• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 PS3 details ("exclusive" interactive comic, all current DLC included)

Acidote

And it's even worse when it works like Dragon Age DLC for PC. I even had to load my game as fast as I could because it always said I couldn't load the savegame because it contained DLC impossible to authenticate if I gave it the time to check it.

Shortly: I want the DLC included on GOTY edition discs too instead of codes.

Acidote said:
Shortly: I want the DLC included on GOTY edition discs too instead of codes.

I wouldn't mind having both.

I hope they release that 6 hour mission on the 360 marketplace.

Bioware, can you actually make Mass Effect 3 an RPG, rather than a 3rd person shooter.

iratA said:
More than anything I wish these devs would add the DLC stuff to the discs. Codes are a big turn off to me. Didn't get the Borderlands GOTY version because of it and as far as I know the Dragon Age Ultimate version uses codes and downloads for all of its extras.

That makes two ultimate/goty versions that I would of purchased if not for this. I know a heap of other people both personally and online who feel the same way also. For F#*k sake use the space on the Blu-ray.

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition (PS3) does have the DLC on the disc (Bioware did it right this time).

I feel that most developers&publishers have been used to always printing on DVDs and find it easier to just include codes or print on a separate disc.

As someone that has played through Mass Effect 1 & 2 on the 360, I don't mind the PS3 getting exclusive game section (maybe because I'm buying this version too :D ). The system will not get the full ME1 experience, so for the PS3 fans, they get a nice bonus for waiting for the series to come to their console.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Acidote said:
And it's even worse when it works like Dragon Age DLC for PC. I even had to load my game as fast as I could because it always said I couldn't load the savegame because it contained DLC impossible to authenticate if I gave it the time to check it.

Go to Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age\Settings, and rename Profile.dap; this will force the game to create a new one. Next time you log into the game, everything will be authorized.

For some reason, the Profile.dap can become corrupted.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so this is the ultimate edition plus motion comic and a PS3 exclusive new mission :/

well I guess I will buy the game again.

subversus said:
I'd take both.

wait for Dragon Age 3.

Crazypanda_85 said:
Dragon Age Ultimate Edition (PS3) does have the DLC on the disc (Bioware did it right this time).

well Blu ray help here , GTA4 Complete Edition was on one Blu ray disc.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Totobeni said:
so this is the ultimate edition plus motion comic and a PS3 exclusive new mission :/

We dont know if this is even true (though it likely is), and the original source does not specify the six hour mission as exclusive.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, according to the listing on Amazon, the PS3 version is priced at €49.99, and the description lists it as having "improved graphic quality, bonus content and additional features".

EDIT: Whoopsie, double post.

EatChildren

I can only assume the 'improved graphics' will be 1080p maybe, as I think it ran at 720p on the 360. Maybe some additional AA and AF? It is UE3 though, so who knows.

If the six hour mission is exclusive I'll probably jot down the BioWare/EA combo on my shit list, which I really dont want to do as I need Mass Effect 3. But I really cant condone 3 - 6 hours of story content being exclusive to a particular system, while the 2 million + early adopters dont get to play.

Timed exclusive? I could turn a blind eye. But platform exclusive? Goodbye Mass Effect 3 :(.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
EatChildren said:
I can only assume the 'improved graphics' will be 1080p maybe, as I think it ran at 720p on the 360. Maybe some additional AA and AF? It is UE3 though, so who knows.

If the six hour mission is exclusive I'll probably jot down the BioWare/EA combo on my shit list, which I really dont want to do as I need Mass Effect 3. But I really cant condone 3 - 6 hours of story content being exclusive to a particular system, while the 2 million + early adopters dont get to play.

Timed exclusive? I could turn a blind eye. But platform exclusive? Goodbye Mass Effect 3 :(.
I highly doubt it. It's prolly the addition of MLAA. No way in hell 1080p is happening though. Not with Bioware's PS3 track record and every devs track record with UE3 on PS3.

Monocle

That's one tasty package. All PS3 owners owe it to themselves to pick it up, unless they've already played the 360 or PC version. This almost goes without saying, but do try to complete the original Mass Effect first. It adds a lot to the experience of ME2.

duckroll

Monocle said:
That's one tasty package. All PS3 owners owe it to themselves to pick it up, unless they've already played the 360 or PC version. This almost goes without saying, but do try to complete the original Mass Effect first. It adds a lot to the experience of ME2.

This doesn't make any sense though. If someone has hardware capable of playing ME1, they already have hardware capable of playing ME2. I honestly do not believe that anyone who has not already played ME1, and is planning on getting ME2 for PS3, will bother playing ME1.

