• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Move Thread: It Only Does Everything

BradleyUK

Dilli666 said:
Nobody tried the RE5 Move patch yet? I'm jealous how it turned out.

Playing the game with move is very awkward at first but when you get used to it you start will start to enjoy the game.

Ignignort

Been.playing move practically all day. Great fun experience. Bought 2 move controllers and sports champions. All the games are good except for volleyball which is pretty lame.
The Shoot seems alright, would be better with the gun attachment.
Didn't really get into echochrome but can see how people woulds enjoy it.
Beat sketchers also seems kinda pointless

spats

BradleyUK said:
Playing the game with move is very awkward at first but when you get used to it you start will start to enjoy the game.

Glad to hear that. Started playing through the game yesterday with a friend but decided to go with the Dualshock. Quickly tried out the Move but it would've taken some serious brain reprogramming to jump straight into those controls. The cursor is really responsive and there are no technical complaints but it's completely different from pad controls.

Tried out almost all the demos aswell. Start the party is technically stunning - wiggling the foam hand around and bringing it right next to the camera and seeing every miniscule movement being picked up, it's pretty crazy. TV Superstars was just piss poor. Echocrome ii is super interesting. Couldn't buy Tumble yet because my CC wouldn't work with psn this morning :lol Looking forward to trying out that.

For anyone having trouble with the Beat Sketcher demo, I've finally figured out what the problem is. The game expects the Move controller to be controller nr. 7, so just assign it to that and it will work.

Has anyone bought tumble and put some time into it? Is there any way to find out what kind of medals you're still missing on the levels?

I've played some 6-7 levels, but all I remember is seeing which medals I have when I've completed the level, not anywhere else. Will have a look tonight.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Sony has announced a list of several new Move titles at TGS.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/100916c.html

Some are in fact not really new, but here's what is new as far as I can make out:

Pixeljunk Lifelike (working title)
Untitled Sports game (Konami)
Bass Fishing Life (working title) (Hudson)
Real Boxing (working title) (Hudson)
Danshinguai (working title - puzzle game) (Namco Bandai)
New Simulation Games from Marvelous Entertainment
'Tsuritore' (sports game) (Recom) http://www.recom-corp.co.jp/tsuritore/

jax (old)

Banned
I don't get why sports champion is averaging 75... Gladiator and archery are mad fun and these games are way better than wiisports is. Anyhow... Had to take a break from sc as I was getting really huffy and my arm is sore from delirious fun!!!

Installing the demos now. Start the party is 2gbs... ^__^

It's also absurd that euro/pal didn't get a bundled game.... :'(

jax (old)

Banned
gofreak said:

Some are in fact not really new, but here's what is new as far as I can make out:

Pjll is super exciting... I love pixel junk!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jax said:
I don't get why sports champion is averaging 75... Gladiator and archery are mad fun and these games are way better than wiisports is.

The problem from a reviewer's point of view is that you tend to review in context. If this came out 4 years ago, or was the first motion control sports game, it probably would score a lot better. Doesn't mean, of course, that out of that context it's not actually as good or a better game than others that have come before it. Gameplay and control wise it seems to me many reviewers agree it is very good, but presentation is what brings it down in their eyes. So if you can get over that, I'm sure there is a quality implementation underneath.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gofreak said:

My favourite part of any hardware launch is "Untitled Action Game #1" style game announcements. I LOVE 'em.

No45

gofreak said:
Ugh, hopefully it doesn't take too long for third parties to at least try something interesting with the tech.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Stumpokapow said:
My favourite part of any hardware launch is "Untitled Action Game #1" style game announcements. I LOVE 'em.

Given how many named games are supporting it I think they're allowed a few of these :p It wouldn't be the same without them.

The next Pixeljunk will probably be the most interesting of that bunch though.

By the by, for anyone else in Ireland, there's a dedicated Move store opening tomorrow through to November 14 in Dublin. It's at 50 South William Street.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/09/16/dublin-getting-playstation-move-hub-tomorrow/

Fox1304

RE5:gold ... received
PS Eye TV Clip ... shipped
Sports Champion ... shipped

Dual Move Controllers ... awaiting stock pick.

Thank you Zavvi :(

No45

Move and navi both at home, Tumble/Flight Control/Eyepet ready and waiting. Just a little more work, then the gym and I can get home and SMELL SQUEEZE THAT BALL!

Might pick up another Move + Sports Champions tomorrow, I'm sure I have some tat at home to trade. :)

Carl

Fox1304 said:
Thank you Zavvi :(

Zavvi suck. They've been processing my RE5 order for nearly a day

No45 said:
Move and navi both at home, Tumble/Flight Control/Eyepet ready and waiting. Just a little more work, then the gym and I can get home and SMELL SQUEEZE THAT BALL!

Might pick up another Move + Sports Champions tomorrow, I'm sure I have some tat at home to trade. :)

They smell lovely actually :p

SSJ1Goku

Banned
gofreak said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wow, I didn't realise how many demos were on the EU store. Better queue them up before tomorrow. Including echochrome! :)

No45 said:
Ugh, hopefully it doesn't take too long for third parties to at least try something interesting with the tech.

