• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I never wanted to look at it again. It's super disgusting" -- MVCi producer on Chun

CO_Andy

marvel_vs-capcom_infinite-5.jpg
vlcsnap-2017-06-13-17h20m59s228.png

SFV Chun said:

GameSpot said:
Okay. So just to return to Chun-Li's face.

Michael Evans: Haha. I knew you were gonna say that.

Are you guys gonna look at that again, given the widespread negative response?

Michael Evans: Yes. Well when put that way, I say, I never wanted to look at it again. It's super--no, okay. It is disgusting. Of course we will look at it again. We're gonna look at it. Can't promise anything right now, but we want to make our fans happy, man. We're not an evil overlord company, despite the rumors. We do want to make our fans happy. Can't promise anything. We'll look into it. I believe Ono already said something about that.

Article

They finally get another chance to make an amazing MvC game and they screw up the looks so bad. I could get over it if it had a better roster perhaps. Won't be buying this unless it's on a heavy sale!

Capcom, no-one thinks you're an evil overlord company. That implies a level of confidence well beyond Capcom in 2017.

Maybe the company equivalent of an evil janitor?

Ummmm...the game is coming out in September...I don't see how they'll fix the laundry list of issues with the game by then. The smart thing to do would be delay it, but of course that won't happen.

Vic_Viper

Cant promise anything!?

Why would you release this game with character models that look like that lol. Im really worried about this game now, especially after SFV. I understand EVO is a big factor into their launch window but come on.

I have heard that the Story Demo we got was really old and the demo that was on the show floor looked much better. But even then, none of the actual models were any different, just that the game looked improved from what we got.

Nyoro SF

Er, I hope the focus on her face doesn't mean that that's the only thing they're gonna fix.

It's kind of weird cause Thanos looks amazingly cool, but Dante looks like he hit up the meth lab for his fix.

JayEH

Cant promise anything!?

Why would you release this game with character models that look like that lol. Im really worried about this game now, especially after SFV. I understand EVO is a big factor into their launch window but come on.

This game launches 2 months after evo.

Chun-Li's unfortunately hideous face is just the poster child of the bigger problem that is most of the character models and animations in the game.

She looks a bit like Emma Stone but with Lady Gaga's nose.

I don't see the problem. Apart from the nose, they modeled her after an Asian person, so it's a fair representation I think.

Sho Nuff

Banned
These guys know what's up for sure with the game and probably the only way they can get Japan to make changes is if they make a big stink about it publicly.

I would argue a good producer takes responsibility as to saying "I KNOW MY TEAM SUCKS, RIGHT?"

Top Bottom