• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well im not from Europe.. but it was an unpopular war but mainly because of the things Fantaspotamus said above

I don't think that's actually a problem given how Grand Theft Auto V sells, or the kind of lasting reception The Deer Hunter had.

Like this game will presumably include such things as firebombing civilian cities with millions of people in them, and might even have you dropping nuclear weapons on Japan.

Remember guys, they saw DICE release a WWI game last fall and wuz like oh shit and put this together in 6 months. Gun b shyte.
If the weapons they added to Advanced Warfare over the last two years are any indication they've been working on WW2 for a while.

Also, hopefully the next Battlefield game will be 1944 now and not another WW1 game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
C987l_EXkAE0nbI.jpg:large

Oh god pls no jetpacks.

strafer

If there is indeed a Omaha Beach I do hope they add a little more grittyness to it, the Allied Assault sequence was good but there wasnt any blood and the hits lacked the impact.

Now I'm not asking for Hacksaw Ridge level of grittyness.

Have we already forgotten this very franchise had multiplatform releases across the PS360 and the Wii, who were a great deal far more apart in muscle than the Switch and the PS4/One?

If they deem it worthy of their time it'll come one way or the other.

Not at all which is exactly why I said I could see them doing future CODs on the Switch.

It is highly unlikely this game however is

AudioEppa

I trust sledgehammer. Hopefully they don't disappoint me like Treyarch and IW did.

New telltale walking dead episode, next day CoD WW2 reveal? This upcoming week is about to be lit af. What's next. PlayStation plus games will be good?

Sn4ke_911

Hope they returned to this way of thinking while developing CODWW2, where you are just another soldier on the battlefield.

Hmm that's probably his squad reflecting in his eyes.

C985SCjVYAEwnAK.jpg:large

Ensoul

Hope they're still not using that same fucking old engine.
Also hope there won't be pay2win micro transaction bullshit.

Micro transactions will go away when people stop spending money on COD points (or whatever it will be called in COD 2017) In other words never.

Kalentan

Well, until the next COD game.

The best thing they could do is let IW keep doing Infinite Warfare and have Treyarch go to modern. So that every year we get a different setting. If they were to all go back to Modern or all back to WW2, we will be back in the same spot as before.

I'd like to see them explore the german side of WW2. Especially the period from 39-42/43 could be interesting because they were on the offensive in that period. Switch to russian/allied forces after to show them on the offensive.

Don't think gamedevs will have the balls to show a realistic depiction of germans in WW2 though.

I don't think most players have the balls for a realistic depiction of the germans in world war 2.

Game devs don't have the balls to do it because massacring unarmed men, woman, and children isn't compelling gameplay.

Loxley

Modern/Futuristic shooters have dominated for longer than WWII shooters ever did, at his point.

Yep, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and World at War were really the last gasps of the AAA WW2 shooters - and all of those were released in 2007-2008. But even by 2007 the industry had largely moved on, what with the success of Battlefield 2 and COD4.

I feel like 2005 is when the WW2 shooter fatigue had really begun to settle in, and that was only after 6-7 years. We've been going at this modern/futuristic thing for a decade now.

I don't really care about what particular setting it is, I just hope it won't limit the variety of guns, customizations, perks and killstreaks in MP. It's the main reason I continue to play COD every year instead of other MP games.

jelly

I would much prefer Battlefield multiplayer in WWII and something better than COD in single player but leaning on more open scale like Battlefield. The balance that never comes.

DAHGAMING

First time in a while im looking forwards to a cod, will wait for detals first as im still thinking they might sneak some jet pack in somehow. What will the sequal be WWII 2?

Oh hey, it's that BiA: Hell's Highway pose.

Well..sort of.

A WW2 game playing as Germany would be pretty cool actually, have there been any before?

Red Orchestra 2's the only FPS with a German 'campaign' (being generous here) that I can think of off the top of my head. I can understand the desire to shy away from it.

dreamfall

I'm ready for some grounded combat. Please no flying around everywhere - slow it down a bit! Hope they announce a beta too!

Sn4ke_911

First COD game since Black Ops 2 i'm getting excited for.

Don't fuck this up Activision.

Xando

I don't think most players have the balls for a realistic depiction of the germans in world war 2.

Game devs don't have the balls to do it because massacring unarmed men, woman, and children isn't compelling gameplay.
They already did that and it had a huge uproar (no russian).

I think devs think they can only lose if they had major parts of a WW2 game as germans. Either you are getting called out for lessening the holocaust or you are seen as showing too much violence.
I think call of duty wouldn't dare to have you commit war crimes on the scale germans in WW2 did, after all the player is always supposed to feel as a hero.

eFKac

So ready! Will be my first CoD since WaW.

Hoping the campaign is not a complete afterthought, and over 6 hours long.

BigEmil

If this does too well they'll likely force more microtransactions stuff etc harder since they already got good press meaning they can slide this stuff in without much backlash
They were more rewarding with Infinite Warfare since it had alot bad press and less sales compared to Black Ops 3

Top Bottom