• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

damn my level 200 4/4/3 jean only barely made it
c8884QG.jpg

damn my level 200 4/4/3 jean only barely made it

This is a tough one. Any tips? 4/2/2 over here.

I get the whole denying red then purple - black seems inconsequential since Jean's purple can diffuse it right away....but should I be trying to bait Moonstone into a 5 match??

Triz

Save purple and till you have green. She will take over your green tiles and you can clear it with purple after.

Pulled my 13th cage cover. Need about 40k ISO to finish him up.

MiTYH

2/2/4 Level 168 Jean managed it pretty easily. Boost green AP, fire it as often as possible. Save pink for when moonstone uses her black. Otherwise, hope for good tiles from green (I got a few protect the first time, then strike and attack the second).

Heavy deny red, and you'll be all set.

Got a pink spiderwoman for my troubles. Now she's 1/3/2

Spoit

Yay, the clash gave me another CM cover. I might actually be able to do this, just need 1 more cover in 10 days (and probably like 100k more ISO)

Xion385

Small goals. I still need I to get all the covers for 4 of my 2* characters. I have 3 that have complete covers, but need the ISO-8 to be champed.

Next small goal is to get my characters to 144 so I can finally start transitioning to 3*. My current highest is Magneto at 107. I can finally clear that DDQ quest to get that guaranteed 3* cover.

weshes195

Hey I have a question as I'm just starting this game out: What is the best way to upgrade a characters power? I'm only beginning but I just received storms 2nd cover for her third power and I will probably have to choose for my charactera which powers to max.

The question is: is there anyway to respec or change their powers if I realize it was a mistake? And what happens if I choose to just not upgrade her cover? Does it stay there saying I have a reward or will I have to get a new slot for the cover (which I wouldn't do). Sorry but for a fun game there aren't many guides!

zulux21

Hey I have a question as I'm just starting this game out: What is the best way to upgrade a characters power? I'm only beginning but I just received storms 2nd cover for her third power and I will probably have to choose for my charactera which powers to max.

The question is: is there anyway to respec or change their powers if I realize it was a mistake? And what happens if I choose to just not upgrade her cover? Does it stay there saying I have a reward or will I have to get a new slot for the cover (which I wouldn't do). Sorry but for a fun game there aren't many guides!

any character with rarity 2 or higher can eventually be champed by taking them to max level and paying a small fee which will allow you to respec them as you like. beyond that you can consume covers to respec things if you get the covers.

for example lets say your 1* storm is at 4 green covers, 5 yellow (I think that is her middle cover color) and 4 black covers and you want to make her have 5 green, 3 yellow, and 5 black. When you get a green or a black cover you could apply it to her to reduce the yellow by one and increase that by one.

also make sure you join a full alliance as soon as possible, as that is up to 2k iso per day, plus a lot of extra tokens to pull things.

if you aren't sure about how you want to build a character in game now you can slide a power up to see what it does, if you want recommended builds
http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_Wiki
is a good resource and typically has the accepted build as the top rated one.

obviously builds can be based on your whole team though.

there are plenty of characters where the best build might have you be putting 5 covers in lets say a red power, but you might team that person up with a better red most of the time so it would be better to just level their other powers.

weshes195

any character with rarity 2 or higher can eventually be champed by taking them to max level and paying a small fee which will allow you to respec them as you like. beyond that you can consume covers to respec things if you get the covers.

for example lets say your 1* storm is at 4 green covers, 5 yellow (I think that is her middle cover color) and 4 black covers and you want to make her have 5 green, 3 yellow, and 5 black. When you get a green or a black cover you could apply it to her to reduce the yellow by one and increase that by one.

also make sure you join a full alliance as soon as possible, as that is up to 2k iso per day, plus a lot of extra tokens to pull things.

if you aren't sure about how you want to build a character in game now you can slide a power up to see what it does, if you want recommended builds
http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_Puzzle_Quest_Wiki
is a good resource and typically has the accepted build as the top rated one.

obviously builds can be based on your whole team though.

there are plenty of characters where the best build might have you be putting 5 covers in lets say a red power, but you might team that person up with a better red most of the time so it would be better to just level their other powers.

Thanks so much! I joined an alliance yesterday but I don't really understand it. When I go to the page it says that my group got a point today. Are those important? Is there a way to see how many of them there are?

zulux21

Thanks so much! I joined an alliance yesterday but I don't really understand it. When I go to the page it says that my group got a point today. Are those important? Is there a way to see how many of them there are?

i'm not actually sure what you are talking about in regards to stuff.

though my guess is your chat says you got a CP point today. which isn't an every day thing.

but it should be noted... you should not spend those any time soon.

weshes195

i'm not actually sure what you are talking about in regards to stuff.

though my guess is your chat says you got a CP point today. which isn't an every day thing.

but it should be noted... you should not spend those any time soon.

