• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

deanote666

I have Omega boss +20 and don't see one for 20-30 summons.

I switch back to my skill +21 to focus on lux plus and the first one is an omega... *facepalm*

Psxphile

I have Omega boss +20 and don't see one for 20-30 summons.

I switch back to my skill +21 to focus on lux plus and the first one is an omega... *facepalm*

I started summoning raid bosses late last night to farm coins. Killed about 30 Queen Bees and got 10 omegas in that time using only my Skill Perk +9 setup. Woke up this morning and farmed some more during double lux. Queen Bee is now level 99 but only got 2 Omegas. Next time I'll try my Omega Boss +20 outfit and see if we can improve that.

You'll definitely want Omegas to spawn frequently since even at 99, Queen Bee hands out the same amount of coins (Omegas slightly more). At least (for me) I can still take it out in one round. Easiest raid boss ever. Barely gets a third HP bar going by then.

Joqu

Pardon the ignorance, but is there a proper trick to spawning Omegas? I've cleared the first board and a half and I've seen... one.

Psxphile

Oh yeah, Unicornus back where it belongs. Nice try though, kitties.

Pardon the ignorance, but is there a proper trick to spawning Omegas? I've cleared the first board and a half and I've seen... one.

Nope. Completely random. Though wearing accessories that raise the Omega Boss Perk is supposed to help increase your chances of an Omega spawning instead of regular Raid Boss. If it does, it's barely noticeable.

Joqu

Oh yeah, Unicornus back where it belongs. Nice try though, kitties.

Nope. Completely random. Though wearing accessories that raise the Omega Boss Perk is supposed to help increase your chances of an Omega spawning instead of regular Raid Boss. If it does, it's barely noticeable.

I see, I guess it's just bad luck then.

Pretty sure I don't have an Omega perk anyway, just the regular one. That from a premium avatar board I missed?

deanote666

I see, I guess it's just bad luck then.

Pretty sure I don't have an Omega perk anyway, just the regular one. That from a premium avatar board I missed?

There's an omega boss perk accessory from the solo rankings awhile back.

The gingerbread avatar board scarf had an omega +10 accessory too.

Joqu

If I only had to use 2 mirrors I'd do it for the 5 nova levels. I'm not wasting 20 mirrors on mine. :(

Yeah, pooh probably isn't worth 20. :(

There's an omega boss perk accessory from the solo rankings awhile back.

The gingerbread avatar board scarf had an omega +10 accessory too.

Sounds like they haven't been too common then. Hm, oh well. I'm not losing any sleep over some perk percentages.

c-murph

Geezus. I though mine was redonculous at 270... and that's basically from what the game allows me to have. I could probably inch it a little higher if I guilted more farmables but ain't nobody got time for that. I'll wait for them to bring those banners with the farmables back.

Azuran

Banned
I have +25 omega boss perk and the bastard never spawns.

I can guarantee it makes absolutely no difference, and if it does, it's barely noticeable.

deanote666

Just did double lux hour without any breaks w/ lux plus and fell 6-10 places during the hour.

Had omega +10 the whole hour and only got 1 omega boss...

Got at least 6,000,000 lux during that hour too...

I have the omega boss up to 57 now. :/

The next highest lux gatherer in my party after me only has about 6.5% the lux I got today... I think I need a new party...

Joqu

I have +25 omega boss perk and the bastard never spawns.

I can guarantee it makes absolutely no difference, and if it does, it's barely noticeable.

That sucks. It's gotten pretty annoying, easy enough raid boss but the regular one really becomes a chore later on compared to the reward

300 jewels for the Pooh Bear typo, lol.

Yeah, they can make more typos like that for all I care, I'll take the jewels

As an aside because they mentioned also fixing the Mysterious Figure typo... I know that wasn't the error but isn't this one supposed to be the Unknown? I'm pretty sure MF has only ever referred to the BBS incarnation now that I think about it.

Famassu

Never have done VIP but I am tempted...
Maybe I will finally VIP when anniversary hits. It will probably be something crazy good.
This is a good time to get VIP if you can afford it. You get a decent amount of extra jewels and iB&B is a really, REALLY good medal (if/when you put a SP Gauge I or II on it), almost essential at this point with so many high level enemies not only requiring some serious STR buffage for yourself but also have strong DEF buffs themselves that need to be removed if you want to have any chance of dealing proper damage. Being able to do that with a single medal really frees up your setups for more damage dealers and they'll all be more efficient. It's also a strong AOE medal in itself so it's a decently good damage dealing medal to have in Speed enemy quests. Extremely useful against other types as well but of course weaker as an attack medal.

Ilvocare

oh please

VIP medals will (or at least ought to) stay as luxuries, more resourceful/hoarding players will find ways to cope

not to say iBnB isn't fantastic at this point in the game but like

don't confuse people by saying a medal hidden behind a paywall is essential

deanote666

I can't seem to break the 150 barrier in the solo rankings this week.

