• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Do you get rewards just from watching the stream, or do you have to ask in chat? I'm new to this (account is linked between steam/twitch/rocketleague)

Unicorn

Just had a 7 game win streak in ranked. I'm rusty as hell, but warmed up quickly.

I'm gold 2 now. I was playing to earn those rewards and got through the 12 for bronze. Does that mean when season ends I'll only get a bronze reward, or are these win-grinds a separate item? I forgot what they said when they introduced this season.

Pepiope

Just had a 7 game win streak in ranked. I'm rusty as hell, but warmed up quickly.

I'm gold 2 now. I was playing to earn those rewards and got through the 12 for bronze. Does that mean when season ends I'll only get a bronze reward, or are these win-grinds a separate item? I forgot what they said when they introduced this season.
Yeah. You have to win 12 games while at your highest rank to get the rewards for that tier.

Meant to stop boosters. Out at least slow them down

Dropped to platinum 3 pretty much across the board.

Time for a break.

On a more positive note, I have 20xx, Heatwave, Apex Wheels, and a few other nice items plus 105 keys, so that feels good.

Dropped to platinum 3 pretty much across the board.

Time for a break.

On a more positive note, I have 20xx, Heatwave, Apex Wheels, and a few other nice items plus 105 keys, so that feels good.
See you this evening. ;)

But yeah, I've gotten to where I don't care much about the rank drop days anymore. Don't get me wrong, I hate losing in general, but it's just a part of playing RL. The good thing is if you reach a rank once you'll almost certainly reach it again if you keep at it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Yeah. You have to win 12 games while at your highest rank to get the rewards for that tier.

Meant to stop boosters. Out at least slow them down

tbh I think it wasn't really needed since it's hard to boost people insanely out of their range now. S3GC was lazily doable because if you were whats now GC you could literally run circles around the old GC threshold (like shit plenty can still ballchase 1v3 diamond 3s) but this current one requires consistency + decisionmaking at a basic level.

Pepiope

tbh I think it wasn't really needed since it's hard to boost people insanely out of their range now. S3GC was lazily doable because if you were whats now GC you could literally run circles around the old GC threshold (like shit plenty can still ballchase 1v3 diamond 3s) but this current one requires consistency + decisionmaking at a basic level.
I think most players (and even some not as good) at my level could boost to GC. Especially 2s.

Soulflarz

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5EB5AVV5RM

watch
this
damn
video

so
you
stop
clearing
it
to
the
opponents
uncontested

that's actually all I'd add to the video- #1 lets you see everyone, which means you should know EXACTLY if you can dribble, if the backboard bounce is catchable, or if you need to jump. If everyone in rl learned this the average skill level would be way way higher.

Pepiope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5EB5AVV5RM

watch
this
damn
video

so
you
stop
clearing
it
to
the
opponents
uncontested

that's actually all I'd add to the video- #1 lets you see everyone, which means you should know EXACTLY if you can dribble, if the backboard bounce is catchable, or if you need to jump. If everyone in rl learned this the average skill level would be way way higher.
There are pro players who don't do this consistently. Expecting a bit much from the average one.

BigEmil

Bought my bro 10 keys from PSN store for $10 since from in-game when I try to connect buy keys there it doesn't connect

Then when I went in the game it says 0 keys ?

Dunno what to do, we have a UK game and he got a NA PSN account, last time we did it for 5 keys it worked somehow

Soulflarz

Banned
There are pro players who don't do this consistently. Expecting a bit much from the average one.

mfw squishy doesn't do it consistently in 2s (probably diff though cause you can trust the clear from half the people he plays with :p)

It's not that I always expect it (hell in soloqueue it's basically implied your teammate doesn't know the concept, I got told months ago it's basically only bubble or above that does it) it's just defense in 2s and 3s is REALLY IFFY otherwise and it's just kinda demoralizing cause everything looks like a panic save tbh and I'd rather just explain the concept to friends so I never have to deal with ballchasey saves.

Hell I f it up at times when I think it's cleared then it's not and I'm just like "I should've just gone to far post rifp"

edit: then again anyone who's played with me knows I'm basically made of shit habits from only playing with top 100s when I wasn't even decent at the game (ie, see a 'clear' line to something and move up when in reality it's probably a touch way harder than they're used to so instead I'm just dumb as f for leaving net)
...tbf that's not really that rare on comms, commsless I rotate way more defensively.

