• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

AngryMoth

You mean today or just in general?
I usually get 5ms ping with no issues. The last time I had issues were in S4 right after a major patch but it got rectified in a few days.
In general it seems. I realised I'm being connected with eu players sometimes which is why I'm getting terrible lag. Had a decent quick play match so tried comp just now and it was unplayable.

Thankfully the other team had 4 leavers so it was an automatic win.

Cappa

Banned
ive been 2-3 games for what seems like ever from getting my sorry ass back into 3000sr but I swear its just constant throwing.

Like I dont mean throwing haha we have a hanzo on our team.

I mean like sitting in spawn, picking Mei ice walling the team in, constnatly suiciding type of throwing.

LiK

ive been 2-3 games for what seems like ever from getting my sorry ass back into 3000sr but I swear its just constant throwing.

Like I dont mean throwing haha we have a hanzo on our team.

I mean like sitting in spawn, picking Mei ice walling the team in, constnatly suiciding type of throwing.

So far I haven't had any games where we had a guy literally throw by not doing anything. Sounds like a real pain. I do sometimes feel some people pick random ass heroes that don't mesh with our team comp every time they die and just makes it a struggle tho.

HiiiLife

I don't know why I bother with competitive at the end of the season. So many people legit saying, "well it's the end of the season. Idgaf about the team comp."

What a joke. Stick to QP because people who select competitive are actually trying to climb still.

Cappa

Banned
So far I haven't had any games where we had a guy literally throw by not doing anything. Sounds like a real pain. I do sometimes feel some people pick random ass heroes that don't mesh with our team comp every time they die and just makes it a struggle tho.

Ive had Hanzos and Widowmakers on my team recently that would absolutely be on fire and then switch off when/if it was needed.

I never care what heroes get picked, Ive won games with some of the worst of comps and lost games with great comps because people just decide to throw for no reason.

Yesterday was one of my worst experiences, a duo that went Mercy and Mei and would sit in spawn and ice wall people in. I got this same duo THREE fucking games in a row, I couldnt believe it. I even waited a good 10 minutes before searching again and was ready to just fucking disconnect and get a ban.

The worst thing that could have happened was having my SR decay to 3000 when I was well into the 3300s. I havent been able to get back into diamond since the decay.

Anne

Nerfing DM seems necessary but when you do that, with her gigantic crit box, you won't be in your mech long enough to use your shiny new abilities. It's similar to roadhog problem.

They need to reduce her crit box with those changes otherwise it seems too weak to matter. They did that for both Winston and Roadhog, I expect it to happen eventually.

This is also something that causes a bit of a disconnect with me. I don't understand how you can have 200armor,400HP, and rocket boosters and still feel squishy. That makes me think a lot of people are playing tanks in a way where they are being exposed for several seconds at a time while there is no pressure on the enemy team.

LiK

Ive had Hanzos and Widowmakers on my team recently that would absolutely be on fire and then switch off when/if it was needed.

I never care what heroes get picked, Ive won games with some of the worst of comps and lost games with great comps because people just decide to throw for no reason.

Yesterday was one of my worst experiences, a duo that went Mercy and Mei and would sit in spawn and ice wall people in. I got this same duo THREE fucking games in a row, I couldnt believe it. I even waited a good 10 minutes before searching again and was ready to just fucking disconnect and get a ban.

The worst thing that could have happened was having my SR decay to 3000 when I was well into the 3300s. I havent been able to get back into diamond since the decay.

My struggle in high Plat has been bad. Anytime I only need a few wins to reach Diamond, we hit a losing streak. I might just need to solo or duo if our stacks ain't working out anymore for the end of the season. Sometimes people just tilt too easily. Gotta have fun to win. I feel like I'm in a place where I can play any of my mains in any hero category and feel absolutely comfortable.

Just curious, are you playing solo q in EU servers?

This is also something that causes a bit of a disconnect with me. I don't understand how you can have 200armor,400HP, and rocket boosters and still feel squishy. That makes me think a lot of people are playing tanks in a way where they are being exposed for several seconds at a time while there is no pressure on the enemy team.

DVa is so good right now that I feel she's in a good place. The rework doesn't even bother me. She only goes down from some major focus fire from my experience.

That's most games at lower ranks, tho.

