puzzle room because every new puzzle room has some sort of interesting dialogue between the main character (Ava Turing) and the AI on the facility (Tom).
+ Very pleasing and soothing soundtrack

- Very minor nitpick but I don't like having to push X to climb up a ladder
- Not a minor nitpick - when you first touch down on Europa (about 5-10 minutes into the game), the frame rate on snowy/mountainous Europa is really bad. When indoors, the frame rate is pretty much perfect, but I did notice some stuttering in three consecutive puzzle rooms about halfway through the game.
-The load times are terrible, especially in between puzzle rooms. Sometimes you approach a new puzzle room and the game stops you from moving while a loading circle gets superimposed on the screen...

My question is more about download speeds. I have my Xbox wired to my router. I go to edge and do a speedtest. On the speedtest website, it shows I'm getting 110 mbps download. However, when I run it through the consoles own speed test, I get around 40 mbps.My downloads also aren't 110 mbps. Why the difference? Anyone can explain?

tuna_love

Banned
My question is more about download speeds. I have my Xbox wired to my router. I go to edge and do a speedtest. On the speedtest website, it shows I'm getting 110 mbps download. However, when I run it through the consoles own speed test, I get around 40 mbps.My downloads also aren't 110 mbps. Why the difference? Anyone can explain?

mine is the same, same speed as you but it downloads at 35-40

Vert boil

Released today,

Claire: Extended Cut - 15$, 422MB.

Star Trek Online - F2P, 15.13GB.
--Zen from 5$ to 200$.

BeeNee101

Neo Member

Are you confusing Mbps with MB/s? Most broadband companies and speed tests give you a figure in megabits and file sizes are generally megabytes/gigabytes which is where the confusion often comes from.

A 110Mbps internet connection will give you around 14MB/s download speed, so downloading a 40GB game running at full speed will take around 50 minutes. The reality is that you won't hit top speed most of the time and if you're downloading during peak times will probably not get top speed at all and/or your ISP could throttle your speed even further.

Brakara

Can you cancel pre-orders without contacting support? Chat to support doesn't work when I'm at work, and when I get home, chat support is closed. And there's no email contact addresses for support anywhere.

Flux

Can you cancel pre-orders without contacting support? Chat to support doesn't work when I'm at work, and when I get home, chat support is closed. And there's no email contact addresses for support anywhere.

I believe you must contact support. When you pre-order thru Xbox, you already own the game (license), you just can't start it. For example, I have pre-order Forza Horizon 3 and it is sitting on my games list downloaded but just can't start yet.

Vert boil

maybe USA only? dont see it in Canada.. :/

It's an odd one. The store page is only visible in the US/CA/MX but you can only download it currently in the US/MX atm. Sorry, posted that as it became available.

You can just change your store region to the US and grab it now or wait a few days.

"Welcome Captains! Star Trek Online began its journey many years ago, but is now ready to travel to a new frontier. Starting today, Star Trek Online is available for free on the Xbox One in multiple North American regions, with more regions in the Americas and Europe unlocking in the coming days"

-----
Minecraft Story Mode Episode 8 will be coming out September 13th.

-----
Mira is the free character in Killer Instinct atm.

Delryk

It's an odd one. The store page is only visible in the US/CA/MX but you can only download it currently in the US/MX atm. Sorry, posted that as it became available.

You can just change your store region to the US and grab it now or wait a few days.

"Welcome Captains! Star Trek Online began its journey many years ago, but is now ready to travel to a new frontier. Starting today, Star Trek Online is available for free on the Xbox One in multiple North American regions, with more regions in the Americas and Europe unlocking in the coming days"

-----
Minecraft Story Mode Episode 8 will be coming out September 13th.

-----
Mira is the free character in Killer Instinct atm.

Ah it's all good.. Have so many games to play.. i think it can wait! :)

thanks for the info!

An app called Tv Online Univ has been released on xbone. It's kinda of an iptv app, but the thing is that you can add streams playlists that you find on internet. Some colleagues of mine have been able to find even some high profile HD channels like Fox.

