• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Lime

dreamfallchapters2017mjuwu.jpg

dreamfallchapters2017o8uxp.jpg

lumzi23

I remember back in the PS2/Xbox/GameCube generation it seemed difficult to imagine in what ways that racing games graphics could be improved/made more real... Wow!

Timu

I remember back in the PS2/Xbox/GameCube generation it seemed difficult to imagine in what ways that racing games graphics could be improved/made more real... Wow!
As long as we have new console gens, they will just keep looking better no matter what. I always thought they can improve and they always do!

R8TEDM3

Having spent a good amount of hours this weekend with pCARS 2, i'm sad that devs still haven't learned from their mistakes. The main one...controls. Some cars just go left and right no matter what you do, like they have a mind of their own. And that's while it's only raining! In snow, you can forget about it! Ai cars have some super winter tires that are glued to the road, while mine are worse than slicks. They had so much time, and still messed it up...way worse than 1st game! And then, these low crap, low res liveries!!! I understand they had to put them in console versions, but in PC ver. come the fuck on! I'm not going out of my way and import custom ones, when they should've been in the game right from the start!

Just too bad as lighting and weather conditions in this game are stunning, and way better than 1st! Forza 7 doesn't hold a candle to this game graphically, but it's probably gonna sell tons more because it's easier to play. I see lot of people being turned off by pCars 2 controls, and anyone thinking about buying this game now...don't! (at least not in it's current state) Such a shame.

37297952001_fd8ea3d518_k.jpg

37268543772_52ccff1d64_o.png

Darkdeus

Having spent a good amount of hours this weekend with pCARS 2, i'm sad that devs still haven't learned from their mistakes. The main one...controls. Some cars just go left and right no matter what you do, like they have a mind of their own. And that's while it's only raining! In snow, you can forget about it! Ai cars have some super winter tires that are glued to the road, while mine are worse than slicks. They had so much time, and still messed it up...way worse than 1st game! And then, these low crap, low res liveries!!! I understand they had to put them in console versions, but in PC ver. come the fuck on! I'm not going out of my way and import custom ones, when they should've been in the game right from the start!

Just too bad as lighting and weather conditions in this game are stunning, and way better than 1st! Forza 7 doesn't hold a candle to this game graphically, but it's probably gonna sell tons more because it's easier to play. I see lot of people being turned off by pCars 2 controls, and anyone thinking about buying this game now...don't! (at least not in it's current state) Such a shame.

37297952001_fd8ea3d518_k.jpg

37268543772_52ccff1d64_o.png

Which cars are you having trouble with? I've heard of some cars having bugs but I've never experienced them. The game plays great with a wheel and pad for me and is a huge step up from Pcars 1. I find that there is plenty of grip in the rain and snow. Are you using the right tires?

Almost all serious sim racers seem to have no problems from browsing forums like Race Department but the reports from the console side seems less good.

R8TEDM3

Which cars are you having trouble with? I've heard of some cars having bugs but I've never experienced them. The game plays great with a wheel and pad for me and is a huge step up from Pcars 1. I find that there is plenty of grip in the rain and snow. Are you using the right tires?

Almost all serious sim racers seem to have no problems from browsing forums like Race Department but the reports from the console side seems less good.

Of course i'm using the right tires. Remember i used to back the 1st game just like you (and probably wasted over 1000 hrs) so i'm not a newbie, but that's the first thing i made sure! I'm playing the game with Thrustmaster TX racing wheel, but tried the controller as well, which makes it even worse. On dry pavement it's great, but once it starts raining/snowing...instant headache.

Darkdeus

hmm yea I don't know then. I've found the cars I've driven to have a lot more grip in the rain than they did in Pcars 1.

Have you tried the loose vs stable setups? I believe they added those on launch so I may have have been playing with a different setup throughout the alpha/beta's.

One3rd

37300388711_9f0cf15a9e_o.jpg

Anyone know of a solution for rendering this game at different AR's without those black bars or getting rid of the annoying edge DOF vignette effect?

keraj37

Hmm, I play almost only open wheel cars in PC2 and controls are completely fine, I would even say better then in PC1 and I am using middle class wheel (T80 forced to work on my PC). But I have this game since last night so lets see.
Did you try to tweak your wheel in options?
Opposite to you I recommend this game to buy even in its current shape!

Noobhammer

Neo Member
Is there a free camera tool for Dishonored Death of the Outsider or is it "just" Ansel?

I'm not sure I don't own it or have used many camera tools. I just wanted to add one handy thing I found with Ansel. If you use the spy glass you can set a depth of field and then manually change the fov in ansel to whatever you want. The distortion and ring of the spyglass won't show in the screenshot if you use Super resolution.

Not what you asked for and pretty janky but it is kind cool as a workaround to push Dof at least, so I thought I'd mention it.

Like so:

dishonored2super-reso31svx.jpg

dishonored2super-resokms65.jpg

23488801158_9fdda204dc_o.png

23488801318_0014997c23_o.png

I'm having some issues with super resolution in Ansel. The images I take have all sorts of ghosting and duplicates in them. I'm on the latest Nvidia driver.

Top Bottom