EatChildren

BioWare Responds
Hey Folks,

For those that don't know, I am the Producer responsible for Mass Effect 2 PS3. Some of you may have read over on the German forums some of the details on Mass Effect 2 PS3's contents. I'd like to provide some clarity as I believe that there was some translation errors in the interview that Casey gave.

Firstly I'd like to talk about what's on the BluRay Disc; Of course Mass Effect 2 will be included. On top of that, Lair of the Shadow Broker, Project Overlord, Kasumi: Stolen Memory and the Blood Dragon Armour.

Also included is, as on Xbox 360 and PC, an access code to the Cerberus Network. This will give you instant access to the same great lineup of Downloadable Content such as Zaeed and Firewalker.

We've talked briefly about the Interactive Comic. BioWare Edmonton (the group that made Mass Effect 2) teamed up with the fine folks at Dark Horse Comics to create an interactive backstory. While I can't release all the details about this yet, what I can tell you is that we want to create a stunning visual experience that not only tells the core story elements of Mass Effect 1, but also is fully interactive allowing you to be faced with some of the major choices which will have consequences your Mass Effect universe. This interactive comic's initial release will be exclusive to PS3 owners who would be otherwise unable to realize the full effect of choice in the Mass Effect universe and will be included on the Cerberus Network.

There will also be some DLC Bundles, such as the Aegis Pack as well as exclusive both Free and Paid DLC for all PlayStation 3 owners such as the Recon Operations Pack. More details about this will be released later. ;)

I want also to touch on the '6 hour exclusive mission'. This I believe is a communication error lost in translation. When we talk about 6 hours of content we are talking about what's included exclusively "On Disc" (Kasumi, Shadow Broker, Overlord), The Interactive Back Story and the Cerberus Network Access.

Words can not express how very pleased I am to be able to bring this BioWare title to our PlayStation fans.

Lastly - As we're still a little while away from shipping this game, therefor some of these details are subject to changing.

-Jess

ps The the team is in the final polishing phase now and the game is looking fantastic! I can't wait to talk more about it and show more of it soon!

Summary;

- Mass Effect 2 plus Kasumi, Overlord, Shadow Broker, and Blood Dragon Armor on the disk.
- Cerberus Network access code to download Zaeed and all that.
- Interactive comic confirmed. Exclusive to the PS3.
- DLC bundles. Exclusive both free and paid DLC for PS3, including the 'Recon Operations Pack'.
- No 'six hour mission'. Translation issue. Was referring to the combined additional content of Shadow Broker, Overlord, Kasumi, and the interactive intro.

Snaku

Banned
The interactive comic sounds like a great way to solve the ME1 story path dilemma. Loved ME1 on 360, before my 360 bit the dust years ago. Was waiting to play ME2 until I finally get a new 360 someday, but it looks like I'll no longer have to.

duckroll

This interactive comic's initial release will be exclusive to PS3 owners who would be otherwise unable to realize the full effect of choice in the Mass Effect universe and will be included on the Cerberus Network.

Sounds like timed exclusive. Good news for me!

Sotha Sil

Hmm. Nice additional content, but I still don't think it's worth it if you haven't played the first game. It's nice to get a comic and to be able to make key choices, but Mass Effect is a space opera saga; it's not merely about choice, it's about build-up. I don't see the game having the same impact if you jump right into ME2.

EatChildren

duckroll said:
Sounds like timed exclusive. Good news for me!

Definitely going to be part of the GOTY release for PC and Xbox 360 then.

EatChildren

Aaand another little detail was edited into Jesse's post;

Edit: While I can't go into details all of this content is or was available to Xbox/PC Owners but otherwise wouldn't be available to PS3 owners.

So the 'Recon Operations Pack' is likely to be stuff you cant get in any of the DLC packs, like the pre-order bonuses (Terminus Armor, that black hole gun, etc).

Also, the Interactive Comic must be downloaded from the Cerberus Network.

All of this is now in the Op, cunts.

scarybore

I'm glad the DLC issue has been addressed promptly.

Definitely going to be part of the GOTY release for PC and Xbox 360 then.

Sure sounds like it, kind of a shame something like this wasn't there from the start but better late than never.

All of this is now in the Op, cunts.

:lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm trying to find a good excuse to buy this again on PS3, but I guess Q1 will have me busy with plenty of other games. If I didn't already buy all the ME2 dlc on 360 I'd consider it. I'm curious about these supposed visual changes/upgrades.

oh well, maybe my 360 will die or something

shwimpy

Knew the 6hr exclusive DLC was bogus as soon as I saw the boxart.