(Dunno if it's illegal, it seems based on open tv channels only I guess, but makes them available worldwide)

Vert boil

Released today,

Emily Wants To Play - 5$, 1.25GB.
(Site - Trailer)

Jotun: Valhalla Edition - 13.50$ (will rise to 15$), 4.17GB.
(looks like the discount is good for another week)

King Oddball - 4.50$ (was rise to 5$), 167MB.

NBA 2K17: The Prelude - free, 15.54GB.
(demo for the full game but it has its own achievements)

Pure Chess Grandmaster Edition - 12.50$, ~600MB.

Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax - 10$, 1.32GB.

New Pre-Order,

Mount & Blade: Warband - 20$

-----------
Rocket League received the rumble update.

Montresor

Too many new games have come out recently. I have to spend some time this weekend looking at metacritic and some trailers to weed out some of these titles:

Grow Up
Armikrog
Valley
Hue
Earthlock Festival of Magic
FreezeMe (aka Super Mario Galaxy Xbox Edition)
Claire Extended Cut
Oceanhort (aka WindWaker Xbox Edition)
Emily Wants To Play
Jotun

Did anyone in this thread like any of the above games?

Flux

Too many new games have come out recently. I have to spend some time this weekend looking at metacritic and some trailers to weed out some of these titles:

Grow Up
Armikrog
Valley
Hue
Earthlock Festival of Magic
FreezeMe (aka Super Mario Galaxy Xbox Edition)
Claire Extended Cut
Oceanhort (aka WindWaker Xbox Edition)
Emily Wants To Play
Jotun

Did anyone in this thread like any of the above games?

I liked Oceanheart, its like Windwaker inspired in theme, with classic 2D overheard Zelda gameplay. Not quite to the same level as Zelda, still worth the pricepoint.

MattyH

An app called Tv Online Univ has been released on xbone. It's kinda of an iptv app, but the thing is that you can add streams playlists that you find on internet. Some colleagues of mine have been able to find even some high profile HD channels like Fox.

(Dunno if it's illegal, it seems based on open tv channels only I guess, but makes them available worldwide)

cant find it on my xbone

I've never done this before but when I bought Forza Horizon 3 and FIFA 17 they both downloaded 50mb files as the preload, I assumed it would automatically then download when the preload came out. I saw someone say to delete this though and start the download again cause the Forza preload is out but when I went to manage game it said 40+GB now. Did it already do the actual preload or is it lying to me? I'm a bit confused.

I've never done this before but when I bought Forza Horizon 3 and FIFA 17 they both downloaded 50mb files as the preload, I assumed it would automatically then download when the preload came out. I saw someone say to delete this though and start the download again cause the Forza preload is out but when I went to manage game it said 40+GB now. Did it already do the actual preload or is it lying to me? I'm a bit confused.

I think ~47.3 GB is the right number on XB1, so you're probably OK. I don't think needing to delete the stub to get the preload to start was a widespread problem.

I think ~47.3 GB is the right number on XB1, so you're probably OK. I don't think needing to delete the stub to get the preload to start was a widespread problem.

Thank you very much! I've never pre ordered something that downloaded a stub before. I assume it's relatively new? I think the last game I preordered on the system was The Division.

Thank you very much! I've never pre ordered something that downloaded a stub before. I assume it's relatively new? I think the last game I preordered on the system was The Division.

Not sure. Halo 5 was the first time I remember it. Whenever MS started allowing pre-orders well in advance of release date.

yeah, Recore is getting torn to shreds. I'm hoping that they can fix the issue with the loading times and I can pick it up for $20 later this year or early next year.

Montresor

The Witness is fantastic so far. It is one of the most gorgeous games I've played on XB1. I've solved 25 puzzles so far... I like the puzzle progression. You may encounter a new puzzle gimmick/type that is completely foreign but the game taught me how to solve those puzzles myself without any dialogue or on-screen instructions, just a couple of cleverly-designed simple versions of that puzzle type is all I needed. Great game and absolutely worth the $40 for me so far...

Top Bottom