Man was playing doubles last night and we were down 1 and the ball was in the air when time ran out, I hit the ball and it made it in what had to be about 99.999999999999% but still hit the ground in the net. Oof, dat salt :(

What's tough for me these days is practicing plays that work at GC level in my lowly Diamond 3/Champ 1 world. I solo queue a lot and no one is going to hit booming upfield passes to you or any of that so you don't get a lot of practice. By the same token, I can't hit those passes to my teammates because they basically never position for them. It pretty much just turns into trying to solo play everything on offense while mixing in an occasional cross.

Soulflarz is the only player I play with that's higher rank than me, the others are in the Plat 2-Diamond 2 range. Playing with them I have to be pretty defensive because they tend to screw up a lot on positioning and getting decent clears. It's hard to improve against higher ranked players when I never get to play against or with them.

*keeps grinding endlessly*

88random

Bought my bro 10 keys from PSN store for $10 since from in-game when I try to connect buy keys there it doesn't connect

Then when I went in the game it says 0 keys ?

Dunno what to do, we have a UK game and he got a NA PSN account, last time we did it for 5 keys it worked somehow

You should see those keys on the same account you bought it from, idk.

But similar thing happened to me recently too. My cousin bough an Ice Charger when I wasn't looking (lol, good thing I didn't have more money in the Store Wallet), I saw the e-mail receipt and in the showroom it says it is already bought, but it doesn't appear on my car list.

Pepiope

What's tough for me these days is practicing plays that work at GC level in my lowly Diamond 3/Champ 1 world. I solo queue a lot and no one is going to hit booming upfield passes to you or any of that so you don't get a lot of practice. By the same token, I can't hit those passes to my teammates because they basically never position for them. It pretty much just turns into trying to solo play everything on offense while mixing in an occasional cross.

Soulflarz is the only player I play with that's higher rank than me, the others are in the Plat 2-Diamond 2 range. Playing with them I have to be pretty defensive because they tend to screw up a lot on positioning and getting decent clears. It's hard to improve against higher ranked players when I never get to play against or with them.

*keeps grinding endlessly*
Me, you and Greg played a ranked game bb. I forget the pros we queued into to lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
can't be as bad as me joke queueing with a diamond 1 and a diamond 2 as a diamond 3 and getting g2 immediately :^)

^and tbh forward passes aren't worth it darkest red.

They *are*, but everyone who does them is at such a high level it's a consistent option. Tbqh, in champ and such, it's not the best option because people aren't good enough to hit it in with even mild consistency and beyond that people aren't giving the best of passes which means lots of boost won't even offset the problem.

It's why those teamsless soloque gods who are top 30 leaderboards are so bad at it, because end of the day, it is just an option.

Me, you and Greg played a ranked game bb. I forget the pros we queued into to lol.
Dude that was nuts. It was three super recognizable guys I remember that much. You carried us to a respectable loss. :p

I'm always up for some games if you've got time but I assume you're busy with being legit and whatnot, hehe.

can't be as bad as me joke queueing with a diamond 1 and a diamond 2 as a diamond 3 and getting g2 immediately :^)

^and tbh forward passes aren't worth it darkest red.

They *are*, but everyone who does them is at such a high level it's a consistent option. Tbqh, in champ and such, it's not the best option because people aren't good enough to hit it in with even mild consistency and beyond that people aren't giving the best of passes which means lots of boost won't even offset the problem.

It's why those teamsless soloque gods who are top 30 leaderboards are so bad at it, because end of the day, it is just an option.
Seems more fun than just getting good at 1v2'ing everything or scoring off of rebounds all the time. If nothing else I feel like it'd be a good skill to have when you're in a clear 2v1 with the only defender in front of you waiting in goal or on the retreat.

This is mostly coming up from playing with a plat 2 a lot who is a 1s player... Watched his flick attempts get dunked so many times when he had a wide open pass to me on the wing or upfield, haha.

Soulflarz

Banned
Seems more fun than just getting good at 1v2'ing everything or scoring off of rebounds all the time. If nothing else I feel like it'd be a good skill to have when you're in a clear 2v1 with the only defender in front of you waiting in goal or on the retreat.

This is mostly coming up from playing with a plat 2 a lot who is a 1s player... Watched his flick attempts get dunked so many times when he had a wide open pass to me on the wing or upfield, haha.

That's moreso an issue of trying to do a risky mechanic that you can't do

Things shouldn't be inherently risky, but failing a flick outright should never happen when you have space- and if it is, you need to stop flicking in 2s, learn it in 1s first.