I've been fluctuating between 160-200. :/

Meanwhile, the next highest person in my party has less than 5% the lux I've gotten this week...

Anyone know of any active parties in Vulpes?

Azuran

Banned
oh please

VIP medals will (or at least ought to) stay as luxuries, more resourceful/hoarding players will find ways to cope

If someone doesn't have iKairi, which is considered essential nowadays, then iB&B is a straight up upgrade people should go for. You technically only need to pay $15 to get one which is all you need. Most people usually spend to get a medal like that, so $15 is on the cheap side. Plus you also get 4400 jewels just to boot.

iB&B is only a luxury is someone already has iKairi. If someone is still running Piglet, then buying the VIP and getting iB&B is a no brainier if someone is not playing this game casually.

Psxphile

I think the Omega Raid Boss perk only works for spawning generic raid bosses instead of the ones in Events.
Sounds like something they'd do. Yup.

As an aside because they mentioned also fixing the Mysterious Figure typo... I know that wasn't the error but isn't this one supposed to be the Unknown? I'm pretty sure MF has only ever referred to the BBS incarnation now that I think about it.
Ah, "The Unknown". That takes me back.

We've always known the Final Mix optional boss as the Unknown ever since Square released that game's official teaser trailer (the term appeared during his debut), though his actual in-game title was "Nazo no Otoko" or literally, Mysterious Man. But it could also translate as Enigmatic Man (which I recall was what most fan translators went with) or Mysterious Figure. The official localization of Final Mix went with "???" and "Unknown" as seen in the journal, but also referred to him as "a mysterious figure" in the description.

I think SENA is trying to consolidate the title to mean more than just the one person, in Japan "Nazo no Otoko" is also used for the Unknown from BBS, Mysterious Figure. Which is a bit confusing, I know. Should have just stuck with Unknown.

If someone doesn't have iKairi, which is considered essential nowadays, then iB&B is a straight up upgrade people should go for. You technically only need to pay $15 to get one which is all you need. Most people usually spend to get a medal like that, so $15 is on the cheap side. Plus you also get 4400 jewels just to boot.

iB&B is only a luxury is someone already has iKairi. If someone is still running Piglet, then buying the VIP and getting iB&B is a no brainier if someone is not playing this game casually.

I freely admit I might have been tempted if not for Sebastian.

Famassu

oh please

I said ALMOST essential. People can probably get by without especially if they've had good luck pulling some of the better non-paywall buffers or just generally have some really good (guilted) medals to bruteforce through content + a party with some good shared stuff and if they aren't going for 1 turn victories, but it sure makes a lot of content a fair bit more manageable (w/SP Gauge) vs. if you only have, like, Piglet and Belle.

Just think that if someone is contemplating on spending money, iB&B is a guaranteed thing one gets for that money now rather than offering the usual 0,000000000001% chance of getting something even remotely as good from random pulls.

I just don't know how I would even fit him in my current set up.
DgWiztk.jpg

Only one worth replacing is Riku maybe.

The dispel part is the most appealing part. Although I do have a Belle and Alice.

Joqu

Ah, "The Unknown". That takes me back.

We've always known the Final Mix optional boss as the Unknown ever since Square released that game's official teaser trailer (the term appeared during his debut), though his actual in-game title was "Nazo no Otoko" or literally, Mysterious Man. But it could also translate as Enigmatic Man (which I recall was what most fan translators went with) or Mysterious Figure. The official localization of Final Mix went with "???" and "Unknown" as seen in the journal, but also referred to him as "a mysterious figure" in the description.

I think SENA is trying to consolidate the title to mean more than just the one person, in Japan "Nazo no Otoko" is also used for the Unknown from BBS, Mysterious Figure. Which is a bit confusing, I know. Should have just stuck with Unknown.

Ooooh, thanks for the explanation. <3

It is a bit confusing, but it does match up with the Japanese title then, I suppose it makes sense. Still, I'm definitely not used to the Final Mix boss being called the MF too, it's weird. They're separate characters that use different lightsabers! The inevitable BBS Mysterious Figure medal being called Mysterious Figure BBS Version or something doesn't feel quite right to me, though I suppose the very same thing would happen in Japan. All right then.

"Unknown Figure" would've been a nice compromise imo, ah well.

deanote666

I just don't know how I would even fit him in my current set up.
DgWiztk.jpg

Only one worth replacing is Riku maybe.

The dispel part is the most appealing part. Although I do have a Belle and Alice.

iB&B is superior to Pooh. +3 strength vs +2 attack strength. Are any of those medals guilted? If not, I would only keep some of them for their buffs/debuffs and use a guilted attack medal.