Yes those! How am is supposed to know how many I have?

Triz

Top right of your screen stats. Three one is ISO, one is HP, one is CP. If you are just starting out just keep saving the CP. No point in spending it to get a 4 or 5 star, it will just mess up your scaling and make the game harder for you.

zulux21

on top of your screen you should have something that looks similar to

aka iso, HP and CP.

as long as you have 1 CP will show up, if you don't have any it won't show up at all.

really just hoard them though, it's not in your best interest to try to get 4* any time soon, and really you shouldn't use them (or if you somehow get a legendary token don't pull that either) until you are mostly done filling in your 3* roster. A few 4* aren't that bad, but if you pull a 5* early on you are going to have to either sell it or deal with your scaling being completely ruined.

you can also use CP to buy 3 star covers, but in general it isn't recommended, that being said if you are close to finishing a good one off it can be a fine spend to use CP to get them. Heck I still use CP for some of the new 3 stars from time to time as dr. strange really speeds some things up.

Dalek

I couldn't resist opening my tokens and I of course got a cover for a fully covered Gwenpool. Now it's a rush to level her up in time.

Today is my 1000th day playing. I got a Blue 5 star Spidey as a login reward.

weshes195

on top of your screen you should have something that looks similar to

aka iso, HP and CP.

as long as you have 1 CP will show up, if you don't have any it won't show up at all.

really just hoard them though, it's not in your best interest to try to get 4* any time soon, and really you shouldn't use them (or if you somehow get a legendary token don't pull that either) until you are mostly done filling in your 3* roster. A few 4* aren't that bad, but if you pull a 5* early on you are going to have to either sell it or deal with your scaling being completely ruined.

you can also use CP to buy 3 star covers, but in general it isn't recommended, that being said if you are close to finishing a good one off it can be a fine spend to use CP to get them. Heck I still use CP for some of the new 3 stars from time to time as dr. strange really speeds some things up.

Huh i guess I don't have any. It says my alliance got them, do I have to personally get these points?

Dispatch

What's everybody's go-to 2* team for the dailies?

I've always run BW/Storm/Thor but I'm thinking there could be faster options.

I run Hawkeye, Storm and Magneto. Use Magneto's purple to generate a match of 5 or more, which triggers Hawkeye's speed shot and also charges blue for Storm's stun.

It's the fastest.

In fact, instead of cycling through those three characters, I'm thinking of buying three slots for three extras of those characters. Am I crazy?

MiTYH

What's everybody's go-to 2* team for the dailies?

I've always run BW/Storm/Thor but I'm thinking there could be faster options.

Storm, Magneto, Wolverine. I usually just get pinks/reds in the first wave, building up blue stockpile, then second wave storm blue/wolverine red to finish it.

Lots of choices really, I just like Wolverine

zulux21

I run Hawkeye, Storm and Magneto. Use Magneto's purple to generate a match of 5 or more, which triggers Hawkeye's speed shot and also charges blue for Storm's stun.

It's the fastest.

In fact, instead of cycling through those three characters, I'm thinking of buying three slots for three extras of those characters. Am I crazy?

this is indeed the best team.

Mag's purple also creates red tiles to fuel hawkeye's AOE red move as well.

Lots of good suggestions, thanks!

It's the fastest.

I did that for the OBW, Storm & Thor that I typically run. The extra heroic tokens & 3* covers are always helpful.

this is indeed the best team.

Mag's purple also creates red tiles to fuel hawkeye's AOE red move as well.

How are you specing Mags & Hawkeye for this?

zulux21

How are you specing Mags & Hawkeye for this?

Mags beyond 5 purple doesn't matter, though I go with 5 red because it's a good 1 turn countdown bomb that can fuel other attacks if your hawkeye is a victim of a horrible chain of events.

Hawkeye is 5 red 5 purple as his red is a nice AOE and his purple is the main boost in speed to this.

typically you just have to make matches until you get 9 purple and you are set. fire off mags' purple and make a 5 match to get blue for storms AOE, red for hawkeye's read, and to trigger like 5k worth of damage in countdown tiles.

make a few more matches of blue if you need it while the countdown tiles countdown and it will finish wave one of the deadpool daily. and then when the second wave starts just launch storms blue to wipe out all but one.

if you have 14 red MAg's red can be used to nuke the last enemy, otherwise a combo of red, purple and green are typically effective to take out that last enemy.

the mags purple also does a great job of letting this team kill the third round of DDQ as well.

typically you just have to make matches until you get 9 purple and you are set. fire off mags' purple and make a 5 match to get blue for storms AOE, red for hawkeye's read, and to trigger like 5k worth of damage in countdown tiles.

