• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

strafer

This scene again... LOL. It will be interesting to see whether they go with the rehash of popular WWII scenes, let's do the same scene but from a supporting troop's PoV, OR, the ever popular, hey, here's another battle you didn't know about trope.

We could play as the other side. We jumped around in Call of Duty 2.

nE2RT9b.gif

t hicks

Banned
Yeah I always like to rent and play through the COD campaigns every year, so I'm hoping this one is solid :) BOIII's was really bad, but I liked AW/IW a lot

soultron

Banned
Might be my first COD since MW3. Interested to see what they're planning for this since they won't have the advanced mobility stuff from recent CODs.

Hoodbury

Yeah, the BO3 campaign was horrible. I realy loved the mp though, and in the end thats still what I play CoD for.

I wonder if this CoD will still have map packs, with Battlefront 2 moving away from them.

It'll probably have map packs though.

I hope so too but I feel CoD will stick with map packs for another year or two before following the new trend.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

nE2RT9b.gif

Yeah, there is that. It would be interesting if they decided to add air support roles where you can fly, but they'd risk becoming labeled as followers to Battlefield.

Loxley

It'll be refreshing to not play as Super Black Ops Tacticool Badass #5234 and go back to being a regular grunt that's just another cog in the wheel again, since that's what West and Zampella created the series for to begin with.

Hopefully we'll also bounce around the globe again and play a number of different soldiers in the war - perhaps even from the German side.

Xando

nE2RT9b.gif
I'd like to see them explore the german side of WW2. Especially the period from 39-42/43 could be interesting because they were on the offensive in that period. Switch to russian/allied forces after to show them on the offensive.

Don't think gamedevs will have the balls to show a realistic depiction of germans in WW2 though.

all aboard the Higgins Hype boat cause we are fucking storming Normandy to kill some Nazis! Or American if you're on the German side in MP

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Cause making a game where the US is a violent aggressor dropping chemical weapons on their under equipped enemies and raping and pillaging their ways through villages probably won't sell as well in the US:
Glenn was saying they were making one, but that they kept getting informed the war was extremely unpopular in Europe, and that this was going to be a problem.
Well im not from Europe.. but it was an unpopular war but mainly because of the things Fantaspotamus said above

Theres only like 8 modern/futuristic cod's. Only 6 in a row too!

Why make a 6th WW2 CoD? We already had 3 years in a row of WW2 CoDs! Was really hoping we'd have future/modern CoD's for 9 years in a row instead of this lame 8 years in a row.

Hopefully its just a one time thing and there isnt another WW2 shooter for at least another 8 years, they do them too much.

Hoping this doesn't feel like blops and has its own personality.

I said I was odd of cod but of course the one thing that could bring me back happens. I still expect their to be those horrible lootboxes as well as wall running.

ew i'll pass. enough of this WW crap. even after the long break it's still not enough. i won't be buying another Battlefield/Cod game until they go back to modern/futuristic settings.
Hopefully you'll never buy another Battlefield or COD then.

Leave the sci-fi stuff to Star Wars.

the title is atrocious. but im excited to see how it turns out. maybe itll be something different in terms of what parts of WW2 we see. although i wont be upset with the typical battles and settings in todays graphics.

I will remain unhyped for this until more information comes out. This could be interesting, or it could be mediocre. But maybe that is me trying to be realistic about this game.

ViciousDS

Banned
I am so fucking ready for WW2 again,

I like futuristic games......but I don't like CoD futuristic games. The wall running and shit in multiplayer is straight trash

x-Lundz-x

Remember guys, they saw DICE release a WWI game last fall and wuz like oh shit and put this together in 6 months. Gun b shyte.

Richie

I mean it's going to be the same engine Infinite Warfare was on and I don't see how the Switch could run Infinite Warfare.

Not saying a Switch version is impossible but it's extremely unlikely. If Switch keeps selling great then in say another year or 2 I could see them optimizing / changing the engine in order to make Switch versions

If it looks anything close to last year it's not gonna be on Switch or be the same version as the other 3.

Have we already forgotten this very franchise had multiplatform releases across the PS360 and the Wii, who were a great deal far more apart in muscle than the Switch and the PS4/One?

If they deem it worthy of their time it'll come one way or the other.

ew i'll pass. enough of this WW crap. even after the long break it's still not enough. i won't be buying another Battlefield/Cod game until they go back to modern/futuristic settings.

its been almost ten years since the last COD game set in world war 2.

Toa TAK

Banned
It'll be refreshing to not play as Super Black Ops Tacticool Badass #5234 and go back to being a regular grunt that's just another cog in the wheel again, since that's what West and Zampella created the series for to begin with.

Hopefully we'll also bounce around the globe again and play a number of different soldiers in the war - perhaps even from the German side.

Fuck, yes, this! These were aspects of the series that defined Call of Duty to me.

Top Bottom