• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

zulux21

ah... one of the easiest clash as long as you have a couple blue for iceman and a couple of purple covers as well...

so easy to stun lock a single enemy with him.

Triz

I have a War Machine cover that will expire tomorrow morning. I kept holding onto it hoping to pull a bonus 4 star to give me a different color to champ. So frustrating.

I have a War Machine cover that will expire tomorrow morning. I kept holding onto it hoping to pull a bonus 4 star to give me a different color to champ. So frustrating.

That's happened to me twice with Iceman and yesterday with Laura/Wolvie. It drives me crazy.

Dalek

Yeah that's rough. I can't pull a new cover for my Moon Knight who is 3/3/5.

I'm in the same situation with PunMax, but I timed it so I have 12 days to do it (it's from 3* Pun champ rewards so I waited the full 14 days to use it, so that I had two more weeks to pull the last cover).

Spoit

Yeah, the main reason I'm not favoriting Dr strange is because his first 4* cover is a yellow nova, which I've already had to waste 2 of. While meanwhile I think he's 1/5/0 or something.

Still better than my 0/8/0 X-23.

And meanwhile, the classics keep giving me venom covers, both of which are only 2 from being done, despite me never really bothering to go for their covers

I just got my first bonus 4*. Pulled a purple Iceman putting him at 2/5/4....then my bonus was another purple Iceman. Went to train and it was a yellow 4* Venom.

Weird. Has anybody had this happen?

zulux21

I just got my first bonus 4*. Pulled a purple Iceman putting him at 2/5/4....then my bonus was another purple Iceman. Went to train and it was a yellow 4* Venom.

Weird. Has anybody had this happen?

yeah right now your bonus character is the first one you see and you get a random hero from the current pack that you don't know what it is.

it's a known bug.

Spoit

Ugh, the iceman DDQ gave me a CM....but it's the cover I already have maxed. Somehow I doubt I'll get 2 more covers (and like 200k ISO) in 2 weeks

Ugh, the iceman DDQ gave me a CM....but it's the cover I already have maxed. Somehow I doubt I'll get 2 more covers (and like 200k ISO) in 2 weeks

The 200K ISO isn't that hard. The two covers might be, unless you feel like making her your bonus hero for a little bit.

Triz

The 200K ISO isn't that hard. The two covers might be, unless you feel like making her your bonus hero for a little bit.

and then continuing to pull the one color you have maxed with the bonus token (if you are even lucky enough to get the bonus on a 4 star.)

#WarMachineProblems

Spoit

and then continuing to pull the one color you have maxed with the bonus token (if you are even lucky enough to get the bonus on a 4 star.)

#WarMachineProblems

She is my bonus! (Though this wasn't a bonus draw). I did get the one color I had maxed!

Triz

Who is the best choice to complement 3* Strange & 3* Thanos for goon nodes? I've been using LDaken but am wondering if there's another option.

any person you don't mind taking damage. Thanks and Strange kill everything off on their on. I usually stick an unleveled 5 star with them.

zulux21

Who is the best choice to complement 3* Strange & 3* Thanos for goon nodes? I've been using LDaken but am wondering if there's another option.

any 5* will do damage (you can cycle all the useless ones instead of using health packs), alternatively iron fist is great to get an extra 500 damage a round on things.

zulux21

Iron Fist (Danny Rand)’s first power is called Chi Focus and costs six Blue AP. For this power, Danny concentrates his energy to augment his physical power. What that means in the game is this power creates a Purple Strike tile. Then, if there are any additional friendly Strike tiles on the board, it Fortifies them and the team gains Green AP.

Danny’s second power is called Crowd Control for eight Green AP. Danny rushes into the fray, making quick work of his enemies. This power deals damage, then if there is more than one enemy remaining, the team gains two Black AP. Otherwise, he deals extra damage.

Danny’s third power is called Like Unto Iron and costs 12 Black AP. Danny channels all his chi into his fist to deliver a devastating punch. It converts up to two friendly Protect tiles to Strike tiles, then deals damage.

wiL86q5.png

JN593fL.png

NlXTtJ9.png

will have to see the final numbers, but at first glance doesn't seem amazing.

though might be a decent way to turn blue into green or green into black in the 4 star land.

Spoit

Iron Fist (Danny Rand)'s first power is called Chi Focus and costs six Blue AP. For this power, Danny concentrates his energy to augment his physical power. What that means in the game is this power creates a Purple Strike tile. Then, if there are any additional friendly Strike tiles on the board, it Fortifies them and the team gains Green AP.

Danny's second power is called Crowd Control for eight Green AP. Danny rushes into the fray, making quick work of his enemies. This power deals damage, then if there is more than one enemy remaining, the team gains two Black AP. Otherwise, he deals extra damage.