Tbf I flick weird and turn it into air dribbles half the time as an improv option so don't ask me :p

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ergh, in the last month or so I've dropped from Plat I to Silver III and just lost 2 in a row at that rank. I've got no fucking idea what's happened. Maybe I need to take a break.

Surprise! Due to the popularity of our first-ever Double Drop-Rate Weekend[www.rocketleague.com] in July, we are increasing the drop-rate once again!

Starting right now (August 31) through Tuesday, September 5 at 10am PDT (1pm EDT/5pm GMT), all Uncommon (or higher) free customization items and active Crates will drop more frequently after Online matches of any game type. Your chances of earning a Painted version of an item, as a drop or from a Crate, are doubled as well.

We hope to see you online this weekend, and good luck in all your matches (Soccar or otherwise)!

This actually netted me some painted wheel drops and when I opened a few boxes the decals and wheels were painted to. I didn't hit it big with anything but it's coll to see it actually does work.

Unicorn

This actually netted me some painted wheel drops and when I opened a few boxes the decals and wheels were painted to. I didn't hit it big with anything but it's coll to see it actually does work.

I have terrible luck with crates, haha.

Should I buy some keys and open some of my crates? have cc1-3 increased in value due to being put to bed? Retro-active painted stuff?

Which crates are best to open for painted stuff?

I have terrible luck with crates, haha.

Should I buy some keys and open some of my crates? have cc1-3 increased in value due to being put to bed? Retro-active painted stuff?

Which crates are best to open for painted stuff?

No. You may get something painted but it will probably be a decal. I went on an opening spree with about 25 keys and I ended up not getting a single bm decal nor a valued painted wheel.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ LAZ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つLAZ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PEP TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PEP TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
So I finally hit Plat in Solo Standard yesterday, after knocking on the door most of this season. I've been as high as Plat 3 in 3s, but this feels like my biggest RL accomplishment so far. Forgive the brag, but I needed to share with someone who cared. My wife simply doesn't understand, haha.

And so this is productive for others, I'd love to know what you guys think I should be working on to start to push toward Diamond.

Just curious, is there a reason the pro's typically pick the standard Octane over the ZSR outside of preference and being used to it? The only high level player I really see use the ZSR is ScrubKilla but I kind of prefer the ZSR too.

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
Just curious, is there a reason the pro's typically pick the standard Octane over the ZSR outside of preference and being used to it? The only high level player I really see use the ZSR is ScrubKilla but I kind of prefer the ZSR too.

Have they confirmed that all stats (including hitbox height, turn radius, etc.) are identical between the original and ZSR? I actually prefer the look of the ZSR as well, but it definitely felt "off" to me when I played it, and I had been an original Octane main for months (specifically, I remember it feeling heavier/less nimble). I guess it could be a mental thing, but I feel like any time they say a car's stats are identical, people feel they are different.

Pepiope

Someone is just off with ZSR.

I tried the ZSR before I went with the Octane, and it just didn't feel as good.

mantrakid

Today at Nintendos booth at PAX West, I had the pleasure of playing a few games of Rocket League with my son on a couple of locally networked Nintendo Switches. While the general novelty was neat, and I do look forward to playing Rocket League on the go or wherever, really, I sort of lost my hype for it because of 2 key factors:

- the controls were harder with everything cramped together on the switch. I found myself hitting wrong buttons, or pressing L down when I just wanted L2/LZ, and other pretty basic cumbersomeness.. while I figure this could just be something I have to get used to, I did feel like it was not something I could use for like a serious game. Maybe better with pro controller but...
- the other thing was the game itself seemed..... slow...? I donno if it's the size of the screen, or maybe the camera was different enough to my home settings that it was extra noticeable, but it didn't feel fast like AT all... I never felt like I was playing like a fast competitive game. I felt like I was streaming it from PS4 to Vita...

This was all exacerbated by the fact that one of the Psyonix reps was talking to another player as they finished and I heard her say, almost word for word... 'so what do you think? Does it feel like Rocket League?'

This is a weird question if you think about it... what would be the point in asking that? Like shouldn't it of course feel like Rocket League? Isn't it Rocket League? Why would it NOT feel like Rocket League? What do you mean does it feel LIKE Rocket League? Again, isnt it Rocket League?

Anyways... I guess i'm just bummed because when it comes to Rocket League on the switch I have much lower expectations than it will effectively be a novelty and not something I can seriously win a game against actual PC or Xbox players with... it truly does feel handicapped.

Did anyone else try it at PAX? what did you think?

Top Bottom