For the most part it seems like 3rd parties are going to be just implementing Move mostly as an option for alternate ways to play games unlike Kinect, which generally requires the game to be made for it specifically.

jax (old)

Banned
Ignignort said:
Been.playing move practically all day. Great fun experience. Bought 2 move controllers and sports champions. All the games are good except for volleyball which is pretty lame.
The Shoot seems alright, would be better with the gun attachment.
Didn't really get into echochrome but can see how people woulds enjoy it.
Beat sketchers also seems kinda pointless

shoot is alright but I won't buy it. If I had children. sure

echrome is kind of novel and interesting, will buy

Beat sketchers is kinda ... :lol :lol I was in my underwear and I was sort of bopping around painting shit and not understanding what it is.

Tumble is excellent. New different, interesting. Supporting this.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
There was one other new title on that list I missed - a puzzle game from Gameloft called 'Blocks' (which I guess is an iteration in their series of various 'blocks' related puzzle games). I initially thought this was Tumble :p It's coming this winter in Japan, not sure if it's PSN or what, although I'd probably guess so.

Double D

Well, the urge finally set in. I guess I'll buy this tomorrow. Anyways, I've read the last couple of pages, but didn't see any answers to these questions. Thanks In advance for helping

-How long is the cord for the Eye? My PS3 is a pretty good distance from my TV so this is kind of a big deal for me.
-It looks like the best deal to get right away would be the bundle and an extra Move controller, right? Seems as though the sub controller isn't used as much as I thought it would have been, and I can always use my DS3 in the meantime to cut some of the initial cost.

Sony dropped the ball with Move at TGS. They really should have had some new games to announce or demo. They'll be needing some more exclusive games.

Quasar

No45 said:

Well I certainly find Echochrome2 an interesting and cool use of the tech. And great game if the demo is anything to go by. Worth getting myself a move controller just for this.

Galvanise_ said:
Sony dropped the ball with Move at TGS. They really should have had some new games to announce or demo. They'll be needing some more exclusive games.

The lack of a new Minna No Golf or Minna No Tennis game shows that Sony is indeed run by monkeys.

Galvanise_ said:

I highly doubt we will see huge Move support, it's being implemented more like an accessory it seems. It's not like Kinect which is being launched and treated almost like a whole new system pretty much. With Move it almost feels like for the most part it's just going to be an optional component for games instead of having many games made exclusively for it.

What big sony games are coming that are move exclusive? So far it just seems like they are tacking on move support on their big games.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Singstar Dance (PS Move title) Track List

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/16/singstar-dance-track-list/#more-36439

PS Blog said:
•*N Sync – Bye Bye Bye
•Black Eyed Peas – Shut Up
•Blondie – Heart Of Glass
•Chris Brown – With You
•Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
•Diana Ross and The Supremes – Baby Love
•Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
•Gossip – Standing In The Way Of Control
•Gwen Stefani – What You Waiting For?
•Jamiroquai – Cosmic Girl
•KC & The Sunshine Band – That’s The Way (I Like It)
•Kid Cudi vs Crookers – Day ‘N’ Nite
•Kool And The Gang – Celebration
•La Roux – Bulletproof
•Lady Gaga – Poker Face
•MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This
•New Kids On The Block – Hangin Tough
•Outkast – Hey Ya!
•Paula Abdul – Straight Up
•Pitbull – I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
•Reel 2 Real feat. The Mad Stuntman – I Like To Move It
•Ricky Martin – Living La Vida Loca
•Run DMC vs Jason Nevins – It’s Like That
•Salt N Pepa – Push It
•Shaggy – Boombastic
•Sir Mix A Lot – Baby Got Back
•Soulja Boy – Crank That
•The Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)
•The Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
•The Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha

Hanmik

345triangle said:
sports game? as far as i can tell it is a multiplayer online fishing RPG :/

fuck yeah!

turi_base3.jpg

Can't believe there's no Everybody's Golf announced for this yet. Or some major Japanese games.

I still feel that SCE Japan still just doesn't "get it" - kinda what Phil Harrison was saying those years ago. Move really came out of the SCEE and SCEA has embraced it well but we really need to see Japan doing more with it.

EDIT: Basically I want to see more retail Move-exclusive projects like Sorcery. Move still all feels a little half-hearted to me.

gcubed

AranhaHunter said:
The lack of a new Minna No Golf or Minna No Tennis game shows that Sony is indeed run by monkeys.

SCEJ basically is dragging the rest of SCE down. The firmware stories, the lack of games, etc... SCEJ needs to drop their control of Playstation

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Galvanise_ said:

They did put a number of new games on the radar, even if they're not 'big' games.

Although depending on what Marvelous is doing I might revise that...a new harvest moon for example would be very nice.

BattleMonkey said:
I highly doubt we will see huge Move support, it's being implemented more like an accessory it seems. It's not like Kinect which is being launched and treated almost like a whole new system pretty much. With Move it almost feels like for the most part it's just going to be an optional component for games instead of having many games made exclusively for it.

I would say that it can be used in 'normal' games means you'll simply see more games support Move. Not that you necessarily won't see Move dedicated games, however. As for right now, there's >30 dedicated games announced, out of a total of nearly 70 games. This far exceeds the number of announced Kinect games. If it could only be used in specific dedicated titles, you'd 'only' have those 30 or so games, maybe fewer. Move has literally much more utility, and thus value, because it can be used in those other games too, yet you almost talk about it like it's a weakness.

Top Bottom