JayCB

This is also something that causes a bit of a disconnect with me. I don't understand how you can have 200 armor,400HP, and rocket boosters and still feel squishy.
Because her critbox is oversized and located centrally so it takes very little skill to do a butt load of damage to her quickly, providing you are hitting the right end.

Pooya

Because DM will last 2 seconds after the nerfs with 10 seconds cool down. Any DPS that can't even aim will de mech you in that time

Get out of here with your rank BS. It's not like this is something new.

they are going to delete her? S6 redeemed

Seagull talked about his past rants with her, and also mentioned how her character revolves around rez. Right after that, Matt mentioned not being able to talk about it but that Mercy will be getting lots of changes. Sounded like shes going to get a big rework

Anne

Because DM will last 2 seconds after the nerfs with 10 seconds cool down. Any DPS that can't even aim will de mech you in that time

It's something new to me honestly. D.Va has 600HP with some armor and the ability to boost constantly. Losing mech means either your positioning is ass or your healers are ass. I'm going to pull some rank BS and throw out the idea that a large majority of the Overwatch playerbase does not know how to position tanks in a way to minimize damage while also getting map presence. That is a problem with balancing since perceptions are super warped like that.

pizzacat

Banned

this sounds like when dva got her armor nerf and people were heralding the fall of dva forever

those people were laughed at

EDIT

this actually sounded a little mean and after reading it again make it look like im calling you one of those scrub dummies who thought dva was dead and still do

let me rephrase that in a way where i dont come off like a pc elitist like some people itt

the changes to dva will not kill her, dm is still a good tool even if its cut in half, youre not going to get melted as fast as you say with 400hp 200 armor, you just wont trust me on this the characters mobility is key to this

caesar

Banned

Rank BS?

Aka she is better at you than the game and understands how it works better than you do.

Get out of here with your uninformed opinion BS

Pooya

It's something new to me honestly. D.Va has 600HP with some armor and the ability to boost constantly. Losing mech means either your positioning is ass or your healers are ass. I'm going to pull some rank BS and throw out the idea that a large majority of the Overwatch playerbase does not know how to position tanks in a way to minimize damage while also getting map presence. That is a problem with balancing since perceptions are super warped like that.

What you don't understand is that you can't play D.va like it is now after the nerfs. She will be ass for team protection with a 2 second DM, that's exactly what they don't want any more of. They're pushing her for DPS and harass and a more active role and for that you need to get close to deal any. Unless these rockets are long range damage and it doesn't sound like they are.

If you look at their trends of changes, they've been reducing hit boxes on tanks anyway. I'm sure skilled players like yourself won't have any trouble shooting at smaller boxes.

this sounds like when dva got her armor nerf and people were heralding the fall of dva forever

those people were laughed at

I wasn't one of those. You can go dig up my posts if you want. I said right away that she will be very good because DM is super good but not a 2 second DM. That's not good. And that's the entire point of the nerfs, they don't want DM spams anymore. That means you have to play aggressively or what's the point even.

Rank BS?

Aka she is better at you than the game and understands how it works better than you do.

Get out of here with your uninformed opinion BS

I'm sure everyone understands the game better than you.

AbaFadi

Banned

Dva doesn't need that much matrix to keep her mech alive. Best thing to do here is to learn how to not feed and the proper times to contest a dps like soldier on high ground. D.va's matrix currently is not healthy for the game, is way too oppressive, and doesn't allow for much counterplay currently. These changes are good for the game and makes her more fun to play by giving her more of an offensive capability rather than just hold M2 all game.

Not trying to brag or anything, but I think out of everyone in this thread, I can speak the most on the current state of Dva.

T0sMqci.jpg

pizzacat

Banned
I guess 10 megathreads weren't enough to get you to listen to your community for once. After months of silence your first change to dva is nerfing her into the ground, removing her identity as a hero (tank -> fat dps role since defense matrix sucks but hey at least she does more damage), and dressing it all up as a buff to deceive us.

Please just stop. Give the community the changes WE ask for and stop messing things up by ignoring feedback from the playerbase and doing your own thing with heroes.

No wonder half the community is quitting

This is not true. I play around gold-plat, and people are not that good at aiming and cleaning up. They mostly ignore D.Va too and don't realize how much damage she can absorb; most D.Va's don't know how to use DM and on whom.

