• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Pep, great run in the Faceit event. So close against Ambition in that second game. Good luck with Equinox in the RLCS. Hope you get a chance to play!

Pepiope

Pep, great run in the Faceit event. So close against Ambition in that second game. Good luck with Equinox in the RLCS. Hope you get a chance to play!

I don't think we did so bad considering how little we played together. It was amazing playing in an actual studio though lol.

J. Bravo

whats your team pep?

speaking of flaws, i won 2 games in champ, but now im at diamond 2 div 3 lol. solo queue 2s. god im bad soemtimes tho

Soulflarz

Banned
Pep is subbing for CorruptedG, Sadjunior, and Chrome
I took your advice bb <3

Lowkey would've been so mad if you got top 8 dreamhack and just quit rl.

Speaking of improving, after this weekend I'm actually going to soloqueue and focus on improving. I carried a plat 3 to my rank, I don't really have an excuse to not work on improving my basic decisionmaking.

Hell my 1s rank is nearly diamond 3, which is infintely harder to do than champ 1 in 2s.

Soulflarz

Banned
my fav thing in 1s is now ceiling shotting across the map
if you do it just right you get this weird double touch which ruins people.

also ye 1s clicked at some point because im pretty lazily going through diamond 2 :x

I got a White Animus GP, worth anything good?

A few keys, I believe. If you don't like playing with it, I'd say sell now. These cars (Animus, Centio) are getting long in the tooth. The standard variants are available dirt cheap now (<1 key), and the market is saturated with White painted versions, too.

Just my rationale :)

Soulflarz

Banned
This is very true and definitely the case with the general playerbase.

I've been champ 1 in 2s a decent number of times in seasons 4 and 5 but haven't even hit diamond 2 in 1s.

I mean it's the same reason most of the community is actively AWFUL at proper 2s- they don't really understand spacing with fake challenges and such and put themselves in last man back situations where pressure would be better, and their panic solution is to braindead charge the ball even if I can reaction flick them.

diamond 2/3s are better at it
champs properly play 1s usually, from my experience.

My god I've gotten lazy with trading. Just looked at my inventory and I'm sitting on 46 crates. I wonder if I could get close to a straight swap on a TW Octane but eh, I really can't be bothered to crunch the numbers and see what they're worth. And so the mountain grows.

Ballistik

Playing rumble this morning.. this random glitch(?) happens.

hp9EaC9.gif

imBask

Banned
got back into RL like 3 weeks ago

been stuck in Silver 3 division 3-4 for the past week or so and I just got to gold so I needed to get this off my chest. FUCK YEAHHHHH

J. Bravo

got all my wins for champ reward. spent most of it at div 1/2/3 lol. first time i got to champ, i won 2 games then dropped to diamond 2. now im pretty consistently at champ 1 div 2 :) all solo queue btw.

Soulflarz

Banned
ranked is still a grab bag of stupidity :V

mains basically d3

but got my smurf (which has WAY more games than my main) into champ 2 in a sitting from d3 zzzz

ranked is still a grab bag of stupidity :V

mains basically d3

but got my smurf (which has WAY more games than my main) into champ 2 in a sitting from d3 zzzz
*cough* Carried by a top 100 player *cough* ;)

But yeah you never know what you're gonna get solo queuing. Better off to just play with me and accept my more consistent awfulness.

got back into RL like 3 weeks ago

been stuck in Silver 3 division 3-4 for the past week or so and I just got to gold so I needed to get this off my chest. FUCK YEAHHHHH
Good job, man. Always feels good to make a breakthrough like that.

got all my wins for champ reward. spent most of it at div 1/2/3 lol. first time i got to champ, i won 2 games then dropped to diamond 2. now im pretty consistently at champ 1 div 2 :) all solo queue btw.
Nicely done, congrats. :)

Trading on this game has become a damn mess. Zomba's at almost double their price now but the one that sticks out to me is the White Octane. It was 20 Keys a few days ago and now it's making its way to 30+. That reeks of price manipulation since it's an endlessly replenishable item due to it being from trade ups.

Trading on this game has become a damn mess. Zomba's at almost double their price now but the one that sticks out to me is the White Octane. It was 20 Keys a few days ago and now it's making its way to 30+. That reeks of price manipulation since it's an endlessly replenishable item due to it being from trade ups.

hype gonna hype.

88random

Damn, wave dash is legit good, it just saved me at 1v1. Very useful mechanic. At the beginning I didn't even try to incorporate it into my game because I thought it was too difficult, but it actually isn't difficult at all.

Soulflarz

Banned
https://gfycat.com/PessimisticUnrulyHogget bless

You on PC? I'm always up for playing with fellow gaffers. Hovering around champ 1 div 3 currently.

I also have a PS4 account but I don't really use it these days so it'd be like a smurf at this point, haha.

mfw my smurfs like 5 points from champ 3 and my mains barely into champ 2

LUL

their progression trees are kinda insane (like +200 points on my smurf in 3 days and +70 on my main today, didn't play it besides that)

Damn, wave dash is legit good, it just saved me at 1v1. Very useful mechanic. At the beginning I didn't even try to incorporate it into my game because I thought it was too difficult, but it actually isn't difficult at all.

fun fact you can backboard with 0 boost
bounce dribble->wavedash under ball to pop it, instantly flip to flick, backboard (or pick up a 12 pad and backboard)

broken af

Still not sure I truly understand the wavedash and I do it almost every match :/ I only ever seem to do it when doing quick recoveries though. Don't think I know how or what to use it for outside of that. Or accidentally wavedashing my way back onto the corner wall like an idiot. Come to think of it that's probably my most consistent use of it.

Don't wavedash without reason imo.

I can give you 100 reasons but you have way better things to play around with usually.

I only stumbled into them by accident trying to mimic Kro's recovery methods tbh, never really got much use of it outside of that, though I figure they may have some use while dribbling but I've been leaning toward the bounce dribble lately anyway and a nice powershot works a treat. I suppose if I can't think of a scenario where I'll benefit from it I'm probably not creating the opportunity often enough to worry about anyway.

88random

Still not sure I truly understand the wavedash and I do it almost every match :/ I only ever seem to do it when doing quick recoveries though. Don't think I know how or what to use it for outside of that. Or accidentally wavedashing my way back onto the corner wall like an idiot. Come to think of it that's probably my most consistent use of it.

For me, it proved most useful in situations when I'm on the lower part of the wall and I have to win a "race" to the ball to make a save or score.

Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWB3OSbpKLM

There is also some stuff with fake jump dribble, but I'm not very confident to try that in a match.

bounce dribbles tbh only work if they respect your space

be experimental or I'll braindead charge your bounce dribble :^)

Yeah probably right there. I think it's just a matter of my play slowing down a bit. Trying to take the time to make each hit have a plan and seeking an opening as often as possible. I have a strange habit of over focusing one something and letting other abilities slip a bit though. My wall drag backboards are much worse than a few months ago due to this.

For me, it proved most useful in situations when I'm on the lower part of the wall and I have to win a "race" to the ball to make a save or score.

Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWB3OSbpKLM

There is also some stuff with fake jump dribble, but I'm not very confident to try that in a match.

Thanks! Tried adding in some new stuff today. Still not really finding much use in them on the ground but I have got a good bit of use out of wall recoveries. Think I found a new favourite for them though, getting some mean pinches, challenges and even catching dribbles on the wall from it. Definitely coming in handy a lot with the walls.

Think I legit found the teammate I've been dreaming out for over a year. We have exactly the same playstyles. Went 9-1 in dubs and our only lose was a close 4-3 against a season 3 grand champ.

Top Bottom