• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

What is this mercy you guys are talking about? Is it an ability? I haven't played in too long.

During most Epic Medal Carnivals, if you pull a certain number of times (used to be 10, now is typically 5) you are guaranteed to get the advertised medal on the final attempt.

This hasn't been the case for a while now, though.

I see, I didn't know that's what it was called.
Anyway, (on the JP account) I have two Second Chances skills; which kind of medal would be a good one to use it on? I was thinking for example of Alice (as she's already a "support" medal with her reset), or something along those line. Do you guys have any advice?

I see, I didn't know that's what it was called.
Anyway, (on the JP account) I have two Second Chances skills; which kind of medal would be a good one to use it on? I was thinking for example of Alice (as she's already a "support" medal with her reset), or something along those line. Do you guys have any advice?

On a medal that you expect to use for long battles, I guess.

Second Chance is neat and all, but its utility is limited in most situations. It's pretty decent for raid bosses, though.

Joqu

Hm, I dunno how I did it but I actually managed to beat Maleficent 13. And 14, I had way less trouble with 14!

Well, I sort of do know, I was stupid enough to try my luck with two more pulls, which means I'm out of jewels now before the anniversary and I feel dumb. I plan on buying the weekly deal for the next few weeks mind you, but I do hope SENA shows some mercy, there's only so much jewels I can save up. ;_;

I got an iKairi and a Sora & Donald & Goofy A out of it, which I feel quite good about? I dunno if the iKairi'll be any use with my iBelle and Beast at this point though, I suppose it's situational but I think I prefer the damage and dispel over a heal... You're a little late, Kairi!

Anyway, I dunno how people feel about SDG A or however you're supposed to abbreviate that, but it's a way cheaper debuff than anything I had before and I guess it made the difference in mission 13 and 14? Which I don't really get considering I was stacking buffs before instead but I guess I don't really understand how this game calculates those things.

15 though, uh. I feel like I'm doing decent damage with what I believe to be my best setup, but I can't seem to beat the second helicopter fleet in one turn (I'm going for the power one) and the damn thing oneshots me. I really want that boosted Maleficent, my magics need it, but I really shouldn't continue considering it's not a guaranteed drop, should I? And it looks like I'd run out of SP at the end of the second fight anyway. Unless I bring along a Chip & Dale but then I'm not doing nearly enough damage. At least now I'm sort of close.

Argh. I really want to figure this out before the event's over but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do so. I guess I'll have enough for a guilt now, I should be happy. Progress! But that boost....

I guess I'll play around a bit with my setups? Maybe I should post what I've got here but I dunno if anyone wants to bother giving advice. Because I probably just need more guilted Powers with what I'm trying right now. >_>

Would anyone mind giving me some advice on which medals to keep (and equip) and what to throw away? I got a bunch with the free Jewels and I'm not sure what's worth to use. You'll probably notice it's the JP version, and the ones with the yellow writing are the ones that are currently equipped, in case it's not clear.
nnhZ3GN.jpg

IQbgx1V.jpg

koqNPAR.jpg

Skittles

Would anyone mind giving me some advice on which medals to keep (and equip) and what to throw away? I got a bunch with the free Jewels and I'm not sure what's worth to use. You'll probably notice it's the JP version, and the ones with the yellow writing are the ones that are currently equipped, in case it's not clear.
I would not throw medals at all considering the point you are at. The reason for that is because of Proud Mode and Nova. Just expand your inventory space instead. 200-300 is a pretty safe amount for most

Famassu

Because of Nova and now Awakening, the only medals worth throwing away are the farmable ones. You'll want to hold on to all non-guilted ones to level up Nova and even past that if you get duplicates to some medals, getting some STR +1000 extra skills through Awakening might make those better than stronger medals without Awakening bonuses.

Otherwise unless you've spent thousands of dollars in this game, you're unlikely to have the kind of small set of guilted über good medals that will work in any & every situation. Special quests like the current "use x number of reversed medals" can require you to have a wide selection of medals, even if most of them might be ones you aren't using too actively.

Edit: Oh yeah, Proud Quests as well might have some very specific medal requirements.

Psxphile

Discount still works for me.

