• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony was to greenlight Bloodborne 2 without From, which studio would you prefer?

I am 100% sure a Bloodborne 2 without From and Miyazaki on board would not be the same. But lets work with the hypothesis that From Software and Miyazaki doesnt want to work on a sequel at all, never ever. Personally, I would never choose not having a game at all than having it and not reaching my expectations. The aesthetics alone of Bloodborne makes me thirsty for another game with that atmosphere.

What do you think the odds are of someone else being able to capture that very specific vibe?

omg op your right can you imagine if naughty dog did bloodborne 2 and used that cool mud tech from that scene where drake is on the back of the truck holding onto a rope and he's sliding around and the mud moves all lifelike just think about a cool mudborne boss with that mud tech at play during the fight it would be a sight to behold

Why do people think Sony Japan developed Bloodborne?

Because they're listed alongside FROM as one of the two studios responsible for the game's creation. You've made it pretty clear they had little hand in actual development, but it's not really surprising for others to not be aware of this.

I-hate-u

Bloodborne is my GOTG, possibly GOTD, but I would say I don't want BB2 to happen at all if From is not making it.

Like any developer in this world can come close to matching the Ludwig boss fight.

Woetyler

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

kikiribu

No one can do what From does but Nioh has great combat too.

I'd want:

Decima Engine
Team Ninja on combat
Project Siren on designs?

Idk. It's a lot to wish for. Seems impossible for it to live up to Bloodborne.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Sony Studios Japan. About the only worthwhile choice, although maybe Capcom could make something palatable. Team Ninja made a fantastic game in Nioh, but it's still fairly different.

Worst possible choice would be Ninja Theory. I'd prefer Mercury Steam to have a go, rather than them. And I want Mercury Steam as far away as possible.

Because they're listed alongside FROM as one of the two studios responsible for the game's creation. You've made it pretty clear they had little hand in actual development, but it's not really surprising for others to not be aware of this.
I'm not being snarky I was just genuinely curious as how it came to be so widely accepted.

KillLaCam

Banned
No one is worthy. Team Ninja would probably do the best job out of any other devs but they still wouldn't be able to make anything like Bloodborne.

lets say, Naughty Dog (come on, admmit you are curious now about a Souls like Naughty Dog game lol)?
Nooooo keep them a billion miles from anything like this.

They won't make one without FromSoft. If they did, Sony Japan Studio should make it. They helped with Bloodborne and are a good studio. They could use something to work on now that Knack and Gravity Rush are done.

Servbot24

Banned
If there's no From, I don't want it.

But if I had to choose... Kojima. I believe he could nail the atmosphere, we know he can make great gameplay. I think the game would fall apart thanks to his indulgences (which I love in other contexts), but hey, at least the game would be moody and interesting.

Vlade

that's a painful question since answering it would imply I'm ok with a different and worse-at-what-bloodborne-is game being called bloodborne. so .... Shift?

if its a new dev I'd rather they called it something else.

Dunkley

Deck13 due to The Surge, Bandai Namco Entertainment due to Code: Vein, Team Ninja due to Nioh or Sony Studios Japan because they helped with Demon's Souls and Bloodbourne.

Don't think any of them would really measure up to FROM Software's quality, but since the thread's premise is assuming who else could produce a decent game besides FROM, I'd say these teams have proven themselves that I could consider all of them able of producing a enjoyable product using the Bloodborne IP.

PS: Let me share this thing I found. It's called "literally the first sentence in the OP"

Now, lets not make this a "I would rather we didnt have the game at all without From and Lord Miyazaki-sama".

Pretty cool find, huh? More people should read it instead of running into this thread holding L1.

gogosox82

Sony's Japan Studio. They helped work on Demons and BB so they would be the logical choice but frankly I wouldn't be nearly as interested or even interested at all if From weren't involved in some way.

Team Ninja. Only dev I can think of that could pull it off.

EDIT: Ou wait, I forgot about Japan Studio. Team Ninja x Japan Studio would be interesting.

*whispers* Ninja Theory

Is Hellblade a massive step up in terms of combat and encounter design from DmC? If not, then I don't want them anywhere near BB2.

Servbot24

Banned
Pretty cool find, huh? More people should read it instead of running into this thread holding L1.

Most people probably read it, some things are just impossible not to react to even if you say not to react to it. (speaking for the posts that said they don't want it but still gave a reluctant example)

Aters

Now, lets not make this a "I would rather we didnt have the game at all without From and Lord Miyazaki-sama".

I don't understand. This is the only logical answer and you said "please don't say it". And no, I do not want ND or SM to ever touch Bloodborne. Especially ND. They have never made a good boss fight ever.

Only when it's to their convenience. If it's Sony Japan developed why would they Pro patch Knack instead of Bloodborne.

To answer OP none but if I HAD to choose the Nioh dev team.

Now here's the critical question.

Dao Puppy

Neo Member
You'd think people would stop deifying Miyazaki after DS3 but to each their own.

Here me out, IO Interactive. Forget about Absolution for a bit and concentrate on the recent Hitman. Each level is unique, few reused map idea, just like from, they put some thought into the scenario building while skirting the requirements of an actual story, like From, and compared to most action games they make more methodical, planned approaches, like From.

And if they change mechanics I'd love to be able to set a carriage on fire, attract some enemies, and then run into the boss room to hit a Blood Starved beast with a toaster while it's in the bath.

Some of their face models are appropriately horrific as well.

JlNX

I don't think Sony would be stupid enough to do that, they need to keep From as free and happy as possible. They don't want to lose them as a second party again, really I can't think of a single studio that makes combat as good as Bloodborne or Souls. Let alone the art style and worlds From builds that are so intertwined with the gameplay, it's best to just hope we get to see what From is working on next. I'm not excited for the idea of Bloodborne 2 or Dark souls 4 (Even though both aren't happening) but the next game From makes, thats what is exciting that is my Bloodborne 2.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Guerilla, Team Ninja or Capcom and only reluctantly.

Fucking no one else though. People saying Ninja Theory, Kojima Productions or Platinum non-ironically make me want to drink acid.

Sanctuary

without From?

just don't

Done.

Guerilla, Team Ninja or Capcom and only reluctantly.

Fucking no one else though. People saying Ninja Theory, Kojima Productions or Platinum non-ironically make me want to drink acid.

Ok, I suppose I could reluctantly agree with Team Ninja, only with some heavy oversight and direction. The combat in Nioh was sublime, but everything else around it was simply serviceable or just blargy. I wouldn't want an already dubious level design from Bloodborne somehow turning into Nioh tier. Just yuck. Guerilla though? Fuck that noise. They can't make a good character action combat system. Horizon doesn't have good combat at all, and it's only decent at best during the bullet time skill. It has plenty of options yes, but I don't really count traps or just spraying "guns" in a third-person perspective as a good character action design.

Blobbers

Team Ninja and Ueda team up. Team Ninja does the combat, Ueda does the level design and all the world building stuff.
Otherwise, no one. Certainly not Naughty Dog. Their strengths lie elsewhere.

Top Bottom