2utgig6.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
LiquidMetal14 said:
What a horrible cover. Is it real??

Yes, I was hoping they'd find a new one. One of the worst box arts for a good game, fuckin hate it. Shepard's scowl is ridiculous.

Seda

ugh that extra banner is ugly.

But I am glad that it's NOT 6 hours of new content.

Unless, of course, new content also came for 360.

EatChildren

Yes, on one hand I'm all "Yes, no awesome exclusive content I miss out on.". Yet on the other hand I'm like "Oh, shit, still no more DLC missions".

Pooya

Snuggler said:
Yes, I was hoping they'd find a new one. One of the worst box arts for a good game, fuckin hate it. Shepard's scowl is ridiculous.
yeah, seeing it next to the cover of ME1 makes it even worse, such a great cover that was

EatChildren said:
Yes, on one hand I'm all "Yes, no awesome exclusive content I miss out on.". Yet on the other hand I'm like "Oh, shit, still no more DLC missions".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...s-talk-ea-louse-mass-effect-3-swtor-interview
Eurogamer: Are we done with DLC for Mass Effect 2?

Greg Zeschuk: We're told we're still in development. We're not done yet. We're still ongoing.

Ray Muzyka: We haven't announced details of the next ones yet. We're still working on stuff in the Mass Effect universe actively. We haven't announced any details of what that is yet, but we're working on lots cool stuff.

Pooya

EatChildren said:
Cool. They keep saying it, but its nice to have a recent report of them dedicating to more DLC.
yeah, I think any future DLC will come out after release of PS3 version for obvious reasons, I think you have to wait ~3 months at least :p .

JWong

Banned
Didn't they say they were going to put in a better opening sequence because of the lack of having Mass Effect 1?

Maybe something to define previous choices better? or is that the comic?

duckroll

I'm pretty sure Bioware is going to hold off releasing any major new DLC packs for ME2 until after the PS3 version is out. That makes the most sense business-wise. So we should be seeing new stuff again in April or May 2011.

EatChildren

JWong said:
Didn't they say they were going to put in a better opening sequence because of the lack of having Mass Effect 1?

Maybe something to define previous choices better? or is that the comic?

That's the comic. It wont be on the disk, but if you have access to the Cerberus Network (which you will if you buy the game new) you'll be able to 'play' Mass Effect 1 through an interactive comic, make all the major c, and have them import over to your Mass Effect 2 game.

And yeah, I know I have a long time to wait for more ME2 DLC. I just...dont want to.

Loudninja

I edited the original post to provide more clarity and hopefully calm down some fears of the Big Evil BioWare.
Beyond that, because there are certain things, I'm allowed and not allowed to talk about publicly, I can only release either very vague details or very specific ones on certain areas.

There seems to be a great deal of concern about BioWare ignoring our fans or trying to create a divide in our fans. Why would we do that? The entire purpose of building the PS3 version has not been to alienate our existing fans but instead to give new opportunity to those who have not yet been able to enjoy the games that we pour our hearts and souls into creating! In fact, one of my mandates since starting this project has been to ensure that nothing we do creates a divide between the three groups of fans. So trust me when I tell you that nothing I do intentionally on ME2 PS3 will deny a PC or Xbox360 fan from an experience they would have like to have had.

JWong

Banned
EatChildren said:
That's the comic. It wont be on the disk, but if you have access to the Cerberus Network (which you will if you buy the game new) you'll be able to 'play' Mass Effect 1 through an interactive comic, make all the major c, and have them import over to your Mass Effect 2 game.

And yeah, I know I have a long time to wait for more ME2 DLC. I just...dont want to.
Does the comic include alien sex? :lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Guess I'm not double dipping at launch. Might pick it up down the line once it hits the bargain bin if they do a good job on the port.

EatChildren

Hydrargyrus said:
So, only the comic is exclusive?
And the comic is confirmed, isn't it?

oh man... I'm very disappointed

All info is in the Op.

Comic is 'exclusive', to the downloaded via the Cerberus Network for free (if you own the game new). I say 'exclusive' as its worded as 'initial release', which implies that the comic will be made available elsewhere later on.

There will also be 'exclusive' DLC packs, but these packs will contain content that was available for Xbox 360 and PC. For example, the Dr. Pepper promotion code items are no longer available, but were available. This content looks to be re-released in new packs, such as the 'Recon Operations Pack'.

So, in short, the comic is the only truly exclusive item, and even then it wont be exclusive forever.

Peff

I wonder how exhaustive the comic really is, actually. I can't imagine they'll allow people to change every possibility, stuff like not recruiting Garrus is probably out of the question.

Top Bottom