• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am i installing horizon?

i want to play it...

does every game have to be installed?
why do i buy the disc?

Every game on PS4/X1 installs due to how slow blu ray drives are. Been a thing since the PS3.

PS4 games tend to install within a few seconds.
X1 games can take minutes to lots of minutes.

PS4 games can be played without patches, just select to download them in background and update next time you turn it off.
X1 games cannot be played without first downloading and installing patches.

Soon you'll be able to download patches for games you plan to buy in future I think.

Have you got a link to the Big W price?

JB took down the item page for Persona 5 last night for some reason.

they must have been pulled every were bar EB

guess importing might be the only choice

I just bought a ps4

What are your friendcodenames

mines the same as my forum handle :)

what games are you thinknig of getting ?

i can recoemnd rainbow 6 , rocket leauge , and disk jam ( free hurry up and get it before it stops being free)

gta is also pretty fun

im possbily a few other games BF1 is suprisinly fun

and yea what everyone else said about consoles being worse/ mobile PCs tho i kind of prefer it this way one day il probbly switch but for now alot of the friends from the PS3 are over there with me :)

they must have been pulled every were bar EB

guess importing might be the only choice

Just found it weird you'd post that Big W were stocking when I heard from somewhere there that they might not be getting it. I really do hope they get it in though, needs wide release for success here.

Shaneus

Finally got one of my PVMs working! Now u have to work out what I can do with the second one. Dreamcast? PS1? PC somehow? Saturn?!?

EWJ1, MD:
tkaQtxRh.jpg

Hngh.

Just found it weird you'd post that Big W were stocking when I heard from somewhere there that they might not be getting it. I really do hope they get it in though, needs wide release for success here.

agreeed , is the gameplay easy to get in to ? if your used to FF XV ( played the demo)

Finally got one of my PVMs working! Now u have to work out what I can do with the second one. Dreamcast? PS1? PC somehow? Saturn?!?

EWJ1, MD:

Hngh.

are Large size PVMs a thing ?

saw Ghost in the shell today in 3D and i liked it ! it probbly is one of the best film adaptations from anime just wish i had watched the orginal film again as its been a few years

Jintor

i only played the ffxv demo but that wasn't action enough for me and not turn based enough for me

persona is turn-based press start all the way. all about chaining weaknesses and keeping an eye on status effects

Shaneus

are Large size PVMs a thing ?
Yup! I believe they went right up to 29", but I suspect they're quite rare. 20" is better to come by, but I think unless you're lucky, will still go for several hundred dollary-doos.

There was one on Gumtree the other week that went for $200, bummed I couldn't get it because it would've been perfect. I think the time is perfect right now to get one because I reckon they'll go the way of other retro gaming devices and skyrocket, but that's only happening in a few places and only to desperate people.

I just got lucky with mine, $80 for two 14" on eBay and $50 delivery from NSW to Vic :)

persona is turn-based press start all the way. all about chaining weaknesses and keeping an eye on status effects
No it's not. Persona is about studying, sports clubs, doing part time jobs and trying to get into your classmates' pants. The dungeon stuff is just there to break up the important bits.

JBwB

Damn what happened to the Persona 5 Steelbook edition page on JB Hi Fi? It's not there anymore.

I want to pre order it dammit.

ramyeon

Damn what happened to the Persona 5 Steelbook edition page on JB Hi Fi? It's not there anymore.

I want to pre order it dammit.
Probably sold out of their online allocation. It's in their catalogue though. Might be worth dropping by your local JB to try and preorder in store.

Yup! I believe they went right up to 29", but I suspect they're quite rare. 20" is better to come by, but I think unless you're lucky, will still go for several hundred dollary-doos.

There was one on Gumtree the other week that went for $200, bummed I couldn't get it because it would've been perfect. I think the time is perfect right now to get one because I reckon they'll go the way of other retro gaming devices and skyrocket, but that's only happening in a few places and only to desperate people.

I just got lucky with mine, $80 for two 14" on eBay and $50 delivery from NSW to Vic :)

IMO you can get 90% of the way there by spending $20 on Gumtree for a Sony Trinitron.

Jintor

No it's not. Persona is about studying, sports clubs, doing part time jobs and trying to get into your classmates' pants. The dungeon stuff is just there to break up the important bits.

you're right. i'm sorry

ausgaf, what's a good doona to buy and from where

I was just going to get a cheap target doona or something but given my quality of sleep recently perhaps that's a bad idea

Ignignort

We have a dacron filled doona which is amazing, I think they are quite expensive though ours was a gift. It's a great insulator for the cold but is also very light for heat.

Otherwise you can't go wrong with a feather doona also, even from target or big w is fine there are lots of "fancy" brands and usual mark up with any kind of product

you're right. i'm sorry

I was just going to get a cheap target doona or something but given my quality of sleep recently perhaps that's a bad idea

KrisB

you're right. i'm sorry

Harris Scarfe have a good range of the high quality stuff, they occasionally have decent sales which is when I've picked up high thread count Egyptian cotton bedsheets etc.

Currently running a 40% off sale on manchester - http://www.harrisscarfe.com.au/bed,bath-&-home-decor/manchester-&-bed-linen/c/manchester-bed-linen

Manchester is always on sale at Harris Scarfe lol

Almost everything is on sale all the time at Harris Scarfe!

Bought a nice 4k HDR TV yesterday. Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing. Started spinning around and noticed a column about 10cm wide near the right edge doesn't quite get as bright as the rest of the TV when looking at a very bright light. Looks like one section of backlight is dodgy, not very good Goodguys! Back to the store you go.

Haha, tried updating the software to see if that fixed it but the only difference is that they renamed the "football" setting to "cricket!" LG knows me so well.

Sweet, on final story mission for RoI then I'll be into the strikes/raid hopefully!

Almost everything is on sale all the time at Harris Scarfe!

Bought a nice 4k HDR TV yesterday. Horizon Zero Dawn looks amazing. Started spinning around and noticed a column about 10cm wide near the right edge doesn't quite get as bright as the rest of the TV when looking at a very bright light. Looks like one section of backlight is dodgy, not very good Goodguys! Back to the store you go.

Haha, tried updating the software to see if that fixed it but the only difference is that they renamed the "football" setting to "cricket!" LG knows me so well.

Niceeeeeeeeeeee. Horizon was the game that made the Pro/4K HDR TV shine for me. Hard playing other games now.

Ingram

Tempted to buy P5 from US PSN to save the hassle of securing a local copy. Unless I hit my local (regional) Target at 8am on Tuesday...

quabba

Tempted to buy P5 from US PSN to save the hassle of securing a local copy. Unless I hit my local (regional) Target at 8am on Tuesday...

That's what I'm doing, I got a 15% off code froma promo email so will use that. After the hassles getting Yakuza 0 from target it'll be nice to just dl it.

Double post, I no care.

Yeah man let's team up!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Just gotta smash out the last story mission tonight.

Also need to grab a legendary engram so I can grab a high light item from the scout. Pretty sure that will be key on moving close to Raid light level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom