• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

KHUC JP

C7nNZUEVsAAgFV8.png

New Proud Quest keyblade, Missing Ache (from 358/2 Days).

Ugh bought VIP yesterday and now they do the free extra jewel thing... I mean sure it's only 50 jewels, but jewels are jewels man! lol

Also that new medal ability awakening sounds pretty awesome. Seems like you just have to merge duplicate 6*s into another 6* (basically the same thing you'd do to add a pip) to unlock an ability. Once unlocked, they're "always on" and can do things like increase the player's HP, increase attack/defense power by 1000, increase damage during a Raid Boss, and resist status attacks by 20%.
Now they just need to re-release every event medal now...

Wouldn't brooms have the same effect? Or no?

With the new awakening system it might be a good idea to save any extra iBnB medals until the expansion comes out. There's an awakening skill that allows you to double cast your medal when used, which is perfect for a buffing medal like iBnB especially with the changes coming to the buff cap. This is all assuming the buff is applied a second time though.
Even if I can't guilt, should I be saving? I bought VIP this week, but not last week.

Psxphile

Wouldn't brooms have the same effect? Or no?

Even if I can't guilt, should I be saving? I bought VIP this week, but not last week.

The notice specifically mentions awakening only occurs when you fuse 6* duplicates. Fantasia Mickey B would only add a pip.

Definitely hold off on doing any more medal merges between duplicates until we're updated to Union X. Fortunately iB&B works the same regardless if it has extra pips or not.

The notice specifically mentions awakening only occurs when you fuse 6* duplicates. Fantasia Mickey B would only add a pip.

Definitely hold off on doing any more medal merges between duplicates until we're updated to Union X. Fortunately iB&B works the same regardless if it has extra pips or not.

I already merged all my iB&B medals. :<

(Got 137% guilt though, so I can't complain too much.)

Seriously? That's insane. Maybe they will change this later? Because it would mean we would NEVER be able to get awakening for old event medals?
Hmm or maybe they will make a new type of maybe that counts as a 6* dup. BROOMS 2.0! lol
So using a dup will now add an awakening AND change the guilt percentage right?

Also we can only do the awakening once right? I haven't gave beast any pips. Should I just save all 4 medals separately?

Psxphile

drgkOxa.png

Good gravy. Other datamined graphics from KHUC JP. And Global for good measure.

Seriously? That's insane. Maybe they will change this later? Because it would mean we would NEVER be able to get awakening for old event medals?
Hmm or maybe they will make a new type of maybe that counts as a 6* dup. BROOMS 2.0! lol
So using a dup will now add an awakening AND change the guilt percentage right?

Also we can only do the awakening once right? I haven't gave beast any pips. Should I just save all 4 medals separately?

Fantasia Mickey C or whatever... certainly wouldn't put it past them.

As far as Awakening works, you fuse 1 duplicate at a time into a medal, and each time a random ability is added to the medal. Now I'm not sure about this part but I think some medals have a pre-requisite amount of slots available to add abilities to (for instance I see iKairi has two slots available while Key Art #3 has five... then again it could just be random for all medals, kinda like Pokemon in a sense) and some abilities will take up more than one slot. You can stack multiple abilities this way. Also when every slot in a medal is filled up you're given a choice to override abilites or not every time you use awakening, in case what you get is worse than what you already have on.

An iKairi with 10000 ATK? Okay.jpg

deanote666

This will make re-rolling guilt a challenge too if you have a skill you want to keep on it...

Are the skills random or are some rarer than others?

drgkOxa.png

Good gravy. Other datamined graphics from KHUC JP. And Global for good measure.

Fantasia Mickey C or whatever... certainly wouldn't put it past them.

As far as Awakening works, you fuse 1 duplicate at a time into a medal, and each time a random ability is added to the medal. Now I'm not sure about this part but I think some medals have a pre-requisite amount of slots available to add abilities to (for instance I see iKairi has two slots available while Key Art #3 has five... then again it could just be random for all medals, kinda like Pokemon in a sense) and some abilities will take up more than one slot. You can stack multiple abilities this way. Also when every slot in a medal is filled up you're given a choice to override abilites or not every time you use awakening, in case what you get is worse than what you already have on.

An iKairi with 10000 ATK? Okay.jpg

So with awakening. Pretty much it's better to do a one pip with a broom than an actual dup right? Since brooms will be more easy to 'throw away'

What is Fantasia Mickey A anyways?

And dear god... a 8 tier medal? We've only recently got 5... lol. Maybe they just planning super far ahead?

Psxphile

So with awakening. Pretty much it's better to do a one pip with a broom than an actual dup right? Since brooms will be more easy to 'throw away'

What? No. If anything, it just means to evolve your dupes to 6* first before merging to get the maximum amount of chances to get a trait you want (and pips) on the base medal. Fantasia Mickey B is still going to be a very hard-to-come-by utility medal. They haven't even introduced regular Brooms in Global yet, which is what you use to evolve a Fantasia Mickey A to B.

