• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

The group of GAFfers I usually play with haven't been on for quite awhile, so I'm stuck with random pubs and private matches that have guys quitting just when you are about to kill them only to rejoin for the next match because their buddy is the host.

I need my Friday fill.

xviper

Welcome to the world of 90% of people on the game.

And that tweet.. I can't even. I can't shake my head anymore or it would just twist and fall off.

i'm on Ps4 and i never had a crash in like a month, today alone i had about 6 crashes, did they patch the game and fucked something up ?

God some of the people who play this game are morons who make me embarrassed to be the same species as them.

I was about to kill this guy and he says "You can't kill what isn't there" and leaves just as the animation begins. This was right after a game where he had been Jason and everyone had played like decent human beings.

The fact some people's egos are unable to handle "losing" in a video game is some seriously pathetic shit. I'm glad I have more impulse control than the type of person who will routinely ragequit a game, like any of it even matters.

A few hours ago, killed a guy whose username was something like "TooLegit2Quit" (but spelled differently) who left immediately after being killed, at least the irony of that made it amusing.

Leaving after being killed is one thing, but doing it during the animation to intentionally rob the person playing Jason of the kill shows the kind of character (or lack thereof) these people possess. A lobby that started out with 7 ended up with 3 at the end, after I'd been Jason and played perfectly fair.

Seems like some people consider using block as Jason in combat stance to be "cheating". I love blocking flare guns, melee attacks (till their weapon breaks) and walking right over traps and disarming them in the process. Especially when they're shocked by it and appear to have no idea what just happened.

Blocking the baseball bat until it breaks (after two hits usually) is also immensely satisfying.

I agree. I've never left a match while I was in the process of getting killed by Jason, but you can bet your ass if I'm playing in an online match with randos I'm leaving the game if I die within the first 2-3 minutes (it rarely happens). I'm not sticking around for almost 20 minutes after that when I barely have enough free time as it is.

I saw earlier they're putting out a vinyl soundtrack version of the music from the game (if I read it correctly).

That seems like that'll help the issues going on at the moment......

Voorhees

The group of GAFfers I usually play with haven't been on for quite awhile, so I'm stuck with random pubs and private matches that have guys quitting just when you are about to kill them only to rejoin for the next match because their buddy is the host.

I need my Friday fill.

Well send me an invite tonight fucker, I'm still playing regularly, as are several others.

I saw earlier they're putting out a vinyl soundtrack version of the music from the game (if I read it correctly).

That seems like that'll help the issues going on at the moment......

? The people making the vinyl soundtrack have pretty much nothing to do with the fixing or development of the game.

Moofers

Yep, I'm going to be playing tomorrow evening with friends. PSN: unoillnino

Already got a good stable of GAF/P1 Podcast friends that I meet up with at times, so if you meet up with me, be sure to make note of the other players and add them to your party as well.

Also, I thought I'd share a little positivity in here and post this video I did expressing my love for Friday the 13th. Have a watch and enjoy if you're into these kinds of videos. :)

? The people making the vinyl soundtrack have pretty much nothing to do with the fixing or development of the game.

The people who put the game out and licensed the music would have some tie to it.

I meant more that there's more income coming in for what everyone seems to still think is a broken game.

But yes, the people manufacturing the vinyl probably have no tie to the devs.

Jmille99

I need my Friday fill.

If you see me on in the evenings (IwillKILLurGOD), never hesitate to send a request even if Im playing a different game. I will gladly hop on.

If I dont do so, the kids may have the tv control at the time. But usually around 9pm Central, im good to go.

Ive had my fill of randoms...

The people who put the game out and licensed the music would have some tie to it.

I meant more that there's more income coming in for what everyone seems to still think is a broken game.

But yes, the people manufacturing the vinyl probably have no tie to the devs.

Just every little thing they do is taken as "omg they are wasting time not fixing game". Its getting annoying and hard to tell who is saying what.

The game is a business, stuff is set in stone and planned, the entire team is not spending 24hrs in front of the game working on it till they die. People flipping out because they have some of the team at SDCC is ridiculous

Had a watershed moment in quickplay last night where as a counselor three other players decided to beat me with machetes before serving me up to Jason and teabagging my corpse. I think I'll stick to private matches from now on. I have a few friends I play with pretty consistently but not enough to have a full lobby. If anyone is looking for extra players, feel free to add me on PSN as Therightdeal, I'm normally on for a couple matches every night!

Just every little thing they do is taken as "omg they are wasting time not fixing game". Its getting annoying and hard to tell who is saying what.