Really? Notice said it was supposed to end on the 28th. Huh.

Well, if you all haven't thought about expanding your storage you probably should.. only a matter of time before they introduce the Dalmatians quest.

135 unique medals that don't stack, and must be merged together in a specific way to synthesize the upgraded versions.

deanote666

Scratch that. Game data just updated at midnight PST. Back up to 100 jewels.

I was able to go from 550 to 575 before that happened though.

I bring you news from across the sea, my friends. While us saps in global wait for KH Kairi 2, Japan has just gotten their hands on a medal that makes her look as useless as a guilted Abu. Gentlemen, feast your eyes on the future:

C8Kv9E0UQAA4DKo.png:large

https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/847433188796383232

AOE, buffs Gen ATK by 6 tiers and PSM by 1 tier, debuffs GDD and PSM by 1 tier all for one turn. Also greatly recovers HP. All for the low low price of 2 gauges. This medal will be the difference between being competitive in the game and being a nobody for the forseable future. So start saving those jewels.

deanote666

New coliseum might have
ninja

Not sure if coliseum or anniversary related but something involving
gold mushrooms
is coming.

Edit: ^ Foiled by psxphile. :p

I wonder if android users will get any bonus jewels for the iOS issues since I'm assuming they're going to give some out.

Psxphile

I wonder if android users will get any bonus jewels for the iOS issues since I'm assuming they're going to give some out.

I don't think they can differentiate between iOS and Android users on a mass scale... if they want to gift iOS users jewels for the fuck-up they'll have to give it to all players, right? Then again, they successfully sent extra mirrors to those who only bought that one weekly unlock a while ago.

I bring you news from across the sea, my friends. While us saps in global wait for KH Kairi 2, Japan has just gotten their hands on a medal that makes her look as useless as a guilted Abu. Gentlemen, feast your eyes on the future:

C8Kv9E0UQAA4DKo.png:large

https://twitter.com/KHUX_PR/status/847433188796383232

AOE, buffs Gen ATK by 6 tiers and PSM by 1 tier, debuffs GDD and PSM by 1 tier all for one turn. Also greatly recovers HP. All for the low low price of 2 gauges. This medal will be the difference between being competitive in the game and being a nobody for the forseable future. So start saving those jewels.

wut da fuq
Gen Atk by 6 tiers alone would have been crazy for 2 gauges, but the rest?
Might as well throw this on every damn keyblade in the first slot.

How many pedals is this thing anyway?

Is there a mercy pull on it, or just gotta cross your fingers for this?

It's funny how now ib&b is practically shit compared to this medal now. I mean I know it is JP only atm, but still.

deanote666

I don't think they can differentiate between iOS and Android users on a mass scale... if they want to gift iOS users jewels for the fuck-up they'll have to give it to all players, right? Then again, they successfully sent extra mirrors to those who only bought that one weekly unlock a while ago.

Depends if the user ID's are generated based on OS.

They could potentially trace the payment method (google play vs. apple store) but there are a lot of FTP players out there so...

CRS

So it'll probably replace the daily jewel event we have now and it'll just be 400 jewels a day instead or some shit. Or maybe they'll bring back past medal events.

Psxphile

JP's first Anniversary Countdown event involved beating Golden Tricholomas to complete challenges that were doled out daily. The main reward given out were Broom Servants.

JP's first Anniversary Countdown event involved beating Golden Tricholomas to complete challenges that were doled out daily. The main reward given out were Broom Servants.

I do think Brooms of some sort will be part of the anniversary.

Don't think Union will be on that day sadly though.
Which sucks because could really use those jewels. lol

Credo

Hm, I dunno how I did it but I actually managed to beat Maleficent 13. And 14, I had way less trouble with 14!

I screwed around and somehow beat 14 yesterday too, so we both came out okay in the end! Got crushed on 15 though, but I got my extra Maleficent medal that I can hold onto until Union X.

Credo

Excluding Moogle o' Glory, what keyblades do most people level up first? I got my Divine Rose and Olympia to 25 and now I have enough adamantite to level another one that far, so I was wondering if I should move on to Starlight or just hold on to it for the moment. I just dumped several months' worth of currency in FF Record Keeper into the anniversary event and came away with hot garbage, so I think I'm going to focus a lot more on this game going forward......unless of course this one screws me in its anniversary event too.

