• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Lima

Wait is it Kinect only? I just realized I don't have a Kinect anymore because I traded my original Day One edition in towards the S. Ups.

Vert boil

Released today,

Mount & Blade: Warband - 20$, 1.3GB.

New DLC,

The Incredible Van Helsing 2
--Goofzilla Minipet - 1$

New Pre-Order,

Ginger: Beyond the Crystal - 20$
(Site - Trailer)

-----
General Ramm is the free fighter in Killer Instinct atm.

jond76

Banned
A karaoke game by Ubisoft called Just Sing was sleath released on the 14th. $30, 45+ songs, apparently 1000+ to download (not sure if you buy them or buy access to them)

A karaoke game by Ubisoft called Just Sing was sleath released on the 14th. $30, 45+ songs, apparently 1000+ to download (not sure if you buy them or buy access to them)

I was looking at this last night, karaoke games are a hit with my friends and family but it looks like this is only playable via iOS/Android smart phones? It uses the phone as both mic and camera. Seems like it would be awkward. Also I currently only have a Windows phone (yeah, I don't know why either).

Sucks though because I still have about half a dozen microphones from the 360 era.

I was looking at this last night, karaoke games are a hit with my friends and family but it looks like this is only playable via iOS/Android smart phones? It uses the phone as both mic and camera. Seems like it would be awkward. Also I currently only have a Windows phone (yeah, I don't know why either).

Sucks though because I still have about half a dozen microphones from the 360 era.

I just booted it up and it says use the companion app or plug in a USB microphone. So either work!

edit - there is also only 20 songs in the store and they are all Disney :/

jond76

Banned
I couldn't even get the app to sync up, so that's a bad sign. My Xbox shows up, I tap it, then it fails and refreshes.

Oh well.

Montresor

I'm about 270 puzzles into The Witness. The game is simply magnificent.

It is so incredibly fun and rewarding and fulfilling to play this game alongside family members or friends.

I've had three sessions of The Witness now with one or more of my brothers. Each time we have exciting conversations about what each puzzle means.

"Wait, don't push A yet, let's make sure your solution makes sense!"

"Huh, so that's how you solve it? Do it again but try to intentionally fail the puzzle... What works and what doesn't?"

What an incredible game. I'm very very close to calling this my game of the year. This game is at the same time incredibly difficult (at first glance) and incredibly easy (once you take a breather and take a minute to think). It is rewarding. Has a wonderful sense of mystery. A mesmerizing, beautiful art style and world to explore.

This may be the best game on the system and for 9 or so months we didn't have any idea this was even coming to Xbox. I hope someone at Microsoft gets their shit together and stops this nonsense. If your game is coming to Xbox then Xbox fans should know about it! Why should Playstation fans immediately know they're getting Tomb Raider, Inside, and Dead Rising 4 but Xbox fans sit in the dark on possibly the best game released in the past couple of years (The Witness)?

Whatever the reason, it has to stop. Was there radio silence because Jonathan Blow was being hampered by any number of dumb parity/indie clauses enforced by Microsoft? If so, stop it Microsoft. Was there radio silence because there was an agreement to keep timed exclusivity secret? If so, then all parties should fuck off with that nonsense, and Microsoft especially should work to end that crap. Any timed exclusive Microsoft game gets news about a PS4 release almost right away. If a PS4 game is timed exclusive then we should also know about it.

For a game this good Xbox fans should NOT have been in the dark for 9 months....

Heretic

I'm about 270 puzzles into The Witness. The game is simply magnificent.

It is so incredibly fun and rewarding and fulfilling to play this game alongside family members or friends.

I've had three sessions of The Witness now with one or more of my brothers. Each time we have exciting conversations about what each puzzle means.

"Wait, don't push A yet, let's make sure your solution makes sense!"

"Huh, so that's how you solve it? Do it again but try to intentionally fail the puzzle... What works and what doesn't?"

What an incredible game. I'm very very close to calling this my game of the year. This game is at the same time incredibly difficult (at first glance) and incredibly easy (once you take a breather and take a minute to think). It is rewarding. Has a wonderful sense of mystery. A mesmerizing, beautiful art style and world to explore.

This may be the best game on the system and for 9 or so months we didn't have any idea this was even coming to Xbox. I hope someone at Microsoft gets their shit together and stops this nonsense. If your game is coming to Xbox then Xbox fans should know about it! Why should Playstation fans immediately know they're getting Tomb Raider, Inside, and Dead Rising 4 but Xbox fans sit in the dark on possibly the best game released in the past couple of years (The Witness)?

Whatever the reason, it has to stop. Was there radio silence because Jonathan Blow was being hampered by any number of dumb parity/indie clauses enforced by Microsoft? If so, stop it Microsoft. Was there radio silence because there was an agreement to keep timed exclusivity secret? If so, then all parties should fuck off with that nonsense, and Microsoft especially should work to end that crap. Any timed exclusive Microsoft game gets news about a PS4 release almost right away. If a PS4 game is timed exclusive then we should also know about it.

For a game this good Xbox fans should NOT have been in the dark for 9 months....

You're making me want to buy it!

How's firewatch?

Its a good story, excellent voice acting, and an attractive world. However you don't actually do anything but walk around. The game tells you to go somewhere, and the story is told via a conversation over a radio as you get there. Thats it. It's very much like a much longer version of Gone Home.