The game is a business, stuff is set in stone and planned, the entire team is not spending 24hrs in front of the game working on it till they die. People flipping out because they have some of the team at SDCC is ridiculous

I completely understand. My first statement could have been worded better.

And yeah, I'm sure they didn't wake up yesterday and say "Hey lets make a soundtrack today!", but with how frustrated everyone seems with the devs (and anything they do, rightfully so or not), this just seems like another "thing".

Hell, the first comments on the news article on Bloody Disgusting for the soundtrack are all "Fix the game first!" kinda things too.

If you see me on in the evenings (IwillKILLurGOD), never hesitate to send a request even if Im playing a different game. I will gladly hop on.

If I dont do so, the kids may have the tv control at the time. But usually around 9pm Central, im good to go.

Ive had my fill of randoms...

I've played with you quite a few times. Good stuff. The last time we got into that private match I was talking about, where we had a guy who kept quitting and rejoining. I didn't say anything to you, so I just bailed to play some FFXII.

Well send me an invite tonight fucker, I'm still playing regularly, as are several others.

You know I will, boo. That is, if I'm not playing FFXII like I have been. I usually team up with kilgoretrout and Jerami, but they haven't been on in a bit and when they are, are usually playing later in the night when I have to work.

Moofers

You know I will, boo. That is, if I'm not playing FFXII like I have been. I usually team up with kilgoretrout and Jerami, but they haven't been on in a bit and when they are, are usually playing later in the night when I have to work.
Hey, I know those guys. I played with them just back on Friday last week.

ryan13ts

i'm on Ps4 and i never had a crash in like a month, today alone i had about 6 crashes, did they patch the game and fucked something up ?

Not that I'm aware of. PS4 and PC are faaaaaaaar more stable than X1 but I've still heard of some crashing popping on from time to time even on those systems, so maybe it's just that you caught a bad round of them. Really, you've been pretty lucky to not had any crashes for that long to be honest.

And when you say 'crash', do you mean the game literally crashes out to PS4 menu, or just game disconnects that send you back to the title screen?

ElRenoRaven

Had a watershed moment in quickplay last night where as a counselor three other players decided to beat me with machetes before serving me up to Jason and teabagging my corpse. I think I'll stick to private matches from now on. I have a few friends I play with pretty consistently but not enough to have a full lobby. If anyone is looking for extra players, feel free to add me on PSN as Therightdeal, I'm normally on for a couple matches every night!

Yup. It's worse when you're playing with 2 or 3 friends and go into matchmaking while party chatting. People automatically assume you're cheating and start playing like dicks. Private games are just where it's at. I'm lucky that I've got a great group of friends I can play with pretty regularly.

Not that I'm aware of. PS4 and PC are faaaaaaaar more stable than X1 but I've still heard of some crashing popping on from time to time even on those systems, so maybe it's just that you caught a bad round of them. Really, you've been pretty lucky to not had any crashes for that long to be honest.

And when you say 'crash', do you mean the game literally crashes out to PS4 menu, or just game disconnects that send you back to the title screen?

20hrs on pc according to Steam, I've never had a single crash in the game. Couple glitches here and there in game, but overall PC version seems very stable in comparison

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a fun match on Xbox. Only my 3rd game and I was Jason. Got 6 of 7 councillors but ran out of time.

Edit : then lost connection my next game, lol

Shitty situation with Xbox owners. Really hope they get fixed up and a bonus for waiting.

I'll be home tomorrow if anyone wants to play some games for a bit. PSN is Darealgummy

HiiiLife

My personal favorite response to the xbox complaints "stop being so entitled".

Oh my bad for expecting a game I paid full price for to work as intended...like two months later.

Seriously. Ain't like we out here wishing them death and hoping their families get killed like those people from week 1. Just give us our patches and we'll stop teasing them lol. It's crazy that I check in here KNOWING that I'm gonna make a snide remark because I have a gut feeling that patch still hasn't came yet, and my intuition has always been right. Lol.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Drencrom

I hope they announce some new maps, characters etc at comic con

Über Jason (Jason X) and a map based on F13th: The Final Chapter (Pt.4) would be great

LUXURY

I feel bad for the Xbox One players. I think they are really trying to make sure this patch fixes everything for all three platforms this time and I think Xbox had more issues than PC or PlayStation. I have faith in them, and I hope the Xbox playerbase can keep holding on.

Ganhyun

I feel bad for the Xbox One players. I think they are really trying to make sure this patch fixes everything for all three platforms this time and I think Xbox had more issues than PC or PlayStation. I have faith in them, and I hope the Xbox playerbase can keep holding on.

