• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Lima

The Turing Test is plagued with the same issues that Pneuma had. Shitty frame rate and tearing. It's really pretty though and the music is godly.

Guerrilla

Thanks so much for continuing to do this every week, vert.

Yep, I check this thread daily due to your work. Thanks so much Vert!

raw

Montresor

The Turing Test is plagued with the same issues that Pneuma had. Shitty frame rate and tearing. It's really pretty though and the music is godly.

Hmm I may have been generous/forgiving with the game but I don't remember any frame rate or frame tearing problems with Pneuma. I just remember it looked pretty, had nice puzzles and an interesting story. I really love that you said "It's really pretty though and the music is godly" for The Turing Test... Makes me so excited to try out the game tonight. The original trailer for this game had amaaaazing music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b6EE0V8NPM

FreezeMe looks pretty meh but I really need a 3D platformer/collect-a-thon in my life. $10 is a decent enough price for me to try it out and waste some time before Bioshock and Recore come out the following week

eastx

Livelock is absolutely awesome. Putting up a review later but damn thats some sweet robot anarchy

Wow. I have tons of issues with Livelock, although it's a fun game. Super rough around the edges and missing content that was promised when they announced it. My review is going up tomorrow, it looks like.

danowat

Banned
Wow. I have tons of issues with Livelock, although it's a fun game. Super rough around the edges and missing content that was promised when they announced it. My review is going up tomorrow, it looks like.

Is it predominantly online / coop?, or does it work well as a single player experiance?

eastx

Is it predominantly online / coop?, or does it work well as a single player experince?

Livelock's campaign has a decent amount of variety, but like any co-op game (and any twin-stick shooter) it's better in co-op. Still, it's a pretty good 5-6 hours campaign. Let's wait for my review to go live before I talk about replay value.

Livelock's campaign has a decent amount of variety, but like any co-op game (and any twin-stick shooter) it's better in co-op. Still, it's a pretty good 5-6 hours campaign. Let's wait for my review to go live before I talk about replay value.

How is the performance on XO? The videos posted on the store page don't look so good.

FreezeMe looks pretty meh but I really need a 3D platformer/collect-a-thon in my life. $10 is a decent enough price for me to try it out and waste some time before Bioshock and Recore come out the following week

My thoughts exactly. It doesn't look amazing but it looks solid enough, and I NEED a 3D platformer again.

We are the same :)

Also keep your eye on Ginger Betond the Crystal: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...yond-the-crystal-august-2016-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

And

Skylar and Plux: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ture-clover-island-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

Besides the obvious Yooka-Laylee

Cheers!

I've always had the issue that I usually buy Xbox, for Halo, Gears, the usual nonsense gung-ho big AAA stuff, but I love 3D platformers, but can never justify a Nintendo console on top of all the other expenses. So any 3D platformers on Xbox = win. Hell, they don't have to be amazing. I bought Vexx, ffs ;D

Yooka-Laylee is the big one, but didn't know of these two. Excellent! Also hope Hat in Time comes to consoles.

Vert boil

Announced dates so far,

1st Sept, Earthlock: Festival of Magic (Site - Trailer), 30$ (GwG title).
2nd Sept, FreezeME (Site - Trailer), 10$.
2nd Sept, Stories of Bethem: Full Moon (Site - Trailer)
2nd Sept, The Final Station (Site - Trailer), 15$.
6th Sept, Claire: Extended Edition (Site - Trailer)
7th Sept, Awesomenauts Assemble (Site - Trailer)
7th Sept, Dogos (Site - Trailer)
7th Sept, Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Site - Trailer), 15$.
9th Sept, King Oddball (site - trailer), 4.50$ (will rise to 5$).
9th Sept, Jotun: Valhalla Edition (Site - Trailer), 13.50$ (will rise to 15$).
9th Sept, Pure Chess: Grandmaster Edition (Site - Trailer), 13$.
9th Sept, Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax (Site - Trailer), 10$.
13th Sept, PacMan Championship Edition 2 (Trailer)
13th Sept, The Witness (Site - Trailer)
14th Sept, Everspace (Game Preview) (Site - Trailer), 30$.
14th Sept, Perfect Woman (Site - Trailer) , 9$.
16th Sept. Mount & Blade: Warband (Site - Trailer), 20$.
20th Sept, Batman: The Telltale Series: Episode 2
20th Sept, Dear Esther: Landmark Edition (Site - Trailer), 10$.
20th Sept, Lastfight (Site - Trailer)
21st Sept, Firewatch (Site - Trailer)
21st Sept, Toy Odyssey: The Lost and The Found (Site - Trailer), 15$.
22nd Sept, Virginia (Site - Gameplay demo), 10$.
23rd Sept, The Bunker (Site - Trailer), 20$.
30th Sept, Axiom Verge (Site - Trailer), 20$.

Karak

Yep I did as well. But funfactor easily eclipsed the issues I had at that price.

