• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

73scn.jpg

R8TEDM3

Hmm, I play almost only open wheel cars in PC2 and controls are completely fine, I would even say better then in PC1 and I am using middle class wheel (T80 forced to work on my PC). But I have this game since last night so lets see.
Did you try to tweak your wheel in options?
Opposite to you I recommend this game to buy even in its current shape!

Yea i tried tweaking it but sadly nothing really works on my end! So i ordered a new wheel thru Amazon and should have it here tomorrow! Hopefully that works, and btw only happens with high-powered cars. I tried playing with 2 different pads, elite and regular xbox one controller...and it makes me wanna smash it against the wall. Car will go anywhere but straight! Glad it's working for you at least, kinda gives me hope until my new wheel comes.

23504310848_fbb94ea996_o.png

37355644891_de363ebb9b_o.png

OtisInf

Yea i tried tweaking it but sadly nothing really works on my end! So i ordered a new wheel thru Amazon and should have it here tomorrow! Hopefully that works, and btw only happens with high-powered cars. I tried playing with 2 different pads, elite and regular xbox one controller...and it makes me wanna smash it against the wall.
Played PC1 with controller and that last remark reflects what I felt when playing it. I just gave up. Tried all kinds of settings, recommendations from others etc. but in the end the car is uncontrollable at high speeds. 0.1mm movement to the left/right and the car flips too much to the left/right so you have to correct that which is always too much, etc. car, meet your new buddy, the fence/wall/ditch/rail/sand.

So frustrating, next to the blistering bad AI which totally rams you off the road at the end of the race, it's like playing GT5 online. Never again.

R8TEDM3

Played PC1 with controller and that last remark reflects what I felt when playing it. I just gave up. Tried all kinds of settings, recommendations from others etc. but in the end the car is uncontrollable at high speeds. 0.1mm movement to the left/right and the car flips too much to the left/right so you have to correct that which is always too much, etc. car, meet your new buddy, the fence/wall/ditch/rail/sand.

So frustrating, next to the blistering bad AI which totally rams you off the road at the end of the race, it's like playing GT5 online. Never again.

You pretty much nailed it 100% how it is! Just surprised that more people are not having the same problem. Anyway, few pic's to get the thread rolling...

37314828346_e22c782cf6_o.png

37314825976_6489c5c53e_o.png

keraj37

You pretty much nailed it 100% how it is! Just surprised that more people are not having the same problem.

I am not sure how is playing iRacing, Assetto Corsa etc - in general racing sims - with pad, but I would simply say games like PC and the mentioned above are NOT designed to be played with anything else then wheel controller. Simple as that.
Maybe people are somehow used to playing arcade racing games (like Forza etc) with pads, but it simply won't work with simulations.

I played PC1 with Steam controller, and I had same reaction like you guys - fortunately steam controller is though so it survived many bounces out of wall :)

OtisInf

Sigh, game crashes if I use Otis' camera tools in combination with reshade. Well... At least I can play with reshade on.
Hmm, reshade 0.x? I haven't tried it but it might be due to the Dxgi hooking the camera tools and reshade both do, although with later versions of reshade that hasn't posed a problem :/

OtisInf

23542073888_6b0aed1837_o.jpg

36685386164_ef72cbb7ed_o.jpg

I've updated the camera tools, you can now select time of day and can create a blend of two weather types. This way you can e.g. add slight fog to a clear day or e.g. create a rainy sandstorm :)

https://github.com/FransBouma/InjectableGenericCameraSystem/tree/master/Cameras/MGS5

Also found out that if you increase the lens length for the DoF in the game, the shadows are visible further back, so it loads more detail :) You'll get blurry backdrops after a while so you then have to increase the focus point, but it's a minor thing to do.

Have fun :)

Yea i tried tweaking it but sadly nothing really works on my end! So i ordered a new wheel thru Amazon and should have it here tomorrow! Hopefully that works, and btw only happens with high-powered cars. I tried playing with 2 different pads, elite and regular xbox one controller...and it makes me wanna smash it against the wall. Car will go anywhere but straight! Glad it's working for you at least, kinda gives me hope until my new wheel comes.

23504310848_fbb94ea996_o.png

Really nice.

Also really nice.

image11yuuev.png

image50xu7h.png

Timu

Very bad, message doesn't telling anything.
Have you tried to update display drivers? also what OS do you have?
Yes, I'm on the latest Nvidia driver, and Windows 7. I just get that message every single time I try to start the game and I have no idea why.

Top Bottom