EDIT: the new "traits"
C7oN0KYWkAAPUfh.jpg:small

I imagine they all stack through the various medals you can equip on a single keyblade.

Skittles

What? No. If anything, it just means to evolve your dupes to 6* first before merging to get the maximum amount of chances to get a trait you want (and pips) on the base medal. Fantasia Mickey B is still going to be a very hard-to-come-by utility medal. They haven't even introduced regular Brooms in Global yet, which is what you use to evolve a Fantasia Mickey A to B.

I imagine they all stack through the various medals you can equip on a single keyblade.
This makes having multiple guilts of a medal actually worth it. One could be used for raid bosses and the other for stages.

But you don't get any skills until after guilting right?

lol those last 3 traits.
Those are gonna be the ones everyone gets pissed about getting.

Notice didn't say anything about them being guilted, just that they had to be 6*. The iKairi I posted earlier clearly shows it has two traits equipped already and only 4 pips filled in.

Ohhhhhhhh. Okay. That changes things.
Guilting PLUS having dups would be hard.

So literally I should not touch my ib&b medals at all huh? lol.
And pretty much buy just don't pip anything (or at least medals I plan to use in the future)?

Maybe this is why they have medal slots on sale. lol So you can just store them until the update.

checking out of this. Does anyone play this game FTP? It seems impossible, this power creep seems insane.
I've been 100% f2p and I've been able to pretty much complete everything besides the proud+ quests.
Almost sold a spare Xigbar A but luckily didn't get around to it yet. Hoping to get STR+1000 for it once we get Awakening. :3
My laziness has paid off! I still have my Xaldin B's unguilted (although they are consolidated into two medals) and I still have 3 separated J&S medals, I hope I can get to repeat attack on it. I wish I kept all those extra Hercules and Phil medals lol.
Do we have any idea when the update is going North America/global?
I'm guessing sometime around the anniversary, so in about a couple weeks.

deanote666

I just drew an iRiku A earlier today...

Just hit 108,000,000 lux this week so far. Most I've gotten in a single week.

The next most collected in my party only has 1.6% of that...

Any active Vulpes parties out there?

Azuran

Banned
https://twitter.com/kh_ux_na/status/845107905355407360 Guaranteed Illustrated Medal every pull. Seems like they're really trying to get people to spend before the anniversary. You won't get me, you bastards.

Desperate SENA is best SENA.

I already have Illustrated Sora so I'm good because I sure as hell not pulling 6 more times for him, but I may pull for one iRiku just because the +2 speed buff is nice to have along with HD Sora and iKairi.

Psxphile

Joke's on you SENA, I already have both!

Lemme just put up the graphic anyway because just text is boring:

C7pmKxFVQAADll2.png:small

Another HSC, huh? Maybe I'll actually be able to place in this one (will probably require both iSora and iRiku for maximum points).
EDIT: oh, the Chip&Dale medal is a Tier 3 version of Minnie&Daisy: 0SP cost, restores 4 gauges. Might be nice to get one.

Skittles

Joke's on you SENA, I already have both!

Lemme just put up the graphic anyway because just text is boring:

C7pmKxFVQAADll2.png:small

Another HSC, huh? Maybe I'll actually be able to place in this one (will probably require both iSora and iRiku for maximum points).
EDIT: oh, the Chip&Dale medal is a Tier 3 version of Minnie&Daisy: 0SP cost, restores 4 gauges. Might be nice to get one.
Wowzers, you can get all the HSC rewards with a 21% boost. What is this generosity.

edit: you don't even need a boost to get all the rewards. Just have to kill everything

Psxphile

Conundrum: merge the C&D now while the guilting campaign is active, or wait until after we update to Union X for to apply traits?

Pros of doing it now: better chance for max guilt
Cons of doing it now: miss out on applying traits, possibility of another campaign during/after the update

Pros of waiting until later: 6 chances to apply good traits, especially that double-activation
Cons of waiting until later: guilting campaign runs out, chance of super-low guilt increases

Sölf

2400 more coins and I am done with all Pooh boards. Ugh, will take more than 1 hour and I definitly won't do that now.

I am actually thinking if it would be a good idea to use the next few Mickey & Brooms on my (sadly not boosted) WoFF Sephiroth, because he already has 3 dots and... well, does a fuckton of damage even without guilt.

Conundrum: merge the C&D now while the guilting campaign is active, or wait until after we update to Union X for to apply traits?