Danny's third power is called Like Unto Iron and costs 12 Black AP. Danny channels all his chi into his fist to deliver a devastating punch. It converts up to two friendly Protect tiles to Strike tiles, then deals damage.

though might be a decent way to turn blue into green or green into black in the 4 star land.
Non-purple AP conversion is always useful. And the blue might be a good TU to send for OML teams

EDIT: full stats are up: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=61813

6 blue->4 green is not bad at all, 50% conversion for green is....less so. And while the damage numbers for black seem mostly adequate, I'm not sure it's really that useful compared to say, HB or CM.

Iron Fist (Danny Rand)’s first power is called Chi Focus and costs six Blue AP. For this power, Danny concentrates his energy to augment his physical power. What that means in the game is this power creates a Purple Strike tile. Then, if there are any additional friendly Strike tiles on the board, it Fortifies them and the team gains Green AP.

Danny’s second power is called Crowd Control for eight Green AP. Danny rushes into the fray, making quick work of his enemies. This power deals damage, then if there is more than one enemy remaining, the team gains two Black AP. Otherwise, he deals extra damage.

Danny’s third power is called Like Unto Iron and costs 12 Black AP. Danny channels all his chi into his fist to deliver a devastating punch. It converts up to two friendly Protect tiles to Strike tiles, then deals damage.

Full numbers are out on the forums. Black deals 10K at 5 covers at max level. And blue and green both generate 4AP of their respective colors (green, black) at 5 covers (blue creates 3 green at 3 covers, green creates 2 black). I feel like the OK damage numbers are made up by the fact that he's self feeding, and not only that but self-feeding by directly generating the AP instead of manipulating tiles. I think you'll get off his black and green more often in a match that you'd think.

zulux21

Non-purple AP conversion is always useful. And the blue might be a good TU to send for OML teams

EDIT: full stats are up: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=61813

6 blue->4 green is not bad at all, 50% conversion for green is....less so. And while the damage numbers for black seem mostly adequate, I'm not sure it's really that useful compared to say, HB or CM.

well I imagine that the goal is when paired with luke cage 4* all the protect tiles you got from firing powers make a bunch of strike tiles.

likely would play decent with red hulk as well.

fist is blue/green/black
cage is yellow/black/red
and hulk covers the purple and can use the green pretty efficiently.

could be fun with like 4 star cap as well... really any protect producer could be fun.

Spoit

But yeah, even though blue is by far his best power, I think 3/5/5 looks like the best build. The other powers just lose a lot more going from 5->3, by comparison

But yeah, even though blue is by far his best power, I think 3/5/5 looks like the best build. The other powers just lose a lot more going from 5->3, by comparison

I think 5/5/3 works if you're willing to use him to feed someone else's black (say for example Cap Marvel). And because I'm always thinking about how Recharge interacts with everything, with this Fist it gets you 2 blue casts and then, if you already had enough strike tiles out, 1.5 to 2 green casts. If I ever get everyone fully covered, I'd like to try out a Cap Marvel, IM40, Danny Rand team.

Spoit

I think that trying to shoehorn him behind the ch/rulk team (since they always seem to be buffed together) makes a lot of sense too. He's a good outlet for all that blue you get from automatched chulk tiles, and being able to chose 3/4 or 7 means less green being wasted

Triz

Hit shield Rank 81 today. Pulled my 12th Luke Cage cover from the Vault (Leveled him up to the 250 sitting point.) And sitting in first for the PVE. Today was a good MPQ day.

I can see on the Daily Shield rewards that day 1247 is a Heroic 10 pack, 1248 is 100HP, and 1249 is a legendary token.

zulux21

Hit shield Rank 81 today. Pulled my 12th Luke Cage cover from the Vault (Leveled him up to the 250 sitting point.) And sitting in first for the PVE. Today was a good MPQ day.

I can see on the Daily Shield rewards that day 1247 is a Heroic 10 pack, 1248 is 100HP, and 1249 is a legendary token.

tomorrow is 1175 for me.

stupid steam release being a few months behind.

I think you are exactly two weeks ahead of me.

Feels like the daily rewards have become less impressive in recent months.

zulux21

I think you are exactly two weeks ahead of me.

Feels like the daily rewards have become less impressive in recent months.

they are in line with what is always expected out side of year anniversaries.

the only major change is instead of giving you one random 4* cover, they are sticking with a single 4* for a couple 4 star cover dates that give you 2-3 of the different colors of covers.

edit: cool. it seems that with the new hero stuff you can already fully look at iron fist in game.

Dalek

I'm gonna get this right under the wire.

Level 268 Nova with 2 days and 16 hours left on the extra cover.