Yeah, I liked Firewatch but it's overpriced here to be honest. I bought Dear Esther yesterday without a second thought even though I've already played it on PC, because it's priced right. Meanwhile, Firewatch goes on the "wait until 50% off" list.

Forsythia

So Europe gets the short end of the stick again and has to wait a week longer for Firewatch. Getting tired of this shit. Yeah, I know, buy from US store, blabla.

U2NUMB

So Europe gets the short end of the stick again and has to wait a week longer for Firewatch. Getting tired of this shit. Yeah, I know, buy from US store, blabla.

The other option would be to move here. Everything including politics are going smooth as ever.

I agree.. let you guys play the same time we get to

flkraven

Its a good story, excellent voice acting, and an attractive world. However you don't actually do anything but walk around. The game tells you to go somewhere, and the story is told via a conversation over a radio as you get there. Thats it. It's very much like a much longer version of Gone Home.

So are all the achievements story based?

Montresor

Ah, if I wasn't immersed in Forza Horizon 1 and The Witness right now, I'd probably bite without hesitation on Dear Esther and Firewatch. I love walking simulators.

Nintendad

How's firewatch?

It's really good. I love the story and art style. I have it on Steam, and PS4 as well. I need to go back and play it again on PS4, but it seems to run even worse on the Xbox than I remember it runnin on PS4. I think this was ported by another team or with the help from someone else. The draw distance isn't all that great on it. The story is what you're really playing for though and that's amazing. I'm gonna try out the commentary here today.

flkraven

So are achievements miss able?

EDIT: Just to put my question into context, I hate hate hate when a game gives you a fork in the road and doesn't tell you which way leads to your 'final' objective. You pick left or right. I always go the opposite direction of the objective so I can clear everything, but in hate it when I don't know which way to go, I pick a direction, and suddenly a cutscene starts and boom, chapter over (or my path back is blocked). I basically just want to walk around enjoying my time in firewatch, but I'd like to get the achievements. Am I going to have to memorize paths and stuff in advance?

Nintendad

So are achievements miss able?

EDIT: Just to put my question into context, I hate hate hate when a game gives you a fork in the road and doesn't tell you which way leads to your 'final' objective. You pick left or right. I always go the opposite direction of the objective so I can clear everything, but in hate it when I don't know which way to go, I pick a direction, and suddenly a cutscene starts and boom, chapter over (or my path back is blocked). I basically just want to walk around enjoying my time in firewatch, but I'd like to get the achievements. Am I going to have to memorize paths and stuff in advance?

You can get it all in one play through. You won't be forced to play through it twice to get that last achievement.

Montresor

The Witness is kicking my ass - I spent 6 consecutive hours looking at the same puzzle and couldn't solve it.

So I'm taking a break. I bought Dear Esther and Firewatch. I hope to 1000 both of them this weekend. Will post my impressions then. Fingers crossed they're great! Firewatch in particular looks gorgeous...

Honestly people if you get Firewatch switch off the waypoint markers and just use your compass, it puts a little bit more time onto your play time but you never get too lost that it becomes frustrating.

For me it gave the game a little bit more immersion rather than having a large waypoint saying GO HERE and you just following. Also I took in more details in the scenery where I could almost navigate from memory.

Tempted to double dip for the audio tour but I'm hearing it will be patched into PS4/PC versions, so I'll fire it back up when they go live.

jond76

Banned
Honestly people if you get Firewatch switch off the waypoint markers and just use your compass, it puts a little bit more time onto your play time but you never get too lost that it becomes frustrating.

For me it gave the game a little bit more immersion rather than having a large waypoint saying GO HERE and you just following. Also I took in more details in the scenery where I could almost navigate from memory.

Tempted to double dip for the audio tour but I'm hearing it will be patched into PS4/PC versions, so I'll fire it back up when they go live.

I played a bit today and didn't see any waypoints. Had to bring up the map and compass. Maybe its off by default now.

danowat

Banned
FWIW, anyone in the UK interested in the Bunker, you can visit where is was filmed, Kelvedon Hatch nuclear bunker, I went there a few months ago, and it's very interesting, all the props in the game are exhibits and real life kit from the installation.

Vert boil

^^ Everspace is finally up.

They've finally switched over where the images are hosted. Might be the end of the Xbox One topped ones unless I find a way to resize them with the url. Cannae be arsed to do it manually.
edit,
ZekuLk.gif

Vert boil

LOL, no, I didn't see it!!

Normal routine for new stuff, it usually takes a while for stuff to propagate between regions and onto the store fronts. Search (had a search auto-refeshing every five mins throughout the day) or using a url pulled from the api (x360a is great for this) are the only way to find it atm .

Montresor

Released today,

Eventide: Slavic Fable - 10$, 1GB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

Another Artifex Mundi puzzle game.

This month has been incredible.

Recore
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 1 as a GWG
The Witness
Firewatch
Dear Esther
Forza Horizon 3
Virginia
The Bunker
A new Artifex Mundi game

So many good titles. And in this list I've only played The Witness and Forza 1 so far. Gotta get through these titles!

jond76

Banned
Another Artifex Mundi puzzle game.

This month has been incredible.

Recore
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 1 as a GWG
The Witness
Firewatch
Dear Esther
Forza Horizon 3
Virginia
The Bunker
A new Artifex Mundi game

So many good titles. And in this list I've only played The Witness and Forza 1 so far. Gotta get through these titles!

Yeah, its been nuts. I don't have enough time!

Top Bottom