This is awesome; thanks again. Now I can sell OBW & Thor since I'm already building up their doubles.

zulux21

This is awesome; thanks again. Now I can sell OBW & Thor since I'm already building up their doubles.

yeah i was using OBW/Thor/Storm for a while and then had to find a replacement after I got them to 144 and switched to the mags/hawkeye/storm team and have never looked back lol.

Dalek

Also-should I respec 3* Thanos?

I have him at 5/4/4 and while Court Death does a ton of damage which is great-it also hurts the team and I like using Dr. Strange. My PVE team for easy and medium nodes was Dr. Strange, Thanos and OML but Strange gets worn down really quick.

Spoit

Also-should I respec 3* Thanos?

I have him at 5/4/4 and while Court Death does a ton of damage which is great-it also hurts the team and I like using Dr. Strange. My PVE team for easy and medium nodes was Dr. Strange, Thanos and OML but Strange gets worn down really quick.

I depends on where your scaling is. I personally have him at 5 black, because 4k hits the break points a lot more often than 3k would

NineH

Pulled a Medusa cover today-she's now 5/5/2 for me. She's a top tier 4* right?

When Medusa and Wasp were buffed in PvP, I never had so many defensive wins in my life. I would say between 20 and 25 defense wins and I was so shocked. Normally, I get to 900 points and get whittled down to around 500 but with Medusa/Wasp, I was around 750 at the end so I think Medusa is fantastic. To be fair, I think Wasp played a huge factor too though.

Triz

Im on a pull hiatus with CP and legendary tokens until I get the 300k ISO I need to finish off Blade. Constant pulls are driving me mad with having to rush level everyone. Plus Im starting to get duplicates (pulled a wasted Gwenpool yesterday.)

Spoit

When Medusa and Wasp were buffed in PvP, I never had so many defensive wins in my life. I would say between 20 and 25 defense wins and I was so shocked. Normally, I get to 900 points and get whittled down to around 500 but with Medusa/Wasp, I was around 750 at the end so I think Medusa is fantastic. To be fair, I think Wasp played a huge factor too though.

Yeah, people (read: me) definitely underestimate the new wasp

zulux21

I depends on where your scaling is. I personally have him at 5 black, because 4k hits the break points a lot more often than 3k would
I have him at 5 black as well. maybe when he gets higher level I will drop him down, but in a node where the enemies are 80-120 or so strange will typically heal 2-3 times before he fires making the damage not a big deal. for weaker things than that I just run thanos with two 5 stars I don't care about (they have the fastest heal rate and have good match damage)

I want to play around with the new wasp, as I always liked her character. sadly she is the only female in the game that doesn't love me lol. I never see covers for her.

I am debating if I want to favorite her but I already have 4 favorites. (medusa and peggy are musts for me as both are awesome, prof x is one because I need two more blue covers for him, and teen jean is the other as I need one more purple and two more green for her to be really dangerous.

New to this game, pretty fun so far. Is there a guide on how to play Versus? I can play Red Shift and SHIELD but not Space Season.

build a 5* roster after 2-3 years of playing and then grind grind grind >.>

more seriously, join with about 13 hours of the event left, grind as hard as you can for 5 hours until there is 8 hours left, and then do an 8 hour shield if you are in a decent spot.

I don't do much pvp though since I think i am going to have the wrong iso problems in a few months i might have to start. for now moving all of my 4 stars up to level 200 seems to be keeping my iso in check. I only have like 450k of it right now.

Dalek

New to this game, pretty fun so far. Is there a guide on how to play Versus? I can play Red Shift and SHIELD but not Space Season.

Space Season is simply the name of the current PVP season. The seasons once had numerical naming conventions such as Season 2, Season 3, etc. Once it was up in the 30's they decide to simply name the seasons after the Reality gems-and just rotate the names. So currently it's Space, the next season might be Time, etc.

With PVP there are different events one right after another each lasting 3 days. In that event you are playing against other teams that have played. The points you earn from winning the fight is dependent on how many points your opponent has. The more points they have, the bigger reward you'll get. After hitting certain score targets in PVP you will earn prizes. Obviously it's harder and harder to climb the ranks-so the higher you go the better the prize. Of course, the more points you get, the bigger target you make for yourself. Other players will see you and attack you. If they win their fight, you lose points. You can shield yourself by spending HP to do so-but this early on, I don't recommend doing so at all. The resources you would spend buying shields are much better off being used for Hero Slots this early on in the game. If you're just starting out-just focus on building your 2 Star characters. Specifically I recommend getting Magneto, Storm and Hawkeye fully covered and leveled. Make this your first goal for yourself.

you'll then use these characters in the Deadpool Daily Quest which has different nodes of difficulty. When you get the three characters above pretty decent, you'll be able to clear the two 2* nodes and earn a token and some ISO each day reliably. This will in turn start building your covers.