84271050.gif

And after that-I'm forcing myself into holding mode. I have the following characters fully covered and not leveled:

Punisher, Drax, Blade. Gwenpool, Spider-Woman

1 away from being fully covered: Venom

I need one more Ares cover to have him fully champed. Then I can sell him and recruit Riri.
The game is fighting me on it though. Apparently it wants me to have 15 Moonstones instead.

RNG gods bless me.

Triz

I need one more Ares cover to have him fully champed. Then I can sell him and recruit Riri.
The game is fighting me on it though. Apparently it wants me to have 15 Moonstones instead.

RNG gods bless me.

But Riri is fucking terrible....

I have 10 damn covers for that character.

But Riri is fucking terrible....

I have 10 damn covers for that character.

Yeah. But His space and the HP I'll get from the champ might let me recruit Mordo too.

Worse comes to worse, I sell Ares and my 2* Storm. So it'should not too bad. Just trying to get the most out of my roster. It's just funny I'm scrambling to get a 2* right now.

zulux21

Yeah. But His space and the HP I'll get from the champ might let me recruit Mordo too.

Worse comes to worse, I sell Ares and my 2* Storm. So it'should not too bad. Just trying to get the most out of my roster. It's just funny I'm scrambling to get a 2* right now.

meanwhile I just recruited bag man because... why not.

I think I only need 5 more roster spaces or so to be able to recruit every character (including 1 stars) though far more logically instead of recruiting one stars I would more have room to have 2 of every 2 star aka the one I have champed and the one I am building to replace the champ.

at the very least I have as many roster spaces as the number of updates we are on (122)

meanwhile I just recruited bag man because... why not.

I think I only need 5 more roster spaces or so to be able to recruit every character (including 1 stars) though far more logically instead of recruiting one stars I would more have room to have 2 of every 2 star aka the one I have champed and the one I am building to replace the champ.

at the very least I have as many roster spaces as the number of updates we are on (122)

Since I took all of your advice and stopped buying the daily 100HP pulls I've been able to roster all of the 2*s again, including dupes of the 3 I have fully champed so I can keep cycling.

117 slots right now.

I'm currently missing:

5* Strange, Hulk & Hawkeye
4* Medusa, Fist
2* Bag Man
1* Err'body but Juggs

Triz

I am only missing Mr. Fantastic (Since I sold him after the buff,) 5* Black Panther, and the 1 stars except for Spider man and Juggs. I have duplicates of Every two star champing. And Im sitting on 5k HP.

zulux21

Since I took all of your advice and stopped buying the daily 100HP pulls I've been able to roster all of the 2*s again, including dupes of the 3 I have fully champed so I can keep cycling.

117 slots right now.

I'm currently missing:

5* Strange, Hulk & Hawkeye
4* Medusa, Fist
2* Bag Man
1* Err'body but Juggs

yeah if the only time you ever spend money on tokens are the special ones that have quite a bit higher rates such as the anniversary ones, the HP gain is good enough to build up roster slots at a decent rate.

edit: cloak and dagger being teased in the new update.

Triz

4* Luke cage is buffed in the PVE. Holy shit he's a monster...Been pairing him with 4*Jean and Dr. strange. guys aren't hitting me for anything. All nodes cleared with not a single health pack used and that team the whole time except for required nodes.

So happy I dumped that Iso into him this week.

Dalek

4* Luke cage is buffed in the PVE. Holy shit he's a monster...Been pairing him with 4*Jean and Dr. strange. guys aren't hitting me for anything. All nodes cleared with not a single health pack used and that team the whole time except for required nodes.

So happy I dumped that Iso into him this week.

Yeah I championed him and he's a total beast.

Spoit

Bah, my pull was the only cover for spider-woman I have maxed. Not that I plan on leveling her any time soon, anyway.

But yeah, Thanks to all you whales who bought into this event. That was probably more than 10 CP all together

So I had 4* Cage sitting at 11 covers this morning with 1 that I couldn't use that had about 18 hours left. Thinking that I was never going to get 2 Cage covers in 18 hours, I sold it. Between the 10CP I got from the alliance and the compensation, the 15CP I got as a daily reward, and max progression, I was able to pull 3 classic legendaries. Two of which ended up being Cage, who I now have max covered. I'm not too upset, since it's going to a while before he gets rotated out of tokens so I'll get another one eventually, but it kinda stings.

In good news, I was able to Champ 4* Cyc this week, and I get a 4Thor cover as a daily reward in 4 days that means I'll be able to champ her. The only slightly negative thing is that champing 4Thor will officially finish off the ISO stockpile I had, which means I'll be grinding to finish off characters just like everyone else now. But at least I've got a good batch of champed 4* to work with (Kingpin, Deadpool, Teen Jean, Cyc, Gwenpool, Ghost Rider, and Peggy).

Top Bottom