Flux

I'm pumped for this. I always immediately equated this as a lifetime PC/PS4 exclusive. It's so awesome that it's coming out on XB1.

Nope, timed exclusive. Most indie darlings are tied to that and move to more platforms. Like Inside going Xbox to PS4. Honestly doesn't bother me, the smaller devs probably get a beneficial marketing boost or something they wouldn't have the funds.

Good to see September will be a busy month for releases.

Montresor

Nope, timed exclusive. Most indie darlings are tied to that and move to more platforms. Like Inside going Xbox to PS4. Honestly doesn't bother me, the smaller devs probably get a beneficial marketing boost or something they wouldn't have the funds.

Yes, now we know it's a timed exclusive. But we didn't know that back in January 2016...

Chitown B

that bothered me a little, since it was only like 6 weeks and kinda moved over outta nowhere. Considering it was a selling point for the Xbox.

Vert boil

Is Necropolis not scheduled for the 6th anymore?

*shrug*, maybe but I can't find a date anywhere for it. All the press releases say Summer and their twitter feeds when asked are saying "Our dev team is hard at work, we're hoping to have NECROPOLIS up on console very, very soon!" (29th), "We haven't announced a date yet - stay tuned!" (22nd) and "soon! We are waiting for certification :)" (20th).

Vert boil

Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax will be coming out Sept 9th, 10$.

Site - Trailer

-----
Also out today is some new paid DLC for Ark... which is still in Game Preview.

Trailer

"Studio Wildcard unveiled today the single biggest update in its 14-month development cycle with the first ARK: Survival Evolved expansion pack entitled Scorched Earth. Available starting today on Steam Early Access and Xbox One Game Preview, Scorched Earth is an entirely new desert-themed ARK filled with new biomes, creatures, gameplay mechanics, and challenges that will push players’ survival skills to the limit."

"ARK: Scorched Earth is a completely finished, polished new expansion pack, which retails for $19.99"

Scorched Earth Key Features:

• Where’s the Water?: Players must re-learn what it means to survive and thrive in a harsh desert environment depleted of water resources.
  • Explore a New World: Scorched Earth is an entirely new map, composed of seven unique, desert themed biomes – dunes, high desert, mountains, canyons, badlands, oasis and the ever-dangerous dragon trench – each with their own aesthetics, resources and ecosystems, and littered with ruins, geysers, and intricate ancient cave systems.
  • Craft More Than 50 New Items: Discover new outfits and structures to protect from the heat, and new tools to help survive in the harsh environment. Carry temporary shelter with you using tents, employ whips, boomerangs and flamethrowers for ‘defense,’ wind turbines to generate clean power, and water wells and oil refineries to harvest scarce resources, among many new mechanics!
  • Tame New Creatures: The desert’s biomes are filled with fantastical new creatures, many of which can be tamed. Lead a caravan of the camel-like Morellatops, or rain fire down on your enemies from the back of a Wyvern. Just mind your step in the vast desert, or you might attract a Death Worm!
  • Conquer New Challenges: Prepare yourself for dangerous electrical storms, blinding sand storms, befuddling heat stroke, and unleash the power of the Obelisks to come face-to-face with ARK’s deadliest boss creature to date – the ferocious Manticore!
  • Travel Back to the Island: Take characters, favorite creatures and items from Scorched Earth back to the Island, standing out from the crowd and making your Island-dwelling friends jealous with all of the amazing new goodies and secrets you find in the Desert.

FreezeMe is a nice looking, alright sounding 3D platformer utterly in thrall to Mario 64.

For some this is bad news, for me, for $10 equivalent, it's a lovely throwback. I LOVE these games.

It has issues: slight glitches of geometry, the music is on the wrong side of cheesy, and it's definitely a small-scale production. But for a one-man band + some contractors (asfaik) it's a very nice little love-letter to a genre I adore and needs to come back. The physics, camera, movement et al work well enough. It's not Nintendo but for what it is, it's fun.

Edit: Forgot, one major issue. Whenever you open the Xbox Guide, the game asks you to sign back in. And thus resets you to main menu. Major, major error!

FreezeMe is a nice looking, alright sounding 3D platformer utterly in thrall to Mario 64.

For some this is bad news, for me, for $10 equivalent, it's a lovely throwback. I LOVE these games.

It has issues: slight glitches of geometry, the music is on the wrong side of cheesy, and it's definitely a small-scale production. But for a one-man band + some contractors (asfaik) it's a very nice little love-letter to a genre I adore and needs to come back. The physics, camera, movement et al work well enough. It's not Nintendo but for what it is, it's fun.

Edit: Forgot, one major issue. Whenever you open the Xbox Guide, the game asks you to sign back in. And thus resets you to main menu. Major, major error!

Update: the major issue seems to not be there anymore. Still asks for profile, but doesn't send back to menu... weird.

In the first day since Ms enabled app submissions to the xbone more than 40 universal apps were released. Including a bit torrent client (!)

Top Bottom