You stay at the middle and DM whoever is doing a lot of damage or carrying when TEAM FIGHTS start. And you should have awareness as a tank player where you should know when to fall back to DM supports vs Tracer or peel for your diving in Winston/Tracer/Genji.

A lot of time, you wouldn't even be in position to eat up damage. It only happens when you push and eat trash poke damage. You won't get demech'd that fast in team fights. It is 600HP +armor + 2 seconds of deleted damage. That is enough to draw aggro and push to create space.

Also, learn how to fly away and disengage. You shouldn't die that fast if you run out of DM; you can easily engage and get healed or stay near health packs like any mobile dive team would. I don't recall anyone having such god tracking to melt 600HP+armor in such a short amount of time. It is only at 3.8kSR+ and you should be in a really bad position for that to happen.

What you don't understand is that you can't play D.va like it is now after the nerfs. She will be ass for team protection with a 2 second DM, that's exactly what they don't want any more of. They're pushing her for DPS and harass and a more active role and for that you need to get close to deal any. Unless these rockets are long range damage and it doesn't sound like they are.

If you look at their trends of changes, they've been reducing hit boxes on tanks anyway. I'm sure skilled players like yourself won't have any trouble shooting at smaller boxes.

No she will not be ass at peeling. Zarya has a squishy bubble and it is enough to buy a split second for a clutch heal. D.Va NULLIFIES all damage for 2 seconds at a large radius. That is enough to make Tracer disengage from attacking supports. It is a DPS race with dive; 2 seconds of nullified damage is still huge. 4 is lucrative and oppressive for like anyone not named Doomfist.

Jellie

Just feel like it should be pointed out Caesar and Anne don't play Dva while a lot of people on this thread play her. I think people who play dva will know more about how a 2 second DM will limit her usefulness.

Caesar and Anne back down.

EDIT: Aba you don't need to back down.

Anne

Look, I dunno how good or bad she'll be with the rockets and stuff or whatever. All I'm telling you right now, is 2s of DM +health pool + boosters is more than enough for her to survive.

mollipen

Seagull talked about his past rants with her, and also mentioned how her character revolves around rez. Right after that, Matt mentioned not being able to talk about it but that Mercy will be getting lots of changes. Sounded like shes going to get a big rework

So I guess I might be quitting Overwatch forever soon then? Given how well their reworks and balancing usually go (D.Va. being the latest example.)

Jellie

I don't know that we have much history with past character "fixes" to make me believe that.

They said "sweet changes" so sounds like they might be nerfing the rez but buffing other stuff or giving her an E. If you literally only play her for rez then yeah maybe you won't like it.

Pooya

Look, I dunno how good or bad she'll be with the rockets and stuff or whatever. All I'm telling you right now, is 2s of DM +health pool + boosters is more than enough for her to survive.

Survive sure but can you actually achieve anything in that time or you're better off playing someone else.

Roadhog can survive a long time too right now but yeah...

mollipen

They said "sweet changes" so sounds like they might be nerfing the rez but buffing other stuff or giving her an E. If you literally only play her for rez then yeah maybe you won't like it.

I don't play her just for her rez, but I play her for everything she is now. A character I love could turn into a character I no longer love due to their "sweet changes", and that possibility makes me sad. I'm obviously going to wait and see what happens to her, but I don't trust Blizzard, sorry.

Symmetra is undeniably better now than at launch

I've been playing her since launch and her revision felt totally half-asses and unfocused to me. But I know others disagree.

Anne

Survive sure but can you actually achieve anything in that time or you're better off playing someone else.

Depends. 2s DM is still really powerful peel, it just depends on how the new ability works out if her overall kit will be good. The idea that her ability to peel and survive will be dead is ludicrous. Some of the English speaking pro D.Va players think she would still be played if DM was just straight nerfed like that lol

Roadhog's issues have nothing to do with survivability tbh, his offensive kit is just ass lol. I'm not even going to try and defend that dumpster fire at this point.

Jellie

Yeah Dva already melts to Zarya, Mei, Winston and Symmetra and now she can only DM 2 seconds. Thats like 2 mccree shots meanwhile Reinhardt has his 2k shield which can last forever.

Top Bottom