• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I never wanted to look at it again. It's super disgusting" -- MVCi producer on Chun

Spade

Here's a diff picture incase anybody wanted one. Guess which face(s) folks.

Marvel-vs-Capcom-Infinite-1.jpg

Village

That's cool that's cool

Who the fuck can you talk to about fixing kens face in SFV because he's literally the first thing you see on the p2 character select

The game doesn't look that bad in motion, it's just everything else. Kinda confused about the comments on Chun. They released that to the public, it's not like it was a leak or anything, so were they expecting to get shit on?

RedBoot

I still seriously think they used DmC Dante as a reference when modeling this Dante's face.

I also think Spencer looks better here! That might be the only one though.

A lot of the capcom side is suffering
image33soz.jpg

Compared to the Marvel side which looks great

You know, I think I just realized (and I say this as a huge RE fan), I think Chris looks terrible in every game he's ever been in except REmake and RE5. What a bizarrely inconsistent character.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
More annoyed about Dante and Cap myself, Cap looks like he has no neck and his eyes are spaced too far apart, Dante looks like he takes meth

Infact thor looks bad too

KingBroly

Banned
It's not JUST the faces that are bad, though. The entire model looks bad. Most are faces, but Chun...it's the entire thing, animations too.

Shifty

Dude seemed a tad shaken by the question based on that excerpt. 'Uh ah shit yeah it's awful we'll fix it except no promises, but we'll fix it.'

It's not even horrible, with a few tweaks it will look fine. That first shot of her dashing actually doesn't look bad.

I think you sit a few artists down with her for a few weeks and she will look fine.

soultron

Banned
What a way to trash a character artist's work (and by proxy, the art director too) by publicly saying "it's disgusting." There are way better ways to address the feedback publicly and this producer kind of embarrassed himself on that front.

Sulik2

Her face in MvC: I looks terrible, but she still looks better then the travesty that is the art style of SFV. That is one ugly game. Its cool they are going to adjust the model. Team Ninja did a great job of fixing faces after the initial unveil of DoA 5, Capcom should follow suit.

Pizza

Considering the jump netherrealm did on the facial front before Injustice 2 dropped I actually have some faith that they can pull it off

Top Bottom