Cons of doing it now: miss out on applying traits, possibility of another campaign during/after the update

Pros of waiting until later: 6 chances to apply good traits, especially that double-activation
Cons of waiting until later: guilting campaign runs out, chance of super-low guilt increases
You can always wait until the next guilting event post-traits. Could be a while of course, but I'll be using it more for the 4 gauges more than the damage.

I think I am waiting. Especially for rarer medals like ib&b.

You can always get Magic Mirror to max guilt.

But getting traits will be harder for 4/5 tier.

Ilvocare

solve the conundrum by buying like 100 slots of space obvi

I mean after this guilting campaign I wouldn't be shocked if SENA waits until july for the next one

they've been doing fantastic this march, don't get me wrong, but I need to know that they're the real deal now, and that can only happen with consistency of this quality over several months

Malyse

Via my friends at chiunion.tumblr.com

Union Cross (JPUX)
Highlights of what to expect in NAUX due to JPUX. A few things are important to know for the next two weeks until Cross Union comes out for NAUX. If you want to stay mostly spoiler free, the main take away from this is: Don’t fuse/throw away your extra medal copies. (Whether or not you fuse this week b/c it’s guilt+ or wait for the new pseudo-skills is up to you.)

Changes
  • Only slightly bigger than before (JPUX went from 1.83 GB to 1.84 GB)
  • Guilt symbol now fades between Symbol and Tier #
  • Datamining has found Tier 6, Tier 7, and Tier 8 guilt symbols
  • +/-3 Boost cap raised to +/-7 Boost cap
  • Cost reduction cap (-10) lowered to -20.
  • Guilt available at quest 34 instead of 350
  • Medal draw rates are now displayed in the news
  • Various UI changes
Multiplayer
  • Multiplayer is an “event” in which you earn Cross Coins that you can spend on boards (currently 4 boards and 1 week long in JP)
  • 6 Players total and required: can pair up with entirely your party, entirely random people, or a mix.
  • Length is about twice a normal quest
Extra Pseudo-Skills to Medals (“Awakening Ability”, aka Traits)
  • By fusing in two of the same medal (such as to get a dot), you also get an “Awakening Ability” (probably called Traits in NAUX)
  • These include things such as double attack (weaker the second time), status effect resistances, increased Str/Def, more SP, more HP, and all sorts of crazy game-breaking things. (khinsider has a full list over here: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-Union-X-now-live-for-JP-version-8851 )
  • This psuedo-skill ALWAYS activates
  • Best to fuse medals in one at a time from now on; the trait you get is random, and you can choose whether or not to replace one you currently have
New eyes/expressions and skin tones.
Theater mode!
Roxas & Sora Medal
  • 0SP Tier 3 Multi-target Light Speed medal
  • Cura medal that has a 1.77x multiplier at full dots
  • We should get this medal in NAUX as we broke 60k registrations.

Am really excited about the update.

Worst case scenario though.
When's the latest we might see this update?

People expect it around anniversary, but can we expect the changes to come so soon after Japan?

Skittles

When beginning a quest, you can move during "Player Turn" display.
Avatar attack speed increased during Raid Boss battles.

Holy shit yes. This update is everything.

K935Txn.jpg

So. I think I have decided I must use my Attack Boost 3 if I want to advance more in the Coliseum and try to get Attack Boost 4.

Any opinions on what I should add it too?

I could also put in on Sora&Riku&Meow Wow(guilted), or HD Riku(but this one has Attack Boost 1)

I was thinking maybeee SP Axel because I could also use him on my Starlight. But idk...

No idea who I'd use Attack Boost 4 on. lol. Probably will save for Union update.

deanote666

I would only save the Attack boost skills for guilted or guiltable medals. The tier 4 or 5 may have decent damage output unguilted but guilted ones probably will still hit harder.

I just noticed the iSora A and IRiku A pulls are only once per day so for those thinking about guilting it should start pulling!

creid

So this new Chip & Dale medal is basically the same as Minnie & Daisy, except $30 cheaper? The guilt is lower, but no one is using these for damage.

I would only save the Attack boost skills for guilted or guiltable medals. The tier 4 or 5 may have decent damage output unguilted but guilted ones probably will still hit harder.

I just noticed the iSora A and IRiku A pulls are only once per day so for those thinking about guilting it should start pulling!

Welll.I can't get past round 100. Have been stuck a week.
Ill Leon and HD Roxas have 3 dots. So when brooms become an actual somewhat more commonish thing we sometimes get, I will guilt them.
But if I don't give the Attack Boost 3 to anyone. I'm pretty sure I will drop out of the top 1k on the 28th or something.

So this new Chip & Dale medal is basically the same as Minnie & Daisy, except $30 cheaper? The guilt is lower, but no one is using these for damage.
I remember I kinda wanted it, but very glad I didn't get it. Especially since C&D are great for Starlight.
Remember to not guilt them/at least save some, so you can give them traits when Union happen.

Top Bottom