We've had more issues since the start.

Non day1 version of the game on release.

Took about a month to get the day1 version with half the fixes the PS4 and PC had already gotten.

We got the NES Jason skin a few days late and it added more issues

Basically, any patch PS4 and PC got since that June patch we got is being lumped together to fix alot of issues at once and also the additional issue of the memory leak that seems to not be so bad on the other systems.

I had to delete/block someone who added me as a friend after playing this game with them a few days ago. He'd never talked on mic before, but had PM'd me a couple of times, telling me how another guy in the lobby was trying to teamkill him etc.

I invited him to my lobby today as there was 7 people all with good ping, which is somewhat rare if you're playing this game in Australia.

Turns out he's a bit of a fuckhead. Was picking on this other guy who is also on my friends list. Seemed really pissed off with the guy for being AFK for a few minutes when he had come back as Tommy in one game.

The other guy sounds a bit effeminate and always struck me as pretty chill and a gentle kind of person for lack of a better term. Someone without a trace of malice in them, hence sending him a friend request after playing together a fair bit. The other guy kept intentionally suiciding at the start of the game whenever the guy who was picking on him was Jason, which I found funny.

Two Asian people joined and were talking in a language other than english, the guy made some little comment right as a new game was starting like "Speaka the english" or some dumb shit like that.

My instinct was to quit right then but I didn't really want to fuck over everyone else in the process, though in hindsight I still probably should have just ended it immediately. The thought that he might have said worse shit to them that I wasn't around to hear, and which could have been avoided had I just ended the game right at the start, makes me feel pretty bad.

In my defense, this was seconds before the game started and I happened to be Jason and planned to kill him and let those people live, or at least not try very hard to get them. I looked at the summary a couple of minutes in and both the people who had just joined had been betrayed, pretty obvious what happened there (he admitted to doing it on mic a few mins later).

He and his friend were trying to escape in the 2 seater after betraying those 2 people, I stopped them right near the exit and focused exclusively on him, following him from the car to a nearby cabin and slashing at him wildly until he died.

One of the people he betrayed came back as Tommy and immediately escaped, lol. The other guy he'd been picking on was the last survivor, I thought I'd grab him and if I could get to a context kill I'd do it, giving him a decent chance to break free (but he was Deborah so not very strong).

Gave him the water spigot kill which I'd never seen before. Closed lobby and blocked that other fuckhead right after.

A bit anxious about it because he would be in the same community group as me and know other people on there, and someone who added me from same lobby may be friends with him and might PM me about it. Oh well. I know I did the right thing, albeit a bit later than I should have in hindsight. I have zero room for people with that sort of energy, online or otherwise.

In the messages he'd sent me a few days ago, he was horrible at spelling simple words and seemed pretty dumb but I felt like his heart was probably in the right place so looked past that... turns out I was wrong.

There are so many ignorant racist imbeciles in Australia, it occurred to me a fair chunk of the other people who play this game from Aus could easily have the potential to be just as bad, which is a depressing thought.

A few weeks ago some moron went off on some random guy who had returned as Tommy and been bad at driving (due to high ping), calling him an "Iraqi piece of shit" among other appalling things and sounding genuinely angry after the match ended. Needless to say I left immediately, though wasn't host that time so was powerless to "end it" so to speak.

In the future when I start to use headset (figured out the mic issue I was having before, turns out there's a separate slider for mic volume that I somehow missed...) I'll definitely speak up for people who get picked on, even if it causes the cretins to turn on me. I'm far from an assertive or super confident person, but fuck letting these trash tier people treat decent human beings that way.

MrBlonde

Its been rough

im thinking about getting it on PS4. Would you advise it? I really want it but have heard its very buggy
I haven't had too many issues in terms of crashes. It's incredibly janky and there are some really big issues but it's still fun. Be prepared for long waits to get into a match and hosts rage quitting when they die which ends the match. Also if you die 3 mins into a match you have to wait it out if you want your xp. It's a good time but again be prepared to be annoyed.

I haven't had too many issues in terms of crashes. It's incredibly janky and there are some really big issues but it's still fun. Be prepared for long waits to get into a match and hosts rage quitting when they die which ends the match. Also if you die 3 mins into a match you have to wait it out if you want your xp. It's a good time but again be prepared to be annoyed.

Thank you! I went ahead and bought it! Thanks for the info!!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Lol, all of these idiots think their programmers are manning a booth at SDCC.

Top Bottom