Azuran

Banned
Excluding Moogle o' Glory, what keyblades do most people level up first? I got my Divine Rose and Olympia to 25 and now I have enough adamantite to level another one that far, so I was wondering if I should move on to Starlight or just hold on to it for the moment. I just dumped several months' worth of currency in FF Record Keeper into the anniversary event and came away with hot garbage, so I think I'm going to focus a lot more on this game going forward......unless of course this one screws me in its anniversary event too.

Divine Rose because of Marluxia B, Classic Donald, and the other bunch of speed and magic medals we have gotten in the past few months.

It all depends on what you have thought. If you're strength is power medals, then Olympia is a better choice.

deanote666

I use treasure trove the since my most "powerful" medals are power medals. I sometimes use olympia when my power medals need an extra boost along with the extra gauges.

I've got 4 100% Meowjesties... Do I combine one to try to get an ability on one during the awakening...?

I use treasure trove the since my most "powerful" medals are power medals. I sometimes use olympia when my power medals need an extra boost along with the extra gauges.

I've got 4 100% Meowjesties... Do I combine one to try to get an ability on one during the awakening...?

I have a boosted and unboosted Classic Donald, both guilted. I plan to use the uboosted as a trait when Union happens.

One of the traits is literally +1000 str, so if that's gotten, that's a big win, even the other traits are pretty good. Well except the Resistance traits. Those are pretty lame.

deanote666

I have a boosted and unboosted Classic Donald, both guilted. I plan to use the uboosted as a trait when Union happens.

One of the traits is literally +1000 str, so if that's gotten, that's a big win, even the other traits are pretty good. Well except the Resistance traits. Those are pretty lame.

Knowing the RNG in this game, I'll only get the resistance traits...

Magic mirror daily quests start tomorrow!

Knowing the RNG in this game, I'll only get the resistance traits...

Magic mirror daily quests start tomorrow!

That does make me wonder if you have the chance/percentage of getting any trait, or if some traits (aka crappy resistance traits) are more common than others.

Skittles

so JP got 1 broom servant a day for 5 days? I'd be fine with 2 mirrors a day since we'll most likely get a M&B on the anni day in NA

Oh, I can't wait for the end of this month, totally gonna slap that AB3M&SP2 on Xigbar B. Shame I have no chance of placing in the top 1k, would love to put another on iBnB or Herc&Phil.

Fauve

Oh, I can't wait for the end of this month, totally gonna slap that AB3M&SP2 on Xigbar B. Shame I have no chance of placing in the top 1k, would love to put another on iBnB or Herc&Phil.

Same here. Xigbar has been absolutely crucial in beating high level enemies for me. The low cost will be absolutely amazing.

Azuran

Banned

It would have been perfect for Xemnas B if SENA weren't a bunch of jerks.

I need a reverse power medal so bad :(

deanote666

Coliseum is harder this month I think...

I peaked in the 150's this month while I peaked in the 180's last month...

The question is where I use my ABIV...

I have a 100% WoFF Squall with ABIII max and meowjesty... Choices...

Coliseum is harder this month I think...

I peaked in the 150's this month while I peaked in the 180's last month...

The question is where I use my ABIV...

I have a 100% WoFF Squall with ABIII max and meowjesty... Choices...

We still have a couple weeks till the end of the month.
I'd wait to use ABIV until end of month or something. Otherwise you might get a great pull but can't use ABIV on it.

I hope Union comes this month.

deanote666

According to the notice, only the target enemy of quest 15 give Mal B drops. And rarely, usually it's a fucking Moogle or nothing (raise your Item Drop perk!).

I've already used over 150 skip tickets on this one due to the low drop rate. I COULD farm it normally but meh.

I have 5-6 extra boosted ones on top of my boosted 100% one.

I can't get any to drop from the others so I only farm mission 15.

deanote666

Looks like the super combination VIP quest is back again and something about a jewel extravaganza.

About time. I was down to 130 mickey evolve medals after the last guilting event, lol.

Top Bottom