• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight." [Mario Kart 8]

Vire

1. The game is already announced.

2. It's fucking Mario Kart, a 20 year old racing series that hasn't changed since the original SNES version.

3. Jesus, you really think this is worth "staying up" for IGN?

I would have even been happy with a Smash character reveal...

Toad.T

Banned
The portion of the mario kart audience following the game pre-release definitely overlaps pretty hard with the potential audience for those games. The families that helped mario kart wii set sales records weren't gazing longingly at pre-release trailers.

In fairness, there's some overlay. And MK8 is far more popular than pretty much all of those franchises. Probably put together.

True, true. It's just that the journalistic scene seems to lump all of the folks together in one mess. You don't say "Microsoft fans, get ready for some big news!" when talking about a new Halo mode, you say "Halo fans, get ready for some big news!" It's like that with Sony as well, but to a lesser extent.

They could sell more if Ninty was more proud of them, but that's another topic for another time.

Kolma

I just woke up from a 4 or 5 hour nap
Time to join the hype
running.gif

Hip Hop

I would have even been happy with a Smash character reveal...

That would have been really lame. I never get excited for those.

Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Now this Mario Kart info, I hope it's something good. A few track confirmations will do.

Its just Mario Kart stuff.

Honestly as much as I'm looking forward to a game, I think once it has a release date and is 'nearly' out I just lose interest in the hype side of things. Don't care about new trailers or footage of the actual game and its features you guys!!

I already know I'm buying it, I'll just find all that stuff out for myself, just want it to come out so I can play it now lol.

diaspora

It's going to be Mario Kart. My body is ready for disappointment.
8 looks fantastic, but it;s not something I want to see as a surprise/announcement.

DrLazy

LOL. The fucking editor from IGN is on GAF telling people exactly what it is and people are still hyping up BS. Too funny.

A review embargo, or an information embargo?

A preview embargo, I assume. Way too early for reviews - game is still 58 days away.

I assume it'll be similar to the Kirby/Mario Golf dumps we've had over the last week, since they're all releasing in May.

Wawahead

I have no hype for character reveals in a racing game so I hope its something else...

Full sized force feedback kart included with the game!

Canon

Banned
No offense but this kind of shit really bothers me. You should rate the hype on a scale of 1-10 before telling people to lose sleep. In this instance it should've been, "If you're a Nintendo fan you might want to stay up for a 3.5 magnitude hype bomb this evening." Simple.

dmr87

LOL. The fucking editor from IGN is on GAF telling people exactly what it is and people are still hyping up BS. Too funny.

Posting before reading, nothing new.

Going to bed now so I can come back and laugh at this thread.

orochi91

Some new footage of Monolith's X? Really would like to see more of that game.
I hope to god it's a single player game with a great story like Xenoblade.
Less like MH, please.

Edit- LOL it's MK8. Oh, well.

So, still not at up midnight.

So it's probably going up at midnight West Coast time...grrr.

Sorry Mario Kart, I love ya, but not that much.

Blades64

Banned
IGN in a couple hrs: "We never said it was good news."

I'm not getting on this train. If it's something good, I'll just be pleasantly surprised.

...who the heck am I kidding...

WE KNOW IT'S MARIO KART, EVERYONE!

I can't wait for the 10 page feature breaking down the entire online mode with lobbies for different levels of item usage, voice chat, and dedicated servers. This is going to be a good one!

Owzers

goodnight gaf! when i wake up i'll join in the fun of...discussing mario kart maps? Smash bros characters? Watch Dog wii u version? Oh the fun!

Top Bottom