Don't spend Command Points (CP) at all-just let it accumulate. You won't need to spend any for a very long time. Only ever spend Heroic Points (HP) on buying roster slots! Never for buying covers themselves. In fact you might want to spend about 10 dollars or so on HP just to buy some free roster slots for the slew of random covers you're about to get. eventually you're going to need every character, so I feel it's best to hold onto them all.

Finally-I recommend doing all the story missions first to 100% and earn everything there. Then try your hand at PVE. You'll most likely find it easier than PVP.

Oh and you really only need one 1* star character and that's Juggernaut. Maybe 1 * star Black Widow if you'd like-as she has the best stun move in the game. Any other 1 star cover just sell for resources.

build a 5* roster after 2-3 years of playing and then grind grind grind >.>

And this.

Im on a pull hiatus with CP and legendary tokens until I get the 300k ISO I need to finish off Blade. Constant pulls are driving me mad with having to rush level everyone. Plus Im starting to get duplicates (pulled a wasted Gwenpool yesterday.)

It's the smart play.

When I drop below 240 CP, 1 million ISO or 10 LTs I lay off that particular resource pool. I've had to toss seven or eight 4* covers and it always feels terrible.

That having been said, this new system of only featuring new 4* characters in pulls could flip the script. I kind of hate that the 4*s I've been slowly building towards for years are now no longer available.

Triz

It's the smart play.

When I drop below 240 CP, 1 million ISO or 10 LTs I lay off that particular resource pool. I've had to toss seven or eight 4* covers and it always feels terrible.

That having been said, this new system of only featuring new 4* characters in pulls could flip the script. I kind of hate that the 4*s I've been slowly building towards for years are now no longer available.

Thats whats causing the bottleneck, I almost have Mordo and RiRi done already. With practically no Iso dumped into them. Its nice to get characters leveled quick, but when I was pulling old covers it was more balanced IMO.

zulux21

they are, just as bonus heroes though.
they are supposedly working on a way to get the old characters.

it should just be another two stores. one that is 20CP for 4 stars, and one that is like 5CP for 3 stars, but alas my money is on a vault that is like 10CP a pull and has one copy of each 4 star that is vaulted, one copy of each 3 star that is vaulted, and like 50 2 stars @_@

Thats whats causing the bottleneck, I almost have Mordo and RiRi done already. With practically no Iso dumped into them. Its nice to get characters leveled quick, but when I was pulling old covers it was more balanced IMO.

while the new way is going to take some time to have things adjusted, right now is WAY WAY WAY!!!!!!! more balanced.
as it was, even an even pull rate across all characters and colors, you were looking at needing thousands of pulls to get a character fully built. the pool was just getting to diluted for characters that most people only get a few pulls on per week.

Dalek

Thanks. What does "Overcome your attacker." in Versus mean? Can I take back the points an attacker took?

That's a retaliation. You can hit back against hte person that hit you. However, check the points that they have. If it's very low-then it's not worth fighting them. You may only gain 7 points, but if they attack you again and you lose-you could lose more than 7.

zulux21

GAFvengers is full right now. zulux usually watches our members like a hawk and if they stop logging in everyday-they're out! He'll post if we are going to have an opening.

to be fair.... I give a lot of leeway with the log in. I just tend to make mental notes about who seems to be logging in less.

for example if I just booted people who don't log in every day stevie e would have been out a while ago :p but even though I would say they have missed probably 10-15% of the log ins the last 8 months or so (though they have been a lot better for the last month or so) it's never been a huge chunk of days. I typically only start a boot discussion after they haven't logged in for more than 5 days straight and haven't said something in alliance chat or in here about being unable to play for a while. Typically a boot happens after a week straight of no log ins and no contact.

I just have a habit of when ever I don't get my full alliance bonus to go and look at why lol.

Permanently A

That's a retaliation. You can hit back against hte person that hit you. However, check the points that they have. If it's very low-then it's not worth fighting them. You may only gain 7 points, but if they attack you again and you lose-you could lose more than 7.

Makes sense, thanks.

It says I'm #1 on Red Shift, that can't be right can it? Is everyone just waiting to push at the last half hour?

Dalek

Makes sense, thanks.

It says I'm #1 on Red Shift, that can't be right can it? Is everyone just waiting to push at the last half hour?

Because you are new to the game you've probally been placed in an "easy" bracket-with other players with similar experience and rosters. If you're cranking away-you should be good. If you're number one with a half hour left-you're in good shape-might even be worth using a 3 hour Shield right now for 75 HP to retain a high rank and not get hit again.

Top Bottom