Just got the omega boss up to level 99... And my solo rank keeps getting worse...

iB&B is superior to Pooh. +3 strength vs +2 attack strength. Are any of those medals guilted? If not, I would only keep some of them for their buffs/debuffs and use a guilted attack medal.

Just got the omega boss up to level 99... And my solo rank keeps getting worse...

Wow I thought it said power based strength for him... I feel dumb lol. I guess it's even better than I thought.

I only have freebies guilted kinda. Sora & Riku & meow wow. Who I use sometimes.
And classic goofy. Hercules & Phil.

I caved... I bought VIP.
This is the first micro transaction I have ever done. I feel so dirty lol...

Also the pull I got from it was garbage.
Cx7PVfF.jpg

deanote666

I still haven't guilted my Mulan. Bambi, Vivi, and Diz yet so I still welcome those.

I kind of like this draw since it guarantees tier 4 and/or 5 while still getting tier 2's since I still have a lot of tier 2's that still need guilted.

I've gotten almost all of the tier 3's guilted thanks to all the epic only pulls.

Still need 1 more Marluxia A, Cerberus, Aladdin, and a few others yet.

Edit: When you finish the level 99 Omega raid boss and your rank gets worse...

I would think my Hd Roxas would be better for that keyblade right?
Since it drops power defense by 2. And has 3 dots.

Or is losing 1 general defense better than 2 power defense?

Azuran

Banned
I would think my Hd Roxas would be better for that keyblade right?
Since it drops power defense by 2. And has 3 dots.

Or is losing 1 general defense better than 2 power defense?

They stack so that's nice if you need to hit hard for one turn. Usually, general defense is way better against high level enemies. For raids and other lower level enemies, it doesn't matter because they don't have any defense to begin with. I think raid bosses have 0 defense actually but don't quote me on that.

Fauve

With the new awakening system it might be a good idea to save any extra iBnB medals until the expansion comes out. There's an awakening skill that allows you to double cast your medal when used, which is perfect for a buffing medal like iBnB especially with the changes coming to the buff cap. This is all assuming the buff is applied a second time though.

Psxphile

why can't i hold all these updates?

KHUX Global

New Premium Avatars, Proud Quests and the new Counterpoint Keyblade incoming, "and more!":
C7kcigZUwAEaq7R.png:small

KHUC JP

Besides the new title screen and mechanics, avatars will be getting a facelift or three:

Also that new medal ability awakening sounds pretty awesome. Seems like you just have to merge duplicate 6*s into another 6* (basically the same thing you'd do to add a pip) to unlock an ability. Once unlocked, they're "always on" and can do things like increase the player's HP, increase attack/defense power by 1000, increase damage during a Raid Boss, and resist status attacks by 20%.

deanote666

why can't i hold all these updates?

KHUX Global

New Premium Avatars, Proud Quests and the new Counterpoint Keyblade incoming, "and more!":
C7kcigZUwAEaq7R.png:small

KHUC JP

Besides the new title screen and mechanics, avatars will be getting a facelift or three:

Also that new medal ability awakening sounds pretty awesome. Seems like you just have to merge duplicate 6*s into another 6* (basically the same thing you'd do to add a pip) to unlock an ability. Once unlocked, they're "always on" and can do things like increase the player's HP, increase attack/defense power by 1000, increase damage during a Raid Boss, and resist status attacks by 20%.

Now they just need to re-release every event medal now...

Can confirm Union X is nuts. So much new stuff. Pulled and got Cloud EX which is nice. The new Sora EX looks legit. Wish I understood what he does. Also new Sora and Roxas is a tier 3 lol.

CRS

Can confirm Union X is nuts. So much new stuff. Pulled and got Cloud EX which is nice. The new Sora EX looks legit. Wish I understood what he does. Also new Sora and Roxas is a tier 3 lol.

Sora EX

Max: 7804/7632
Multi: 1.96~3.48
Cost: 2
Ability: Brave Impact | AOE
Matk+3 & enemy Mdef-3 for 1 turn. More HP= more power. 3 ATKS.

Riku KH0.2

Max: 7440/7340
Multi: 1.95~3.21
Cost: 3
Ability: Refrigeration | AOE
Atk+2 & Patk+2 for 2 turns. More HP= more power. 5ATKS.

Sora&Roxas

Max: 7241/7124
Multi: 1.77
Cost: 0
Ability: Dual Esoterica | AOE
13 moderately powerful attacks & cura

Atram

Medal storage expanded to 900 max, with storage half-price until the 29th.

EDIT: AND ANOTHER FREE M&B!!!!

And we reached the stretch goal (no one ever mentioned...)

We will Receive 6000 Jewels + 7 Sora&Roxas Medals + M&B (which we received today, or is this a extra one?)

Top Bottom